3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/27/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/255691-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-3-27-12-a.html)

doyellow 03-27-2012 06:32 PM

Questions

Hello,

I am doing a month of nutrisystem, have lost 5 lbs in 10 days, but I think I am going to switch to Ideal protein when I am done. My sister is on it, and her weight loss is phenomenal~ I was hoping to get some feed back on the diet. I have read and seen some results on here, AMAZING!! getting my motivated and pumped!!

Thanks!
Bonnie

3sisters 03-27-2012 07:43 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere. Is there a way to see all of the answers/responses to your own post without going through every page of the thread to hunt for them? How do you know if someone comments on your message unless you go through all posts? Thanks for your help!

Iwanttolose 03-27-2012 07:44 PM

Shopping

I spent the day in a mall with my mother today shopping for clothes for her. It struck me while in a Reitmans that the next time I buys clothes I will no longer be in the +sizes. I started to actually look into regular clothing stores for the first time in ages.

I wonder how you all manage your wardrobe while losing weight. I feel like I shouldn't buy any clothes until I've reached my goal, but then I'd have nothing to wear in the meantime. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks!

wuv2bloved 03-27-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda1230 (Post 4269808)
hey everyone,

I have been on IP for almost 3 months now, and the last 3 days i have felt nauseous and dizzy when I stand up. I don't understand why all of a sudden since I haven't changed anything:?: . Tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like BP and electrolytes are low, add some salt to your day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4269861)
Hi I am using alternatives too but I have never heard of the bacon cheese omlet. Which company's products are you using?

A lot of people add veggies to the omlet packages. I used to add spinach.

I think as much as calories it is important that you get a good shot of protein in the morning. How much prorein is in the package you used?

Pat

This is why people get CONFUSED....IP does NOT have a bacon cheese omelet....some of the newbies would be TOTALLY CONFUSED!!Thanks for asking Pat

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3sisters (Post 4270019)
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere. Is there a way to see all of the answers/responses to your own post without going through every page of the thread to hunt for them? How do you know if someone comments on your message unless you go through all posts? Thanks for your help!

You can set it up to get an email when someone responds to you in your profile.

kellycg102 03-27-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4269094)
Morning, all! After a few weeks of beautiful summer like weather we're back to freezing here! Had to pull my winter coat out again. Not cool!

Tonight is WI number 4 and I'm nervous. I really want to hit my first goal (get under 300) and I need 3.5lbs to just squeak by, 4.5 to hit the 29 total pound mark. Gulp. I'm hoping it will be okay but I really need to stop getting on the scale at home 'cause it messes with my head! Gah. Fingers crossed!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Good luck on your WI, mine is number four this week and I know what you mean by digging out your winter coat.....Weather was awesome in Kingston for 2 weeks.......unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it returns very quickly....they were talking freezing rain tonight

SewingMomma 03-27-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwanttolose (Post 4270020)
I spent the day in a mall with my mother today shopping for clothes for her. It struck me while in a Reitmans that the next time I buys clothes I will no longer be in the +sizes. I started to actually look into regular clothing stores for the first time in ages.

I wonder how you all manage your wardrobe while losing weight. I feel like I shouldn't buy any clothes until I've reached my goal, but then I'd have nothing to wear in the meantime. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks!

I've gone from a size 20 to a 12 in 4 months, so I've had to buy pants. I can tolerate loose shirts, but it's a little bit embarrassing when your pants start falling off in public. LOL. A lot of folks on here shop consignment stores or good will. THere's also a clothing exchange on this forum. I haven't personally used it, but from what I've read, it works out pretty well.

I usually go to discount places like TJ Maxx or buy on super discounted sales (50% or more). Now that I'm out of the plus sizes, I find that I like clothes shopping more, and I do buy new things that are full price and fit well. I held on to my underwear the longest, but even those became too big and started falling off!

WingnutandMe 03-27-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanmary (Post 4269643)

Also, my coach doesn't measure body fat %. I think there are home scales that can... does anyone have a recommendation?

Mary

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendyquilts (Post 4269776)
Has anyone bought one of those home-use body fat evaluators? My clinic charges $15 per month to use their computer thingy after the first month, and the one for home use costs about $30 - we're not willing to pay $15 per month for two of us, but I would like to be sure we're losing fat and not muscle.

Strange you should ask. There was some conversations on this over the weekend. I guess I started it with a concern I had about possibly losing muscle instead of fat. That prompted some to mention many clinics have these weight loss scales/devices and then one person said they have one at home.

I spent some time yesterday searching and found one that measures body fat and body water, plus muscle mass and bone density. I have it on order. Then strangely this morning, when I mentioned this to a friend at work, she had one at her desk and brought it to me to try. I have not had time yet to read the information on it. I have already committed to report what I find.

wendyquilts 03-27-2012 08:48 PM

I'll be interested to hear what you think, Wingnut. I looked at one on Amazon and it got really good reviews. I think I'm going to go out on my own and use mostly alternative products pretty soon, and this is really the only thing I'm concerned about WRT not going back to the clinic. Fortunately I can still have my husband buy the white chocolate cinnamon bars for me, though. lol

Chloe222 03-27-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellerb82 (Post 4269873)
Hi! I use Proti-Diet from nashuanutrition.com. There is 15g of protein in the package I use. Thanks for the tip, I'll add some veggies to my omelet tomorrow :)

I also use Proti-Diet from Nashua but also buy some Proti-Thin (from Nashua). Proti-Thin's Cream of Vegetable soup is one of my favorites and Proti-Diet's plain pancake is an unrestricted in the IP world (check the nutritional info). Amazing. I love IP's broccoli cheese soup too. I use a lot of soup.

purple sky 03-27-2012 08:56 PM

Regarding muscle, my understanding is that as we gain weight we gain muscle to carry our extra weight. Some will lose muscle as they lose weight but that is sometimes because it is no longer need it.

Not sure if I made sense and I don't think this is true for everyone. Doc told this to my DH I guess to prepare him for possible muscle loss.

IP protects muscle. It was designed for athletes.

Chloe222 03-27-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4270088)
Strange you should ask. There was some conversations on this over the weekend. I guess I started it with a concern I had about possibly losing muscle instead of fat. That prompted some to mention many clinics have these weight loss scales/devices and then one person said they have one at home.

I spent some time yesterday searching and found one that measures body fat and body water, plus muscle mass and bone density. I have it on order. Then strangely this morning, when I mentioned this to a friend at work, she had one at her desk and brought it to me to try. I have not had time yet to read the information on it. I have already committed to report what I find.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say. One of the scales measures resting metabolism which is of interest to me. One of my doctors charges $75 to tell you what your resting metabolism is - and this scale costs $68, free S&H. (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Omron HBF-514C Full Body Composition Sensing Monitor and Scale

kellycg102 03-27-2012 09:05 PM

Great posts as usual, my day was ok, staying op, but felt a little munchy tonight, so I popped half a piece of gum and jump on here to help me out.....thank you all, seems to have worked. I got my ticker today, hope it works! Sleep tight all.

Joplingrl 03-27-2012 09:09 PM

Second day back op after spring break not going to weight till friday. Scared I packed on the pounds!

WingnutandMe 03-27-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloe222 (Post 4270137)
I look forward to hearing what you have to say. One of the scales measures resting metabolism which is of interest to me. One of my doctors charges $75 to tell you what your resting metabolism is - and this scale costs $68, free S&H. (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Omron HBF-514C Full Body Composition Sensing Monitor and Scale

Hi Chloe, I looked at that Omron scale, but it did not have the body water or muscle mass and bone density features that I want. I have lymphadema and have fluid problems with that condition, so I want to track water (though now I'm reading my condition may distort the readings). I am also in my 60s and interested in bone density. I liked the resting metabolism the you illustrated one has. Too bad, none of them have it all.

It appears they all work on the same principle, Bioelectric Impedance Analysis (BIA). It just all depends on what's programmed in them.

I will keep you all posted.
Molly

momof2greatcats 03-27-2012 09:26 PM

Hey everyone!
WI#3 for me today - 3 more pounds down! Yay! Total 14.5 over 2 1/2 weeks!! (first WI was after 3 1/2 days as I was going out of town, next was after 6 days more, now I'm on a better weekly schedule at my clinic).

Have a great evening!