3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 04/11/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/256698-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-04-11-12-a.html)

jt13 04-12-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellym1021 (Post 4289139)
Hi Jessica, trust me this diet gets EASIER and EASIER and eventually becomes a way of life!! I feel like I was in your shoes 9 short weeks ago and trust me if I can do this ANYONE CAN!! Just stay true to yourself and the program and follow the protocol 100%! No skipping anything and no cheating, just do it and it works and you WILL feel great!! The first week or two are the hardest!

And just a tip to prevent yourself from going crazy, STAY OFF THE SCALE!! Our bodies are changing and will go up and down throughout the day every day. In my opinon and I believe others here will agree with me, stick to weighing in once a week :)

Best of luck to you, you CAN do this!!! :goodluck:

thanks for the advise, but its just so hard for me to stay off the scale because im a need to know kind of person but i will try my best :smug:

jt13 04-12-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4289146)
Yup, what she said. :)

Remember too, it can take a few days to get into ketosis where the real fat burning happens so you're putting way too much pressure on yourself way too early!

Hang in there, don't torture yourself with daily weigh ins, stay OP, and you WILL see results! Look at me - 38lbs gone in 6 weeks. It really does work!

thanks the support really does help :smug:

jt13 04-12-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4289176)
Hey Jessica - I'm going in for WI#6 on Friday and just wanted to say 'Howdy' and STICK WITH IT! The first 3 days are the HARDEST...power through it - drink water, read the forums and ask advice - you will get support and ideas for making this an easy transition. Give yourself 3 weeks on this program, you will lose weight. It will be on your body's own scale though, but it will be lost and it will be a fat melting process.

I have days where I feel like nothing has changed, clothes feel the same - and then one day I wake up and feel lighter, leaner - and it is confirmed by the scale and the inches lost. You hear it referred to as 'the whoosh', and it is a phenomenon you will experience if you give yourself the chance. So don't be discouraged if you feel like too many days have gone by without progress...it will happen!
Don't quit on your worst day.

Great, thanks for the support, stuck to it today and will keep going for my own good :smug:

jt13 04-12-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie5 (Post 4289194)
Jessica, I hear you, but stick with this you will be surprised. This is my second week and weight does not come off me easily, so I was panicking the first week also. but after the fourth day and the cravings eased up, I relaxed stepped on the scale the next morning and big smile. 3 pounds gone! It may not seem like a lot, but as I said I don't lose easily and never 3 pounds in 3 days and a total of 4.4 pds in 1 week unheard of for me. This works!
So stick with it!

Thats good to hear, i will keep going and congrats on your success so far :smug:

DanafromAustin 04-12-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4289784)
I think I've made the decision to phase off for a while and then re-assess. I won't be completely going hog wild, I'm going to try giving calorie counting a whirl again.

There's just multiple reasons including stressed to the max [which is affecting my weight loss anyway], along with me being so tight with money that I'm basically struggling constantly, on top of remodeling our house [partially why struggling] & moving in the next month, along with Matt's health issues going on still, I've just had enough. I hope you all can understand.

I hope you all will still stand behind me, but this is just something I need right now. I promise I will still check in :)

I've come 63lbs and I WILL be back for more! I want to get down to 180 and then see where I want to go from there. But I think I just want some time "off" calorie counting to see how I feel.

Does that make me bad? I feel like I'm throwing in the towel :/ Maybe someone could try to talk to me about this? I really just need someone right now.

Ok here is my .02 cents. I understand you are under a lot of stress, but there are other options that would be better for you than calorie counting. I can see when under a lot of stress that following a strict diet can be hard, so why not just do something like the Paleo diet. There are no food amount limitations, and nothing special to buy. It's basically protein, veggies, fruit, nuts and some yogurt, to start with. This way you can continue to lose weight and keep your body healthy. Calorie counting would just allow you to introduce unhealthy carbs back into your life. Whatever you decide, I wish you lots of luck and please let us know how you're doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by takers (Post 4290024)
I have a quick question about the last protein of the day that we're to eat. At the orientation session that coach mentioned that it should be a drink or a yogurt. Is this a program requirement/suggestion or just a coach preference? I'm wondering if having a bar or bag of 'chips' would be allowed or not. Thanks!

Never heard of that before. I think that must be just your own coach's thing. My coach allows us to have anything for a night time snack other than a restricted product. I always have my bar for breakfast. She recommends that restricted products not be eaten for a snack before bedtime. I'm sure that has to do with the higher carb content.

lkp888 04-12-2012 01:23 AM

Thank you Pat! :).