3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Im New from Baton Rouge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/256519-im-new-baton-rouge.html)

kodak3 04-08-2012 09:27 PM

Im New from Baton Rouge

I started the Ideal Protein diet on April 5th. I just want to say this site really helped me get that kick in the butt i needed. Thanks Everyone!:)

wuv2bloved 04-09-2012 01:11 AM

Welcome! there are a LOT of BR people around here, maybe some will chime in!!....I am about an hour or so away in Gulfport!

SewingMomma 04-09-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kodak3 (Post 4285359)
I started the Ideal Protein diet on April 5th. I just want to say this site really helped me get that kick in the butt i needed. Thanks Everyone!:)

Welcome! I live in the Baton Rouge area. I hope your first week is going well.

Paint Lady 04-09-2012 09:59 AM

Welcome. I'm about an hour north of Baton Rouge.

cass2ander 04-12-2012 01:05 PM

hi! I started the same day : ) I am so pleased! I lost 8.4 woo hoo! I ate like a pig 3 days before starting the diet...so maybe that had something to do with it! lol.. Best of luck to you!

momof2greatcats 04-12-2012 01:19 PM

Welcome, folks!
kodak - glad you found this board to be of help! I actually found the board after I'd started... If I'd found it earlier I would have started earlier, but I'd never heard of IP until my friend talked about it in March.

Andie0606 04-12-2012 02:00 PM

I'm in BR!

Do you go to the Woman's Center for Wellness for your meetings? (Don't answer if you want to maintain anonymity.)

kristie924 04-12-2012 02:03 PM

I'm new from BR too! I started April 4th!

drbella98 04-12-2012 05:34 PM

I am also from Baton Rouge and started a week and a half ago. Lost 6.6 lb on the first week! Its a challenge for me because I travel alot for the job but I am finding ways around it. I go to dutchtown physical therapy for my weigh ins.:carrot:

theteacherspet 04-12-2012 06:36 PM

I'm from Baton Rouge as well. I started on 3/26 and have lost 11.6 in 2 weeks. I go to the Spice Center at the Bone and Joint Clinic.

mbw 04-13-2012 09:49 AM

Welcome! I work in Baton Rouge, but live in Denham! I started on March 26th and have lost 14 lbs and 8.25 inches!

jaymeskelt 04-27-2012 03:34 PM

I am from Baton Rouge (Central area) and signed up for IP today. I begin tomorrow. I am extremely nervous about the first four days as I have read horror stories. Any words of advice?

SewingMomma 04-27-2012 04:57 PM

The first four days are rough, but you can get through. I really didn't feel too bad and didn't have a headache. You just have to stick it out for the first week, and it's much easier after that.

jdsbarb 04-27-2012 05:39 PM

I'm not too far from you ladies. I'm in Slidell, la. Been on IP for 4 weeks now.

naysha6 04-27-2012 06:16 PM

Hey everyone! Im from BR also. Great to meet others on here from our area. We should do an IP meetup one day or something. This is my 4th week on IP and I've lost 14 lbs.

jenn04 04-27-2012 07:12 PM

I live in Walker.Welcome to the site

jaymeskelt 04-27-2012 09:48 PM

Thanks! I have everything ready to start first thing in the morning! Support is highly needed!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SewingMomma (Post 4310893)
The first four days are rough, but you can get through. I really didn't feel too bad and didn't have a headache. You just have to stick it out for the first week, and it's much easier after that.

jaymeskelt 04-27-2012 09:51 PM

Inspiring!! I hope to have the same results!

Quote:

Originally Posted by naysha6 (Post 4310979)
Hey everyone! Im from BR also. Great to meet others on here from our area. We should do an IP meetup one day or something. This is my 4th week on IP and I've lost 14 lbs.

wuv2bloved 04-27-2012 11:10 PM

I think all of us from MS (me..ha) and from La need to get together somewhere and meet!

lisab 04-27-2012 11:11 PM

hey! I'm in BR too! on my second week of IP. Let's do start a meet up! I weigh-in at Womans and asked them if they had a support group but they said no.

SewingMomma 04-27-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisab (Post 4311199)
hey! I'm in BR too! on my second week of IP. Let's do start a meet up! I weigh-in at Womans and asked them if they had a support group but they said no.

I go to Woman's too. I've been on ideal protein for 5 months. I love the folks at Woman's.

wuv2bloved 04-27-2012 11:21 PM

I sure wish y'all would be closer to me!!!!

kodak3 04-28-2012 12:20 AM

:) it's great to see so many people from here. I go to an office on government

angien03 04-28-2012 10:57 AM

I took am from Baton Rouge.. On week 2. Good Luck everybody! I go to Woman's also.

atho128 04-28-2012 11:14 AM

Woohoo BR! I'm original from lafayette, but am currently in BR for college. Just started, I'm on day 3, but other than having to take a nap in the afternoons from being so tired, it's not too bad so far!

Andie0606 04-28-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4311197)
I think all of us from MS (me..ha) and from La need to get together somewhere and meet!

I'd love to!

Volly 04-28-2012 05:23 PM

Hey all!I started IP three and a half weeks ago, and I live in Louisiana, too. I'm about 3 hours north of Baton Rouge, but I have to travel there usually once a month on business. At my last WI I had lost 14.4 pounds... I am loving the ease of this program, and I feel great!

jaymeskelt 04-29-2012 01:19 PM

Im on day 2 and struggling with the food packets. The shakes are good but so far ive had the tomato and basil soup and the potato packet which i lost my lunch on both of those packets. I know i'll get to select different packets next time but right now i have one of each. Please help if you have any ideas to keep the food down!

mylastdiet 04-29-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymeskelt (Post 4312746)
Im on day 2 and struggling with the food packets. The shakes are good but so far ive had the tomato and basil soup and the potato packet which i lost my lunch on both of those packets. I know i'll get to select different packets next time but right now i have one of each. Please help if you have any ideas to keep the food down!

So sorry jaymeskelt :hug: I am in Baton Rouge also, but my coach has me choosing individual packets the first few weeks, so that I won't end up purchasing a box of something I won't like. Personally, I like the potato. How about making it a little thinner than the directions (but not as thick as the soup directions) and mixing up some well seasoned vegetables with it? Mushrooms and finely chopped brocolli come to mind.

As far as the tomato basil soup, I haven't tried it. I have read here that others dislike it also, but someone posted a recipe on how to make it as a flat bread. This sounded like a nice option. Maybe sprinkle some oregano and italian spices in it first, and make yourself a veggie sandwich out of it?

Also, it wouldn't hurt to call and see if your coach allows returns? You might be surprised!

Hang in there!

jaymeskelt 04-29-2012 05:03 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. It's been a hard two days! I have a terrible cold too so nothing taste good (may be a good thing). They wouldn't let me choose my own they just gave me different selections and none are the same. I was starved so my husband made me a protein shake of his powder he gets from sams. The nutritional values were close to the IP. That's what's been keeping me going and I can keep those down.

SewingMomma 04-29-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymeskelt (Post 4312965)
Thanks for the suggestions. It's been a hard two days! I have a terrible cold too so nothing taste good (may be a good thing). They wouldn't let me choose my own they just gave me different selections and none are the same. I was starved so my husband made me a protein shake of his powder he gets from sams. The nutritional values were close to the IP. That's what's been keeping me going and I can keep those down.

I thought the tomato was gross too! I had it as part of my sampler the first week and that was it. In fact, I haven't bought any of the soups since that sample packet. I liked some enough, but I prefer the shakes, bars, puddings, and ready to drink items. Right now, my favorites are the carmel nut bar, the chocolate ready to drink or drink mix (I heat it up and make hot cocoa and even add some decaf Starbucks Via to it to make a mocha), and the cappuccino. I also love the mango RTD and the Vanilla RTD. The spaghetti and the chili are good, and I have packets of those that I throw in from time to time.

Adding some spices or veggies to the soup might make it more palatable.

Paint Lady 04-29-2012 08:19 PM

I found the soups to be absolutely disgusting. I never ordered those after trying them in the sampler pack. I'm game for a meet up! Wuv, when can you get this way? You HAVE to be included in our group, lol!

wuv2bloved 04-29-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paint Lady (Post 4313196)
I found the soups to be absolutely disgusting. I never ordered those after trying them in the sampler pack. I'm game for a meet up! Wuv, when can you get this way? You HAVE to be included in our group, lol!

I'll be passing through on Friday to go to mom's but y'all let me know and i'll make it!

jaymeskelt 04-30-2012 08:27 AM

Good to hear it's not just me. I'm not a soup person anyway. This morning I am having the oatmeal....actually pretty good! I did wake up with a headache today. It's day 3! I can't wait to get some energy back! Thanks for the support, Sewing Momma!

Paint Lady 04-30-2012 01:19 PM

I know I wouldn't be able to make it this weekend, I have my class reunion going on. But, if that works for everyone else, I'll catch the next one. So...what will we do? Isn't it a shame that my first thought was to meet somewhere to eat. Some habits are hard to break.
May 12th is Mother's Day weekend, so that's not a good date.
I don't live in BR, so if someone who does has any ideas, let them fly.

cajunladybug22 04-30-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paint Lady (Post 4313196)
I found the soups to be absolutely disgusting. I never ordered those after trying them in the sampler pack.

This was me too! I hated the soups and puddings. But I loved the cappuccino (would mix it into my coffee in the morning), chocolate and vanilla RTDs (those went into my coffee too), and the bars. Oh, and the omelette (with extra seasonings) and crispy cereal were great too. Check out some of the "fun with packets" ideas to switch things up. Like chocolate cake in a mug out of the chocolate drink mix. Or the pudding cakes. Or the crispy cereal pancakes.

Oh, and welcome! I'm from central La, but live in AR now for work. I miss home!!!

Andie0606 05-01-2012 03:45 PM

What about a coffee shop?

Geaux4it 05-01-2012 09:14 PM

I am from BR as well - go to a great office off Seigen - allows individual packets purchases and returns. Soups are much better if you thin them more than they say to. the chicken noodle soup is fantastic!! My favorites are the drinks - i can't handle any of the puddings. I am not doing restricteds anymore because my weight loss wasn't satisfying me. I am getting married in September so I have a goal - but hope to be at a good weight well before then. I have lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks! keep up the great work ladies and if you need a great place to go for your weigh-in, packet purchase and friendly help let me know.

Paint Lady 05-01-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andie0606 (Post 4316168)
What about a coffee shop?

Coffee shop is good for me! I'm an addict anyway!

jaymeskelt 05-02-2012 09:08 AM

Need help my Southern friends....today is day 5 for me. I was hoping to wake up with the refreshing and great feeling I have heard so many speak of but I woke up with another terrible headache. The only thing i have missed on my program is the last set of evening vitamins. I'm not sure if this is the cause but I need an easy fix. Also, i cant seem to focus well at work. Tips and Ideas?