3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 04/11/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/256698-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-04-11-12-a.html)

mlucas 04-11-2012 03:55 PM

Back from my WI another 2lb's lighter and an inch smaller... not as much as i'd like but i think i over did it with the workouts this week. Lesson learned.

I also talked to my coach about using alternatives and she said that I would have to move to Phase 2 and not be able to come in as often.... might have to think this through... maybe say ok and continue doing P1 while on P2 to them... thoughts?

Congrats to all the losses!

finnsmom24 04-11-2012 03:59 PM

HI all

Just popping in to introduce myself. I was a regular poster last year having lost 77 pounds in a little over 4 months. I took a break to get married and then to my surprise we got pregnant almost immediately. So now Im back with a new account, a new purpose and a new goal. I have all the baby weight plus more to lose and so far after my first week Im down 9 pounds. Im training for a 10km at the end of May and the spartan race june 3 here in Ottawa. I was an avid runner before getting pregnant ( I was pregnant with triplets and put on no excercise, sadly we lost our twins but I gave birth to our little miracle Finn 7 months ago) and hope to get back to running the amount I was while on IP and losing all the weight.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and sharing my journey with you.

Andie0606 04-11-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlucas (Post 4289423)
Back from my WI another 2lb's lighter and an inch smaller... not as much as i'd like but i think i over did it with the workouts this week. Lesson learned.

I also talked to my coach about using alternatives and she said that I would have to move to Phase 2 and not be able to come in as often.... might have to think this through... maybe say ok and continue doing P1 while on P2 to them... thoughts?

Congrats to all the losses!

Does your coach closely monitor how much product you buy? Mine doesn't, so I switched to the EAS shakes. When I wrote that in my food journal, she said it "wasn't protocal" and that I couldn't have them. I still have them, I just write "shake" in my journal without specifying what brand. I guess what I'm suggesting is fudge if you have to. If you're like me, you've probably already spent a fortune on IP products. Buy just enough IP to stay in good with your coach and use alternatives for the rest if you can get away with it.

AnaMP 04-11-2012 04:02 PM

So I have been struggling to stay OP for the past 3 weeks and I am not able to get a grip on the cravings!! I had never tried the restricted products before (my coach didn't allow them); I took them now since I thought it would help me get back on track but I think it back fired...so i have been out of control lately and can't get back to it!!

It's maddening...anyway, today is a new day and so far so good...so one day a time and we'll see how it goes...

daniellerb82 04-11-2012 04:13 PM

Spaghetti squash?

Hello everyone! I have a quick question. Does anyone here eat spaghetti squash? It is low in carbs so I don't see why we can't have it. Just want to see what everyone thinks.

Thurge 04-11-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellerb82 (Post 4289448)
Hello everyone! I have a quick question. Does anyone here eat spaghetti squash? It is low in carbs so I don't see why we can't have it. Just want to see what everyone thinks.

Spaghetti Squash can't be your friend until sometime in phase 3 or 4. What you can do however is use zucchini in a spiral slicer or even a mandolin to make very serviceable noodles.

mooselover 04-11-2012 04:16 PM

Boy do I need to stay off of the scale too!!! After a stall last Friday and being sick for over a week I am frustrated with my scale. Hasn't moved as much as I would like and it put me in a funk today. I will keep away from the scale until my weigh in on Friday morning. Not a good way to start off my day today :(

daniellerb82 04-11-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thurge (Post 4289456)
Spaghetti Squash can't be your friend until sometime in phase 3 or 4. What you can do however is use zucchini in a spiral slicer or even a mandolin to make very serviceable noodles.

Thanks! That's a great idea.

mlucas 04-11-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andie0606 (Post 4289436)
Does your coach closely monitor how much product you buy? Mine doesn't, so I switched to the EAS shakes. When I wrote that in my food journal, she said it "wasn't protocal" and that I couldn't have them. I still have them, I just write "shake" in my journal without specifying what brand. I guess what I'm suggesting is fudge if you have to. If you're like me, you've probably already spent a fortune on IP products. Buy just enough IP to stay in good with your coach and use alternatives for the rest if you can get away with it.

Yeah I think that is what i'm going to do. I dont think she does, she has asked me before if i had enough at home because I was not buying enough packets. But for some reason i have about 3 weeks of food! How and when I dont know lol So i did mention that i had more than enough at home so when I only spent about $60 today she didnt blink, even after my alternative question. I think i'll be good though, since i will be phasing into maintance in May for my vacation so at the end of the month.. so I'll going to start picking up on the alternatives and when i come back just play off the fact that i still have more than enough food at home :D i know its bad, but shoot... mama needs to save some money!

lowrider04 04-11-2012 04:26 PM

Just went to WI down another 4lbs this week. That makes 15.9 in three weeks of the program! 8" too! I haven't stopped smiling all day.

Ng951 04-11-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thurge (Post 4289141)
I had a huge NSV on Saturday! I have a 3 bedroom apartment with a large sun-room and a former girlfriend of mine needed a place to stay while she is looking for work. I have a bed setup in the sun-room but there was a lot of "stuff" in there cluttering the space (it looked like an episode of hoarders in there...) I got up Saturday morning and moved ALL of that stuff out and then moved her stuff in then I neatly stacked the stuff I moved out so I can sort it and either toss it out or put it in storage... 3 months ago when I started this diet that would have been impossible without help! So far I've lost ~75 lbs and while a lot of people here talk about getting to "Onederland" I'm looking forward to making it to "Twoterville!"

Great job :). It is amazing how much energy we have on this diet. Nancy from Cape Cod

Lynnie63 04-11-2012 04:38 PM

First weigh in tonight - I'm excited to see. I snuck a peek at my own scale, wish I hadn't becuse I dont know how many pounds the two differ.

So far I'm liking the food. She asked me to place my order my second day on program, so I didn't know what everything tasted like, I don't remember what I ordered.

I will post my weight loss tonight or tomorrow.

lowrider04 04-11-2012 04:42 PM

Lynnie63 I found mine differs by about 2lbs. I guess that's the differance between naked and fully clothed! :-) Plus I weighed in at first @ 7pm @ night and now I go in the morning.

Lynnie63 04-11-2012 04:48 PM

Thanks for that - I'm going home before my weigh in, so I'm going to weigh myself first and then see what their's says. I'll eat dinner after.

My first weigh in was at 2:30 in the afternoon, so there shouldn't be too much difference.

Thurge 04-11-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooselover (Post 4289457)
Boy do I need to stay off of the scale too!!! After a stall last Friday and being sick for over a week I am frustrated with my scale. Hasn't moved as much as I would like and it put me in a funk today. I will keep away from the scale until my weigh in on Friday morning. Not a good way to start off my day today :(

I went through a phase where I was a scale junkie (and to a small degree I still am.) At my work we have a scale for weighing packages that is rather accurate and can weigh upwards of 400 lbs. During each of my breaks and sometimes during lunch I'd go step on the scale. I think our receptionist hid it once because I was using it so much. LOL! Now I wait until the end of the day if I have time to get a feel for where I'm at.