IP Daily Chat Monday 1/30/12

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • dizziness?
    Hello Ipeeps! I have my fifth weigh in tomorrow. I have been experiencing some dizziness yesterday and today. Does anyone know what causes that and the remedy? Is it blood pressure? sodium? I tried eating some extra salt to see if that helped.

Any advice would be welcomed Thanks! Alicia
  • Quote: Hey Guys and Gals

Hope your having a amazing OP IP Monday!!!

Day 5 for me and I more or less feel back to normal! No headaches, No weak feeling, and not hungry - a colleague even gave me some hungarian candy this am, and i took it (not to be rude) and placed it in my draw and forgotten about it!! Normally i would have eaten it in a heartbeat, then asked for seconds!

Have my first official WI tomorrow, 6 days rather than 7 though, and fingers crossed for a good result!!!

Cheers/S...
    Day 5 here too and I also feel great today! Lunch room was full of temptations today and I just did not even feel like I wanted that stuff
  • Quote: Hello Ipeeps! I have my fifth weigh in tomorrow. I have been experiencing some dizziness yesterday and today. Does anyone know what causes that and the remedy? Is it blood pressure? sodium? I tried eating some extra salt to see if that helped.

Any advice would be welcomed Thanks! Alicia
    I do the salt trick when I'm feeling dizzy and most times it works within 30 min. Hope it works for you too.
  • Day Five and MAN I feel Alive! (cheesey yes, but I do feel great!!)

I did not exspect to have this kind of energy on day 5 and I have not had an official WI yet but I was down 6.5 pounds this morning. I feel like I have some cravings here and there and I drink a glass of water and brush my teeth and cravings gone I'm still OP and I'm really gaining confidence that I will be able to to stick to this till my 100 pounds it gone!

You all are so encouraging and such a great support! Have a wonderful rest of your day!
  • Has anyone heard of Zevia? Please forgive me if thas has been asked already, especially by me! I saw it online and meant to ask the IPeeps about it and can't remember if I did or not. Anyway, it is a zero calories soda made with Stevia. The caffeine free cola has o calories, o fat, 20 mg sodium, o sugar and 7g of carbs. I'm not thinking of drinking it now, I just thought it may be a good alternative once I am on maintenance.
  • Feeling really gassy the last few days. Sorry to be so explicit but I feel like a big balloon. The past two weeks I have been stalled on the weight loss. One day I am down 2 lbs the next day I am back up the same two pounds. Its been so bizzare but on top of that I have this problem. Feel bloated. TOM is nowhere in sight. Have other people experienced this before
  • A big WooHoo for all the great weigh-ins today! I had one too - lost 7.2lbs in my first week. I could not be happier! Thanks so much for all the great info you guys share on a daily basis. It has been a ton of help.
  • Quote: Has anyone heard of Zevia? Please forgive me if thas has been asked already, especially by me! I saw it online and meant to ask the IPeeps about it and can't remember if I did or not. Anyway, it is a zero calories soda made with Stevia. The caffeine free cola has o calories, o fat, 20 mg sodium, o sugar and 7g of carbs. I'm not thinking of drinking it now, I just thought it may be a good alternative once I am on maintenance.
    It's really good! I like it way better than regular soda. They sold it at our health food store in TX and we thought it was a good idea to try it. It's a bit expensive, but worth it in my opinion.
  • Quote: Feeling really gassy the last few days. Sorry to be so explicit but I feel like a big balloon. The past two weeks I have been stalled on the weight loss. One day I am down 2 lbs the next day I am back up the same two pounds. Its been so bizzare but on top of that I have this problem. Feel bloated. TOM is nowhere in sight. Have other people experienced this before
    Yes. Sometimes different veggis do this to me. I just try to keep flushing it out with water...
  • Cauliflower is pretty moist, do they stay together as "sticks" per say? And it was good? I really enjoy cauliflower rice, so I imagine it too would be good. And then you counted the cauliflower and egg?
  • On Phase 4 it says to have 7 ounces of carbs in the evening. Does anyone have any idea how many grams that is?
  • Miracle Noodles
    I tried the Miracle Noodles with the spaghetti packet and it was pretty good. I rinsed them really good, patted them dry then sauted them in olive oil and garlic then poured my spaghetti on top. It was kinda yummy.
  • Way to go on the weigh ins! I am excited about my not so taco- taco salad for dinner. No cheese or chips or tomatoes, but the meat is seasoned! Oh well. I had it two weeks ago and it was great. Going to put halapenos on it this time! Happy healthy dinners everyone!
  • Quote: Hi everyone, I had a very exciting weigh in on Saturday. I lost 8.2 lbs in 2 wks! A total of 14.8 since Jan 2. woo hoo!
    I forgot to ask my coach though if Edamame is allowed. I absolutely love it and i've been eating it like crazy. Does anyone know if its allowed? Have a great day everyone.
    Way to go!!

On the Edamame, it depends. My coach allows it, but it counts as protein, not as a vegetable. I've split an order twice when I went out to sushi with friends because I know I wasn't getting my 8oz protein in the fish. I would be cautious about eating it like crazy because it does contain a high number of carbs, especially if you're eating it as your only protein and consuming a restricted in the same day. Plus all the salt I put on it always made me retain water the next day. Hope this helps!!
  • Today was my first wi. I lost 7.5 lb(3.5 fat) and 2.5 in. I am very excited but also a little worried that I might not be able to keep losing at this pace.