IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/20/12

You're on Page 3 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: WI #10 yesterday, I am in a slump! I averaged 5.83/wk until 2 weeks ago and I have only lost 4 lbs in two weeks! I know that both weeks I havent gotten my veggies in.....so this week I am eating them all everyday and having a large loss so I can see below 220's.
    Four pounds in two weeks isn't bad at all! Remember a loss is a loss. Know that you'll have better weeks than others...I try to go into my weigh in with low expectations so I'm not super bummed if I get a # lower than I expect. SMILE!!! You're doing great and will get to the new you in 2012!!!
  • Quote: Magic,
    You have a very pretty picture. It must be exciting to be so close to your goal, fitting into the size you want, looking trim. Are you planning to do anything different now that you're just about there? I know I wear more makeup and take time picking out pretty earrings and scarves because I feel better about myself.
    Thank you. I feel so much better and I look a good ten years younger. I did adjust my goal weight from 130-135 as I am happy with the way I look. I will be forty this year and this is the smallest I have been since I was pregnant with my 17 year old. YIKES. I did get a haircut last week. I've always kept my hair shoulder length or longer but I went super short this time. I love it and I have had so many positive comments about it. I'll have to update my picture later today. I'm not a big makeup wearer but I have been wearing ear rings and since I'm a stay at home mom, I tend to wear jeans and tees most of the time. I'm thinking of going out to buy a little black dress to wear on a date night with my hubby. I haven't seen him since Dec. 31 and he is coming home Thursday for a visit so I'm hoping he will be pleasantly surprised at the weight I've lost. Mostly, I'm just glad to be off the blood pressure meds and I'm so glad to have more energy to actually do things with my children. I'm worried about maintenance but I've come so far and I now know how to eat healthy and feel in my heart I'll be able to maintain.
  • Bell Peppers?
    Bell peppers 2x a week only or no restriction?
  • Quote: Bell peppers 2x a week only or no restriction?
    No restriction.
  • Quote: No restriction.
    Thanks, this is new right? Just wanting to make sure, my scale isn't moving as fast as I'd like and last time I did this only cooked green bell peppers were allowed. I eat them alot, making me nervous.

Also, does 2 cups of cucumber count for a veg if I can't get my hands on anything else?
  • supplements
    okay everybody, I need a slap on the wrist (or a kick in the butt)

I haven't taken my supplements AT ALL this week! they completely slip my mind. I need to staple them to my forehead or something....
    please tell me someone has a trick or tip to remember them
  • Quote: okay everybody, I need a slap on the wrist (or a kick in the butt)

I haven't taken my supplements AT ALL this week! they completely slip my mind. I need to staple them to my forehead or something....
    I bought a daily pill container one that has am and pm. I keep it on the kitchen counter where I prepare my meals. Works great!
  • Just weighed in and I lost another 5.6lbs and 3.25inches this week! That's a total of 17.2lbs in 8 weeks! Very excited
  • Quote: Thank you. I feel so much better and I look a good ten years younger. I did adjust my goal weight from 130-135 as I am happy with the way I look. I will be forty this year and this is the smallest I have been since I was pregnant with my 17 year old. YIKES. I did get a haircut last week. I've always kept my hair shoulder length or longer but I went super short this time. I love it and I have had so many positive comments about it. I'll have to update my picture later today. I'm not a big makeup wearer but I have been wearing ear rings and since I'm a stay at home mom, I tend to wear jeans and tees most of the time. I'm thinking of going out to buy a little black dress to wear on a date night with my hubby. I haven't seen him since Dec. 31 and he is coming home Thursday for a visit so I'm hoping he will be pleasantly surprised at the weight I've lost. Mostly, I'm just glad to be off the blood pressure meds and I'm so glad to have more energy to actually do things with my children. I'm worried about maintenance but I've come so far and I now know how to eat healthy and feel in my heart I'll be able to maintain.
    Magic,
    I'm excited for you - your hubby hasn't seen you in almost 3 months and you have this cute haircut and new, svelte shape, lots of energy and no BP meds! With all that going for you, you will have a fun date night!!

My husband is always around the house (retired) and so has seen me shrink very gradually on a daily basis, so he doesn't seem to notice the changes. I have to ask him if I look any better before I get a comment! But then he does say I'm "looking good". Love IP!
  • Quote: Thanks, this is new right? Just wanting to make sure, my scale isn't moving as fast as I'd like and last time I did this only cooked green bell peppers were allowed. I eat them alot, making me nervous.

Also, does 2 cups of cucumber count for a veg if I can't get my hands on anything else?
    There has been some talk about limiting red and yellow bell pepper but it doesn't restrict them on the sheet so I have them when I want. I typically buy the yellow, red and green and cut them and mix them and cook them together and haven't given any thought to the red, yellow vs red. I figure if they weren't allowed or were restricted our sheet would point it out. As for cucumbers I have them on occasion as my 2 cups but some people say their coaches say they are unlimited now but my coach hasn't told me that so I count them as my veggie.
  • Quote: Just weighed in and I lost another 5.6lbs and 3.25inches this week! That's a total of 17.2lbs in 8 weeks! Very excited
    Absolutely fab!!
  • Hi ladies! Crazy day around here but WI number 3 is tonight so I'm excited! Yay! Fingers crossed for good numbers. I've stayed OP which has been a challenge but any drop tonight will once again make it worthwhile.

And I have to go back and check but I think I might actually be able to get my siggy soon, too!
  • Quote: okay everybody, I need a slap on the wrist (or a kick in the butt)

Quote: I bought a daily pill container one that has am and pm. I keep it on the kitchen counter where I prepare my meals. Works great!
    I also use a pill container. It's large but I actually have to physically move it to the counter or coffee table, wherever I am eating because somehow I forget even though I keep it on the kitchen counter and it is large. It's the only thing that has worked for me. Moving it to where I eat my meal (because I can't pop them on an empty stomach) and focusing on them. Unfortunately, once I focus on one thing, another slides so I have been really good with supplements for a while now but my water intake slid. Also getting distracted and not always getting my afternoon veggies in. Used to do that once a week now sometimes it is twice or more. It's always something. The week I remember every single thing I will probably be on P3. LOL!

I find that any change in the schedule or routine throws things off. Eating in front of the t.v. vs. in the kitchen. Drinking coffee because I go back to my old ways which was to drink it while working, for hours staring at the computer, forgetting to drink water. Appts that go longer than I planned for, lunch practically turns into dinner.
  • Just double checking because I forget and hear conflicting things.

Which count towards our water intake? Once I dropped MIO, my water intake dropped.

Decaf/Herbal Tea - Water
    Regular Tea - Water???
    Decaf Coffee - Water??
    Regular Coffee - ???????
  • Thinspiration
    Quote: Just weighed in and I lost another 5.6lbs and 3.25inches this week! That's a total of 17.2lbs in 8 weeks! Very excited
    Whoot whoot- great job. You are my thinspiration!