Old 04-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Default What are your fastest and easiest veggies to make?

Right now, I've hit a veggie slump. Everything seems a little bit daunting to me this week, and I don't think I can chop one more vegetable.

What do you do that's fast and easy?

Normally, I don't think it all seems that bad, but right now...I dunno. I need a fresh vision for veggies!

For lunch today, I am eating a million stalks of celery because I just don't feel like putting out that much effort!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I buy a bunch of bags of chopped frozen broccoli and I make it for my work lunch the next day. I add 2 cups of the broccoli to a skillet along with 1 tsp EVOO and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Make sure the broccoli gets really tender and then I just stick it in some tupperware to take to work. At work I microwave it for about a minute, stopping halfway to stir it and thats it! Super easy veg to get in. Once it's cooked it really isnt much either!
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

One of the best tips I have is to buy your veggies and prep them all at once. For several days you'll have all the veggies you need - just grab and cook or grab and throw in a salad.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Everyday for lunch I dice a cucumber and add 1 tsp of olive oil and sea salt.. fast, easy & delish.. in fact I also had that for my dinner veg today.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I buy the frozen cauliflower, brocoli, asparagus and chopped green pepper and make soup out of it, in various combinations. If they are looking fresh, I'll get the pre-sliced mushrooms and throw them in too, or use them in a stir-fry. The bagged spinach is really handy to throw in a salad. Now that I'm in Phase 4, I'm really loving the brocoli slaw. I can just throw in a handful of that, and spinach onto a salad and I'm done. (There's some carrots in there tho.) Puree the soup with immersion blender, freeze portions and you've got an easy meal, to either add an IP soup to, or your meat.

I find the spice combos I vary really make a big difference and keep things interesting too.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I buy the frozen cauliflower, brocoli, asparagus and chopped green pepper and make soup out of it, in various combinations. If they are looking fresh, I'll get the pre-sliced mushrooms and throw them in too, or use them in a stir-fry. The bagged spinach is really handy to throw in a salad. Now that I'm in Phase 4, I'm really loving the brocoli slaw. I can just throw in a handful of that, and spinach onto a salad and I'm done. (There's some carrots in there tho.) Puree the soup with immersion blender, freeze portions and you've got an easy meal, to either add an IP soup to, or your meat.

I find the spice combos I vary really make a big difference and keep things interesting too.
I really like your homemade soup idea. Do you use salt free veg stock?

Are we allowed salt free veg or chicken stock?
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I really like your homemade soup idea. Do you use salt free veg stock?

Are we allowed salt free veg or chicken stock?
I was using them at first, but was told by my coach to stop because they had some carbs. Not alot, but I stopped. Sometimes I added a pinch of salt-free chicken buillion powder though. I just boiled them in water and since I kept the water to make the soup with, all the nutrients were still there.

I really like the Pacific mushroom stock as a base for lots of things. Am glad to start using it again.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #8  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5'4"

someone on this thread turned me onto celeriac. Just cut it on my mandolin, spray with my olive oil mister, garlic salt, paprika and put them on my microwave chip maker. If you don't have one, I've heard you can put them on a paper towel on a plate. 5 1/2 min. So yummy and different. Love the zucchini cooked with lemon and apple pie spice. Ate it today with a vanilla pudding with a little almond extract. Feels like dessert.
artflunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I live on oven roasted asparagus and those steam in the bag broccoli and cauliflower...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #10  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I live on oven roasted asparagus and those steam in the bag broccoli and cauliflower...
I was going to suggest the steam in bag for cauliflower and broccoli. So fast and easy.
momof2greatcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/168/150

Height: 5'8"

I have started making shakes out of the puddings and drinks by adding ice and spinach. You never taste the spinach, and is extremely filling. It's a great way to get the veggies in.
Blondeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #12  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

I have a bowl of raw baby spinach with olive oil, salt and pepper every single day. I love it and there is basically no prep.
3mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 179/142/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Right now, I've hit a veggie slump. Everything seems a little bit daunting to me this week, and I don't think I can chop one more vegetable.

What do you do that's fast and easy?

Normally, I don't think it all seems that bad, but right now...I dunno. I need a fresh vision for veggies!

For lunch today, I am eating a million stalks of celery because I just don't feel like putting out that much effort!
I usually get the bags of broccoli florets, and put my lunch or dinner portion in a steamer for 20 minutes. I do my lunch veggies the night before and take them to work in a tupperware container. Steamed Broccoli or Cauliflower go really well with the Chicken or Leek soup mixes. Steamed baby spinach goes well with the tomato basil soup.
Really easy and you get your whole meal in one bowl.
JmgInMd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Thanks for the simple suggestions, friends. I think I have been making things way too complicated, doing lots of the different cauliflower mashers, cauliflower breadsticks, roasting piles of different veggies, etc... I have a daughter doing this with me and another daughter who just loves to eat veggies, so everything I do is "times 3". Slicing a cuke sounds like a snap! Maybe I'll save the complicated things for a couple times a week, with the girls helping, of course!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #15  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I'm trying to convince friends on IP or other diets to do a veggie chopping party or rotation. A party would make it more fun to go veggie shopping then chop/prep for the whole week in a group. Or allow one person to do the work for all one week and then trade so you get a whole other week off.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote