3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Discouraged (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/256201-discouraged.html)

sabredawn10 04-03-2012 02:56 AM

Discouraged

Today was my second WI and I gained 1.5lbs and my measurements stayed the same. I only lost 2lbs last week. I have been 100% on plan. I am giving it one more week and am going to use the novilax to see if that is the problem-coach seems to think it is-and if I don't lose next week I will have no choice but to stop IP for I cannot afford something that isn't working.

darbs7 04-03-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabredawn10 (Post 4278387)
Today was my second WI and I gained 1.5lbs and my measurements stayed the same. I only lost 2lbs last week. I have been 100% on plan. I am giving it one more week and am going to use the novilax to see if that is the problem-coach seems to think it is-and if I don't lose next week I will have no choice but to stop IP for I cannot afford something that isn't working.

Based on what you've written it is hard to know the problem. How much weight do you have to lose (the less you have the harder it is)?

When you say 100%...what do you mean? Give your meal plan. Are you drinking water?

Sewmam 04-03-2012 06:35 AM

Don't give up! It's too soon to know what this program could do for you! So many people have trouble with the 'big C' on this diet. If the Novilax doesn't work, try psyllium (in Metamucil) or Benefiber everyday. Make sure you are drinking tons of water, getting all the packets, vegees and salt and oil. The water keeps the kidneys flushed and actually helps you to lose weight.

Hang in there! We've all been there!

Momto2cs 04-03-2012 11:10 AM

Did you weigh in at the same time, with the same clothes?
Sometimes these small changes can be big fluctuations.
Stick with it for a month. That is long enough to see if ip will work for you.

wuv2bloved 04-03-2012 11:50 AM

Answer the questions Darbs posted and give us a sample of your day menu and we will see what we can suggest for you. With all of us putting our heads together we can help you...Like Moms said give it a month, it really takes that long for your body to get adjusted to the foods. Don't give up

JellyMae87 04-03-2012 12:15 PM

Why dont you provide us with what you are eating... What is your Daily Menu??

edit: THis is what I get for taking a few calls in betweens posts... LOL

wuv2bloved 04-03-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyMae87 (Post 4278915)
Why dont you provide us with what you are eating... What is your Daily Menu??

edit: THis is what I get for taking a few calls in betweens posts... LOL

HAHAHA...its all good at least she can see we are ALL trying to help her be successful like the rest of us :)

sabredawn10 04-03-2012 04:06 PM

I am 166lbs 5'2" goal is anything below 140ish ddepends on how I look and feel.
Meals
B packet, coffee with sf syrup 1/2t cream, 2 glasses of water
L packet of soup,1/2 broth, 2c of broccoli, romaine hearts with apple cider vin,olive oli and spices,2glasses of water
S packet
D usually 5-7oz meat, 2c broccoli or cauliflower, romaine hearts with apple cider vinegar and olive oil and spices 2 glasses of water
I usually have a 24oz water bottle next to me and fill it up 3 or 4 times a day in addition to my 2 glasses at meals.
I am never hungry and fill bloated most of the time.

wuv2bloved 04-03-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabredawn10 (Post 4279295)
I am 166lbs 5'2" goal is anything below 140ish ddepends on how I look and feel.
Meals
B packet, coffee with sf syrup 1/2t cream, 2 glasses of water
L packet of soup,1/2 broth, 2c of broccoli, romaine hearts with apple cider vin,olive oli and spices,2glasses of water
S packet
D usually 5-7oz meat, 2c broccoli or cauliflower, romaine hearts with apple cider vinegar and olive oil and spices 2 glasses of water
I usually have a 24oz water bottle next to me and fill it up 3 or 4 times a day in addition to my 2 glasses at meals.
I am never hungry and fill bloated most of the time.

I would switch out different veggies, broccoli and cauliflower are 2 of the highest carb veggies we eat and sometimes cause bloating. Are you eating a restricted packet? What kinda of broth are you using? I would eat the upper amount of protein 8oz.

Paint Lady 04-03-2012 04:32 PM

Check your spices and make sure they don't contain sugar, salt, or MSG. MSG causes bloating, so I immediately thought of it. Also, check that you aren't having more than 1 restricted packet a day. I also see that you are having cream in your coffee. I'm not sure what kind of cream you are having, but according to IP, you are allowed 1 oz of skim milk. Non-dairy creamer isn't allowed at all. In reality, the 1/2 tsp cream (if it's half and half) shouldn't really be hurting you THAT much, but it's still not allowed.
Some veggies will cause bloating more than others. Switch your veggies up so you aren't eating the same thing all of the time. Broccoli and cauliflower are some of the worst in regards to bloating and gas. Please respond back so I know if I'm on target or need to do some more thinking for you.
Also, are you exercising? If you are, we need to rethink things a bit more.

sabredawn10 04-03-2012 04:39 PM

Not actively exercising but have an active job 2 nights a week. I use heavy whipping cream and the spices I uses doesn't have msg,sugar or any additives it is called 21 seasoning salute from trader joes. The first 2 weeks the coach supplied the packet and they had a restricted in it daily so for this week I got vanilla pudding, chocolate pudding and the broccoli soup. I was thinking about finding a lower carb veggie that I can stand to use instead of the broccoli and cauliflower.

Momto2cs 04-03-2012 04:42 PM

Asparagus is delicious, and helps eliminate water retention.
Give you body a couple weeks to adjust. It will work!

Paint Lady 04-03-2012 04:50 PM

I believe that the soups are higher in sodium than the other packets, so you may be retaining some fluids as well. Sometimes it takes a little longer for your body to respond to this diet. Sometimes, the body likes to hang on to fluid before finally letting it go. There are some active members here right now that had less than stellar WI's the first few weeks, but they kept at it, and their bodies are responding now. I hope they chime in here and share their experiences with you.
I would ditch the whipping cream, lots of fat in there, and use skim milk. I know it has no taste. I was/am a coffee addict. I wound up drinking my coffee black while in phases 1/2. I couldn't even taste the skim milk, so figured why bother.

Paint Lady 04-03-2012 04:51 PM

I love mushrooms, sauteed in a little olive oil, with butter buds, sea salt, and garlic. I also prepared asparagus, zucchini and okra that way.

sabredawn10 04-03-2012 04:59 PM

Thanks for all of your help! That is why I love this board! As far as the whipping cream it has less lactose the skim milk but I think I will use some of the vanilla pudding mix to cream my coffee and see if that does anything.