Old 03-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/176.8/160

Height: 5'9

Default Daily Menu

This daily menu really helps me with breakfast ideas!!!! Thanks all!!!

BF: Water, vanilla shake w/ cinamonn
L: Leek soup beefed up with veggies
D: Big mac bowl w/ lots of lettuce
S: Pudding
Spercy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #2  

B- choc. Shake
L shake, roasted cauliflower/ broccoli
D- grill chicken breast in salad with lots of lettuce
S- pudding

Tibs is my first day. Please tell me if something is not right. I'm doing alternatives.
luckygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #3  
jmartyn

S/C/G: 259.2/220.6/145

Height: 5' 7"

B - Wildberry Yogurt Drink, Water, Herbal tea w/1 oz. skim milk & 1 splenda
S - IP Chocolate Covered Soy Puffs
L - IP Chicken Soup, Brussel Sprouts, Salad
D - Beef Stir Fry, loaded with vegetables, Salad

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!!!
jmartyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

During Phase 1, I did (mostly) the same thing...it was easy and still leaves room for creativity.

B - a drink with the premade vanilla shake and any of the drinks or puddings,
diluted with more water, on ice.
L - mushroom, chicken soup with 2 cups of vegees already boiled, spices,
etc. an occasional tomato soup with 2 tsp tomato paste to brighten the
flavor. I didn't like the leek soup on it's own but did find that it was
pretty good if mixed with the chicken soup, or making those zuchini
pancakes.
D - a BIG salad with 2 cups of vegees stir-fried in my 2 tsp oil, with the
protein on top, mostly chicken, fresh herbs added. I love adding spices
to the stir-fry like garam masala. Top with a WF dressing. The lettuce
has become a good substitute for the pasta or rice I would have used
before, and head or romaine lettuce stands up well. I'll keep doing this
forever...
S - at night, either the other half of the drink I made at breakfast, or a
bar, a premade chocolate drink.

Now I'm in Phase 2 and I make lots of soups with vegees, freeze the portions and just defrost that with the frozen portions of protein. It's delicious. I also started adding a second, smaller salad at lunch, with just fresh parsley or cilantro, spices and WF dressing on it.

I remember when I first started it, it was a lot of work to wrap my brain around what was allowed and what to make, every single meal. What helped me was to first clear out my kitchen and give everything I couldn't have to a friend; then I started buying the chicken or whatever protein was on sale, poach or roast it and freeze the meal portions. I used to cut up the vegees for every lunch and boil them, but it would have been easier to make the big pots of soup and freeze the portions like I do now.

The more routine you can make it, the easier it will be, not to mention quicker.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/176.8/160

Height: 5'9

I remember when I first started it, it was a lot of work to wrap my brain around what was allowed and what to make, every single meal. What helped me was to first clear out my kitchen and give everything I couldn't have to a friend; then I started buying the chicken or whatever protein was on sale, poach or roast it and freeze the meal portions. I used to cut up the vegees for every lunch and boil them, but it would have asier to make the big pots of soup and freeze the portions like I do now.

Thank you for this advice...Its exactly how i feel right now on IP...LOST but I feel its doable and i like it but I see it takes a lot of learning and new food ideas. I love coming on 3FC because there are so many ideas out there....THANK YOU
Spercy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/172/148

Height: 5'6

I have gotten obsessed with the routine of food prep and love it. I buttons of veggies- broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers, mushrooms, at least 5 heads of lettuce,Spinach, peppers, zucchini and cut and prep into containers for a week. I always looked at it week by week- I need 28 servings of 1 cup veggies. Then easy prep I'm morning. grab some spinach and mush in my eggs. Lunch salad with cucumbers and some peppers. Dinner cauliflower and broccoli. I always mix it up and the prep is so satisfying because it takes out the stress and time issue.
twolabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

B - One restricted with 3-4 cups of coffee. (My usuals are RTD choc or choc drink mix blended with crushed ice and sf flavorings; soy puffs (lemon, choc or pb); pb bars.
L - Huge salad with cut-up veggies & WF dressing. I sometimes add a protein.
S - RTD choc shake or choc drink mix
D - Regular dinner, watch the carbs.
S - RTD choc shake or choc drink mix

I live in the country and it's not always convenient to get to the store for fresh lettuce. This blogger has a great way to keep lettuce fresh for 6-7 days, using a vacuum pack device: www.salad-in-a-jar.com
samyswan is offline   Reply With Quote