Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 2/24/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-24-2012, 03:39 AM   #2  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Happy Friday Everyone! Hope you all have great weigh-in's and NSV's.

I am noticing more muscle. This has been suprising me for a while since I was never athletic. So I have convinced myself that I gained more muscle because my muscles had a lot of work to do flicking off all that extra fat.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Morning!
TGIF!!! I had weigh in #2 yesterday and down 4.8 lbs! Yippeee!

Last edited by Becky64; 02-24-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/181/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky64 View Post
Morning!
AWESOME

WI#1 -4.2, WI#2 -3.0

for every 5lbs lost
Old 02-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Good morning everyone! It's Friday!!! I am so ready for the weekend. I am thankful that I have been able to work 3 full days this week and 2 half days. It has made me very tired, but that is okay. I also have had my 2 scans this week and am anxious for the results. I will see my surgeon next Friday and my oncologist on March 5th.
Have a blessed day!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/181/145

Height: 5'5

Good Morning everyone. Its Friday , I'm staying on OP. Finally got to the point where I'm not hungry all the time.

WI#1 -4.2, WI#2 -3.0

for every 5lbs lost
Old 02-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #7  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Morning!

Way to go Becky!

Happy Friday everybody.

I am Still on plan 100% and I noticed yesterday that I do not have a single craving for sweets or breads or pasta. It is amazing, before IP that was most of my diet. That stuff would just call out to me.

Have a great day
Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #8  
started IP 2/6/12

S/C/G: 194/174/165

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday everyone. Not sure if there's a tread out there already but I just found out that I'm going to start working full time on Monday. (yay for $!) Any tips on how to make this work when you're in an office all day?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetUpOffaThatThing View Post
Happy Friday everyone. Not sure if there's a tread out there already but I just found out that I'm going to start working full time on Monday. (yay for $!) Any tips on how to make this work when you're in an office all day?
plan plan plan, not just for your lunches but for your dinners too! Sunday spend time chopping veggies, invest in some tupperware things and portion out your veggies (like stuff you'd put on your lunch salad) so that it's grab and go on work days. Let your co-workers know that you have "dietary restrictions" so they don't tempt you, or so they understand when you say "no thanks"
Old 02-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #10  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Getup- this plan is very easy to do while working. I find the soups (with veggies mixed in and made the night before) very satisfying. I also make a salad and add dressing before eating. My co-workers are jealous of my meals!

Yesterday I made the cereal pancake for breakfast. With butter spray and DaVinci blueberry syrup - delicious!
I made clam chowder for lunch using potato purée - a keeper! Had a business dinner and ordered the salad and roast beef with vegetables. Passed on wine, bread and dessert - with ease. Then had mix of choco and pb puffs for snack. I am loving this plan!
Wishing all a great OP day!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #11  

Good Morning everyone! It's been a crazy week here so far and the weekend is going to get crazier! We have Squirt International in town and it's insanity! 128 teams! The hockey madness starts at 11am for us today! Can't wait! I have my veggies and drinks all ready to go to hockey!

Had a great NSV yesterday. A GF I hadn't seen in a few weeks saw me at Squirt Olympics and wanted to know what I've been doing! Couldn't believe how great I looked!

SV this morning...down another 4lbs! I couldn't believe it that I weighed myself twice! 100% ALWAYS pays off!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

A little story for all you newbies out there who are wondering if this diet works. Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of when I started Ideal Protein.

February, 2011.
I was depressed... I was really heavy. I think I had weighed in at 208.5 in the doctor's office when I got my bloodwork done. When I first stepped on the scale at the IP doctor, I was both happy and ashamed to see 204.5...

A few weeks earlier, something had clicked and I was just done being fat. I remember thinking "I will do ANYTHING if it works..." A friend of mine had lost >40 lbs on IP. I remember being really nervous about the artificial sweeteners in the products but I just decided that I would have to put that out of my mind and deal with it.

February 25, 2011.
I was sick at the time, really sick. The IP doctor had even written me a prescription for antibiotics (my second round) and I was home feeling sorry for myself. I don't remember what I ate for breakfast that day, but I decided to try the soup for lunch because I was so weak I really didn't want to go to the effort of making myself lunch. I mixed up the chicken soup... put it in the microwave, and waited to be disappointed. I told myself that I would give this diet a week and then decide if I wanted to continue. The soup, however, was delicious. I looked in the fridge to see what I could make for dinner that was on the list. I had some broccoli and some green beans and so I mentally prepared to have a boring dinner later that day and went back to sleep.

I don't recall exactly what I ate for dinner that day. I do know that I steamed the veggies, ate my protein, and went back to bed. I mixed up a chocolate drink when I woke up later that night, and went back to sleep thinking that I could probably survive on the chocolate drink by itself if nothing else was worth eating.

The second day, I made the omelet for breakfast. It wasn't too bad. I then had the leek soup for lunch and made myself a salad. I was still so sick I thought the food tasted good because there was something wrong with my tastebuds. I ventured out and bought a few steaks to throw on the grill. That night, we grilled steak, asparagus, mushrooms, and red peppers. I thought, if I can eat like this every night, I can definitely do this diet.

I had some headaches and crankiness the first few days. After that, it was like a fog lifted and I felt free... I think it's the combination of the ketones and the body being free of carbs, but I felt a kind of high. I'm sure the antibiotics starting to work didn't hurt either. I felt better than I had felt in years.

One week after I started, I went back to my coach. I stepped on the scale and had lost 6.5lbs, putting me under 200 for the first time in a long time.

I was hooked. I continued to tell myself that I would take things one week at a time. I went into my "diet bubble" and just focused. I made shopping lists and searched for recipes to make things more interesting. One week at a time... One week at a time.

February, 2012.
Fast forward to now... I've been at/around my goal weight since Sept 16th. I eat better than I ever thought I would, weigh about 60lbs less than I used to, am completely happy (off all medications!), exercise three times per week (pilates).

My husband has lost 20lbs just because I feed him differently. We removed most of the sugar from my 4-yr old's diet, and he barely ever drinks apple juice anymore. He concentrates better, has fewer tantrums, and is generally a happier kid.

I'm currently experimenting with wheat elimination as it seems to cause weight gain and difficulty losing weight after my cheat day. I'm more in tune with my body than I've ever been.

So, for those newbies here... Take it one week at a time. The days may drag by, but the months and the years fly... And, keep in mind my favorite saying... "Planning takes the scary out of everything."

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 02-24-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #13  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Quote:
Morning!
Congrats!!!

Happy Friday to Everyone!! Hope you all have a wonderful OP day!!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Way to go Becky!

Happy Friday everybody.

I am Still on plan 100% and I noticed yesterday that I do not have a single craving for sweets or breads or pasta. It is amazing, before IP that was most of my diet. That stuff would just call out to me.

Have a great day
Wow! That's fantastic! Gives me great hope for my first couple WI as I am only day 3
Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
A little story for all you newbies out there who are wondering if this diet works. Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of when I started Ideal Protein.

February, 2011.
I was depressed... I was really heavy. I think I had weighed in at 208.5 in the doctor's office when I got my bloodwork done. When I first stepped on the scale at the IP doctor, I was both happy and ashamed to see 204.5...

A few weeks earlier, something had clicked and I was just done being fat. I remember thinking "I will do ANYTHING if it works..." A friend of mine had lost >40 lbs on IP. I remember being really nervous about the artificial sweeteners in the products but I just decided that I would have to put that out of my mind and deal with it.

February 25, 2011.
I was sick at the time, really sick. The IP doctor had even written me a prescription for antibiotics (my second round) and I was home feeling sorry for myself. I don't remember what I ate for breakfast that day, but I decided to try the soup for lunch because I was so weak I really didn't want to go to the effort of making myself lunch. I mixed up the chicken soup... put it in the microwave, and waited to be disappointed. I told myself that I would give this diet a week and then decide if I wanted to continue. The soup, however, was delicious. I looked in the fridge to see what I could make for dinner that was on the list. I had some broccoli and some green beans and so I mentally prepared to have a boring dinner later that day and went back to sleep.

I don't recall exactly what I ate for dinner that day. I do know that I steamed the veggies, ate my protein, and went back to bed. I mixed up a chocolate drink when I woke up later that night, and went back to sleep thinking that I could probably survive on the chocolate drink by itself if nothing else was worth eating.

The second day, I made the omelet for breakfast. It wasn't too bad. I then had the leek soup for lunch and made myself a salad. I was still so sick I thought the food tasted good because there was something wrong with my tastebuds. I ventured out and bought a few steaks to throw on the grill. That night, we grilled steak, asparagus, mushrooms, and red peppers. I thought, if I can eat like this every night, I can definitely do this diet.

I had some headaches and crankiness the first few days. After that, it was like a fog lifted and I felt free... I think it's the combination of the ketones and the body being free of carbs, but I felt a kind of high. I'm sure the antibiotics starting to work didn't hurt either. I felt better than I had felt in years.

One week after I started, I went back to my coach. I stepped on the scale and had lost 6.5lbs, putting me under 200 for the first time in a long time.

I was hooked. I continued to tell myself that I would take things one week at a time. I went into my "diet bubble" and just focused. I made shopping lists and searched for recipes to make things more interesting. One week at a time... One week at a time.

February, 2012.
Fast forward to now... I've been at/around my goal weight since Sept 16th. I eat better than I ever thought I would, weigh about 60lbs less than I used to, am completely happy (off all medications!), exercise three times per week (pilates).

My husband has lost 20lbs just because I feed him differently. We removed most of the sugar from my 4-yr old's diet, and he barely ever drinks apple juice anymore. He concentrates better, has fewer tantrums, and is generally a happier kid.

I'm currently experimenting with wheat elimination as it seems to cause weight gain and difficulty losing weight after my cheat day. I'm more in tune with my body than I've ever been.

So, for those newbies here... Take it one week at a time. The days may drag by, but the months and the years fly... And, keep in mind my favorite saying... "Planning takes the scary out of everything."
Thanks so much for sharing this! It is inspiring to hear other's success on the plan. I still have a ways to go, but I've been on the plan for 5 weeks, and I've lost 30 pounds. I've dropped 2 sizes. My knees no longer hurt. I don't have the bladder issues I had that I blamed on 2 10 pound babies. I have gone off my antidepressants, and I fell happier than I did when I was on them. This plan is LIFE CHANGING for sure. Food no longer controls my life in a negative way. The stuff that used to appeal to me no longer interests me. I'll take a cucumber over a bowl full of chips, or celery over popcorn any day because I KNOW in the end I feel MUCH better eating food that's not only good, but good for me. I firmly believe this is a lifestyle change that I have committed myself to (as any diet should be). Newbies...you CAN do it....and you will feel amazing, too!
Closed Thread