Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I still overdue the coffee... just got new flavors yesterday, choc peanut butter, choc mousse, tiramsu, and pumpkin pie... yep tried a cup of each...
those people that stay thin and eat whatever they want... are just mean..
LOL!!! Your coffee comment made me laugh! Can't believe you tried each one yesterday! Were you wired???

They say if you give something up you have to take something new on...for me it's been coffee! I only drank one cup of tea in the morning. Now I'm drinking coffee during the day, especially one cup after dinner. I just haven't gotten into tasty ones yet. Just basic black...what brand are all those tasty flavors?

You know...thin people who eat whatever they want probably have really high cholesterol and other bad blood work issues!!! hehehe...
Old 04-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #227  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
LOL!!! Your coffee comment made me laugh! Can't believe you tried each one yesterday! Were you wired???

They say if you give something up you have to take something new on...for me it's been coffee! I only drank one cup of tea in the morning. Now I'm drinking coffee during the day, especially one cup after dinner. I just haven't gotten into tasty ones yet. Just basic black...what brand are all those tasty flavors?

You know...thin people who eat whatever they want probably have really high cholesterol and other bad blood work issues!!! hehehe...
well I started with Keurig cups, then went to tweed and hickory, and gloria jean (though they don't send to canada) LOVE Gloria Jean cappacino, and now Grove something or others french vanilla caps taste just about like our Tim Hortons... Now the 4 lbs I bought and mentioned were from Nuts online... I was looking up some nut I had never heard of and selected that website and they had dessert coffees well that just did it. I also hear green mountain coffee has to die for flavors but they don't ship to canada either... still looking for the one Maile mentioned once with jalepeno and something...

Funny thing about coffee I have it just before I go to bed and fall asleep right away... anything hot at night puts me to sleep.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #228  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

2ride: I get my coffees from coffeeam.com..I am currently drinking orange -coconut, cream of apricot, and english toffee crunch. They also have the coconut jalapeno which is good..I have not tried any of the bacon coffees! I do not know if they ship to Canada. I may have to try Gloria Jean..I love my coffees!!!!!! They are my favorite part of the day. You sound like you are doing well in maintenance..chocolate and PB will always need watching as they taste so good.

New Englander: Glad you enjoyed your day! Yes, those packets are expensive. It is funny how foods you used to think you could not live without, no longer have the same appeal. However, last night I put some frozen cookies in the garbage disposal, because they had the same old trigger appeal.

Sewmam: I am going to try the cauliflower recipe today..In case you are interested the whole crust has 434 calories, 25 gm fat, 8 carbs, and 41 g protein.
Also you can make Cauliflower breadsticks.
Put the pizza dough in a 9 x 3 greased loaf pan. 1 and 1/2 inches deep. (not whole recipe) Press down and remove the the square of dough to a cookie sheet.
Greased) Then use a pizza cutter and slice strips. separate strips..sprinkle garlic salt and mozarella if desired..Bake 450 until the tops brown.

If one more person comes up to me and says are you still losing, I think I might scream! Then this lady had the nerve to argue with me when I told her that I was in 7 months of maintenance. Because I am wearing new clothes at work, people are once again focusing on me. Once again, I will just let them get used to the new me..80% of the people that i work with are overweight..

Last edited by Maile; 04-21-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #229  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
Cap--Thanks for your thoughtful words. I always feel like you're there for me! Wouldn't you know it, after whining on the board yesterday, today I felt no cravings, didn't feel deprived, and it was even a modified Phase 1 day (P1 + 2 snacks). I was so ok today that I wasn't even tempted by the huge bakery gift basket I received as a thank you from a colleague. Three loaves of bread, scones, cookies, cookie mix and jam! What kind of sassy lesson is the universe trying to teach me?! I didn't even consider having a bite. I gave some away and put most of it in the freezer. So now, after feeling so normal and in control today, what I would like is a little consistency. I wish I could figure out if my cravings are based on foods eaten, TOM, sleep, exercise?? I don't want to take that dreaded step of locking away the sugar monster (kudos to you, Pauley for considering it!). Prior to IP I was not a sugarholic. I was more of a salty snack or comfort food eater. Now that I've done two rounds of IP, I am much more tempted by sugar than I ever was before. Strange. Thanks for reading and hanging in there with me.

Coconut oil people Does coconut oil smell or taste like coconut? Also, does coconut flour smell or taste like coconut? I've been reading the great things about coconut oil and have seen a lot of recipes recently calling for coconut flour, but I have an aversion to coconut so I'm a little hesitant.
Lee. I hope things are going well with you. It is difficult to figure out where cravings come from..I know that when I am tired, is when things look tempting.
You sound like you feel more in control. I have locked that Sugar Monster in the closet!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #230  

Question

Question for you guys...I'm in maintenance and had my protein / fat lunch...I had a can of tuna with one tbsp of mayo and a slice of lf cheese...(nuked it in the microwave and it was a tuna melt w/o the bread). after I decided I wanted a Pure Protein chocolate bar...

The protein bar is high in protein and carbs. What is it counted as? The tuna is only 5 ounces so I was hoping to offset it with the bar. After the bar I was completely satisfied so I'm really hoping this is an okay combo...if not I'll rethink this lunch option...

Thank you!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Question for you guys...I'm in maintenance and had my protein / fat lunch...I had a can of tuna with one tbsp of mayo and a slice of lf cheese...(nuked it in the microwave and it was a tuna melt w/o the bread). after I decided I wanted a Pure Protein chocolate bar...

The protein bar is high in protein and carbs. What is it counted as? The tuna is only 5 ounces so I was hoping to offset it with the bar. After the bar I was completely satisfied so I'm really hoping this is an okay combo...if not I'll rethink this lunch option...

Thank you!
You don't want to combine the fat with alot of carbs at lunch, but how many carbs is too much, I don't know. IP is not specific about it. I know the carbs in vegees don't count, it's more like complex carbs in bread. I have IP bars for snacks, but that's usually late afternoon...

Gee, I"m not much help here...sorry!
Old 04-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #232  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
You don't want to combine the fat with alot of carbs at lunch, but how many carbs is too much, I don't know. IP is not specific about it. I know the carbs in vegees don't count, it's more like complex carbs in bread. I have IP bars for snacks, but that's usually late afternoon...

Gee, I"m not much help here...sorry!
Thanks! I'm being diligent and writing down everything I eat. I really hope my coach can analyze it and correct any problems she sees with it...

I skipped my carb for dinner (rice, potatoe etc). Will that cause problems if I do it on a regular basis? I had a grapefruit, which has tons of carbs and another protein bar...

It's amazing how many questions I have now that I'm in the thick of my first maintenance week...they really do just cut you lose to figure this all out!!! Sink or swim mentality...
Old 04-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #233  

Quote:
Thanks! I'm being diligent and writing down everything I eat. I really hope my coach can analyze it and correct any problems she sees with it...

I skipped my carb for dinner (rice, potatoe etc). Will that cause problems if I do it on a regular basis? I had a grapefruit, which has tons of carbs and another protein bar...

It's amazing how many questions I have now that I'm in the thick of my first maintenance week...they really do just cut you lose to figure this all out!!! Sink or swim mentality...
I don't think it matters if you skip a dinner complex carb. I've forgotten them a couple of times. Got everything else ready before realizing it, so I just skipped it. Some people have to forgo them completely because they just don't agree with them. As long as you get your minerals and nutrients from everything else, I would think you are fine.

I've started doing the meat once a day instead of both lunch and dinner. I found that with the complex carb at night, sometimes it's just too much to eat, and if I had to choose, I'd pick the vegees over the extra meat. As long as I get an adequate amount of protein everyday, my coach said I'm okay.

Good luck!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #234  

Quote:
I don't think it matters if you skip a dinner complex carb. I've forgotten them a couple of times. Got everything else ready before realizing it, so I just skipped it. Some people have to forgo them completely because they just don't agree with them. As long as you get your minerals and nutrients from everything else, I would think you are fine.

I've started doing the meat once a day instead of both lunch and dinner. I found that with the complex carb at night, sometimes it's just too much to eat, and if I had to choose, I'd pick the vegees over the extra meat. As long as I get an adequate amount of protein everyday, my coach said I'm okay.

Good luck!
If I could only have one meat a day and get my protein from something else that would make me a happy camper. I had a can of tuna for lunch and three pieces of deli turkey meat for dinner. I always find the first few days of a new Phase I'm completely at wits end in terms of what to make/eat. Fortunately I don't have children and my DH cooks for himself...

The grapefruit I had was delicious.

Like others I've been exhausted and have to figure out if it's the bread at breakfast or just the weather or just me!

Thanks for helping me figure this out!

Last edited by New Englander; 04-21-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #235  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi this is the first time I am posting in this thread. I am officially a maintainer! It is scary and exciting all at the same time. I don't want to gain my weight back....reading the posts here have helped ease some of my worries. sounds like a lot of folks had to experiment and find what works best for them. I look forward to reading and learning more and figuring out what will work for me.

anyhoo, just thought I would say hello! Glad there is such a great network to help me along with this journey.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:32 AM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
Hi this is the first time I am posting in this thread. I am officially a maintainer! It is scary and exciting all at the same time. I don't want to gain my weight back....reading the posts here have helped ease some of my worries. sounds like a lot of folks had to experiment and find what works best for them. I look forward to reading and learning more and figuring out what will work for me.

anyhoo, just thought I would say hello! Glad there is such a great network to help me along with this journey.
Sarah - if you can analyze the effects of nitrogen on our estuaries, you can do anything!!! I was really stressed at first to phase out, but the more I read here, and experiment and see how people find ways to do it, the more confident I become. It's great!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #237  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Sarah - if you can analyze the effects of nitrogen on our estuaries, you can do anything!!! I was really stressed at first to phase out, but the more I read here, and experiment and see how people find ways to do it, the more confident I become. It's great!
Thanks Sewmam! I will do my best and hopefully will become more confident!

I am heading to a good friend's bridal shower today. Luckily my friends have been supportive of me and my diet so they put me in charge of bringing a big salad. its nice knowing that I will be able to eat responsibly there and that I won't get slack about it.
I haven't had a cheat day yet and am contemplating if I can have a glass of wine. It has been soooooo long without one and I know I don't need it, but it would be a nice treat. I just don't want to get into the habit of always thinking bad choices are "nice treats". That's what got me here in the first place.

happy earth day everyone! Enjoy your day!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #238  

Quote:

I am heading to a good friend's bridal shower today. Luckily my friends have been supportive of me and my diet so they put me in charge of bringing a big salad. its nice knowing that I will be able to eat responsibly there and that I won't get slack about it.
I haven't had a cheat day yet and am contemplating if I can have a glass of wine. It has been soooooo long without one and I know I don't need it, but it would be a nice treat. I just don't want to get into the habit of always thinking bad choices are "nice treats". That's what got me here in the first place.

For what it's worth, I have discovered that now that I have 'permission' to eat everything, or have splurge days, I am not as obsessed with doing it. It will be okay when it happens, because I know how to deal with it the next day of Phase 1.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Sara I would definately have the glass of wine. In my case I would just have the one and savor it. I haven't had a sip in 7 months now and I know that first glass will hit me way stronger than it used to. But I don't think it would have a big impact on weight, it's the grain carbs that I have to be super careful of. I say go for it and see what happens.

Pat
Old 04-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #240  
Maile

HI Sara: Welcome to maintenance. Hope you have a good time at the wedding. Wine does affect you more when you are eating low carb..but it has not hurt me in maintenance.

New Englander: I have not eaten complex carbs every night and I have not had a problem. You can eat a meat substitute like tofu , soybeans or eggs if you are tired of meat. I also make things ahead so I have them..ie frozen turkey burgers.
I thought you could have fats with lunch..but he considers dairy a fat..ie your cheese then the mayo..plus how many carbs are in your protein bar? just experiment..with adding and eliminating foods.

Patns: How are you doing? Did you try your breakfast?

SewmamL How is your maintenance going?

I tried Dixie Carb counters Classic Carrot Muffin Mix: It was quite good. 1 net carb..no sugar..uses coconut..and 2 g fat and 114 calories..only thing it is low in protein..no wheat.
Closed Thread