3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Monday 3/26/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/255586-ip-daily-chat-monday-3-26-12-a.html)

Chloe222 03-26-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewmam (Post 4267629)
I sure will.

Sewmam,
THANK YOU!
Chloe

mrsdavis55 03-26-2012 12:44 PM

So, I am officially off program for the next week or so since I am going to Costa Rica for Spring Break.
My WI#8 put me at -27lbs total and I am thrilled. I went to Las Vegas this past weekend and from pictures I took, soooo many people complimented me. I cant see a huge difference, although my clothes make it obvious. I love that this is working and cannot wait to get back OP!!

wuv2bloved 03-26-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdavis55 (Post 4267957)
So, I am officially off program for the next week or so since I am going to Costa Rica for Spring Break.
My WI#8 put me at -27lbs total and I am thrilled. I went to Las Vegas this past weekend and from pictures I took, soooo many people complimented me. I cant see a huge difference, although my clothes make it obvious. I love that this is working and cannot wait to get back OP!!

Just a little advice, just because you are "off program" now, don't go haywire and eat like you are uncontrolled. Use the knowledge you have gained, you have worked hard for the 27lbs you have loss so far. I am not saying don't enjoy yourself, but know when you get back if you plan on getting back OP don't be disappointed with the gain you may have is all I am saying. Have a great time and take lots of PICS!!!

sassysi 03-26-2012 12:53 PM

This happened to me 2 weeks ago, My coach put me on phase 3 for 2 weeks, when I WI on Wednesday we will see if it kick started my body again and just how good of a kick it did....lol...I feel like I have loss but we will see. I did however jump on the Wii over the weekend and it said I had loss 3lbs so I am kinda anxious to see what Wednesday will bring me. I don't worry about the higher carbs and such, I just pick what ever veggies I want to eat and fix them. Don't be discouraged remember this is NOT forever, only temporary, you will be able to eat again. If you want to go out to eat and you can't figure out what to eat just get a salad with steak or chicken, its always what I fall back on. I enjoy my salads when I go out to eat, my son said I am going to turn into a head of lettuce soon....lol...You have choices, just be STRONG and make good decisions, use the knowledge you have learned from being OP. ONLY YOU can make the choices for yourself and it is YOU who brings your hand to your mouth with the food you put in it. You are successful so far and you will continue to be a success...BELIEVE in yourself![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the kind words and support, thats why i love this site and the people. I needed that :)
I am just so anal about staying to the exact total carbs for the day, that I dont venture out of my lower carb veggies much. On the occassion I do try to grab lunch with my hubby, that is what I do, just get a salad, most places seem willing to leave stuff off or add. I know its not worth it to cheat.

coffeebean 03-26-2012 01:04 PM

Thanks Lisa for telling me how to edit my weight on my tracker. I like your picture better this week, last week you looked kinda droopy. LOL...

wuv2bloved 03-26-2012 01:05 PM

This is how I look at it.....the people who have created the sheet for us to follow have done all of the test for us as to what works and what doesn't. They don't tell us NOT to eat this with that or to eat this and this to get faster results. They give you a list to choose from so that is what I do. The combination of ALL of the foods together must work because of all of the success that we all have. Its all figured out for us all we have to do is follow it, we have lots of choices to choose from so its NOT boring!!

GemIAm 03-26-2012 02:28 PM

Finally back home & on 3FC after my busy Disney vacation. I "fell off the wagon" for the last 3 of my six days at Disney, so Saturday and Sunday were rough, as I went back to 100% OP and got headaches/cravings etc. Did tons of walking though...so hopefully I did not gain. Happy Monday and it's great to see all the SVs and NSVs.

heycarrieann8 03-26-2012 02:54 PM

Happy Monday! Does anyone know if eating soy-based cheese substitute (like Veggie Shreds) is allowed OP? It's lactose free, and has 70 cal, 4g fat, 1g carbs, and 0 g of sugar (and 6 g of protein!). I thought about using it to jazz up salads? Its main ingredient is soy base, so I thought it might be like tofu nutritionally. Has anyone used this or heard not to?

Have a great OP Day! Let's start the week right!

evepet 03-26-2012 02:59 PM

Day 3

Thanks Lisa, for your response above. I'm getting that heavy-headed feeling again now, so will do the sea salt and water recommendation. I made sure to use sea salt on my lunch salad, but I probably need more.

BTW - love your new picture! :)

DanafromAustin 03-26-2012 03:00 PM

Before IP I only had high BP when I went to the doctor's office, also known as "white coat symdrome." LOL. Generally it's in the 120s. Since starting IP and having lost so much weight I've wondered how my BP is now because occasionally when I stand after sitting I get a little light headed. It's better now then it was in the early days of the diet, but still happens once in awhile. My husband just purchased a home BP kit for some medical reasons of his own and I took mine today. It's now 97 over 70 something. Big difference.

Today for lunch I'm having a green vanilla pudding shake for lunch. I've always hesitated before about adding spinach, even though I know it's not suppose to have any taste. Today I decided to be brave and try it. Sure enough no taste of spinach, but I did get my veggies in. Just a little strange to have a green shake, unless you are having a Shamrock shake of course. ;)

DanafromAustin 03-26-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heycarrieann8 (Post 4268181)
Happy Monday! Does anyone know if eating soy-based cheese substitute (like Veggie Shreds) is allowed OP? It's lactose free, and has 70 cal, 4g fat, 1g carbs, and 0 g of sugar (and 6 g of protein!). I thought about using it to jazz up salads? Its main ingredient is soy base, so I thought it might be like tofu nutritionally. Has anyone used this or heard not to?

Have a great OP Day! Let's start the week right!

My coach would say no because it's not 0/0/0.

slcrews 03-26-2012 03:51 PM

Sorry I haven't been on, been dealing with my daughter. She hasn't been feeling well for a couple of months. Blood work showed she has been anemic, and after every week of blood work, her white blood cells also have declined. So going back to Shands tomorrow morning in the Shands Ped hematologist/oncologist department.

Anyhow - I am down another 2.8 pounds this week. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I am in the ZONE. :cb: :cb: :cb:

lowrider04 03-26-2012 04:01 PM

Hi, a newby here! I just started the IP diet on Thursday of last week and I'm down 5.8lbs and still have 3 days before weigh-in...I love this diet!!!!!

thnknthin1 03-26-2012 04:06 PM

WI#7.....another 6lbs bites the dust!
:carrot:

omgzitsmiranda 03-26-2012 04:09 PM

Last night I tried on 16's just for "fun" and I was shocked when they came all the way up [last month i couldn't even get them up my butt.... lol] and they buttoned and zipped. Granted, I was BUSTING out of them [well, I felt like I was, I could bend over & everything; but they're basically tight like most people wear their pants, but I wear mine a little looser than most] so that's pretty awesome. My 20's are too big & I bought 18's today, so I'm pretty sure they'll fit if I can fit into some 16's lol. I can't remember the last time I wore a 16, maybe jr high? How sad lol. But awesome!