Old 04-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Jelly, I was wondering about Bella too.
She did check in on the alternative thread a while ago. She was doing well maintaining but wanted to get some more weight off. But she hasn't been posting in quite awhile. Or maybe just not in the theads I am reading.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #287  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
This is my third attempt on what to write and I'm still having trouble putting it into words. This is how I look at my weight........I know 150 is probably on the high side for my height. That's ok with me. Will I be perfect? No. Will I still have a belly? Yes. Will I be comfortable wearing a 10. You betcha. Will I still be over 50 with wrinkles? Yeppers. Do I plan on wearing a sign around my neck saying I weigh 150. Nope. It doesn't matter what the number is. If it's better than it was before I started, I'm happy. It is so hard to be happy with our bodies. I always thought I would be a face lift when all my weight is gone. But now I'm changing my mind. I'm older and thank goodness I'm alive and have good health. A wrinkle or two or a pound or two doesn't make the person I am or who we are. I used to wake up and the first thing that was on my mind was my weight. No longer. We can be happy for many things. Weight doesn't have to control us. There's way to many other things that are far more important.

I think we all deserve a round of applause, and a hug. Cheers to all of us and may we all find the perfect balance in our lives. I know we can. Everyone take care and put a smile on. They always fit.

Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
That is incredible!!!The earth science award I mean. WTG!!!

I'm a fellow educator so realize what an accomplishment this is.
I also realize you have to totally love what you are doing to accomplish so much.

I also have to add that even before I read your comment about being more that the scale tells us I was looking at your stats and thinking what a realistic goal you have.

We are far healthier being a few sizes bigger than model thin.
I wish I had a "like" button here.

My original goal was 175 and when I reached it....I felt great and the size 8's were loose and I thought why not another 15 and I went for it and got it. Got to the size 6....maintained for 8 months and then slowly ended up back in size 8's the last 2 months, but I love my beautiful curvy 8. It is easier for me to maintain the 165ish range. Plus....like I said...look at my before picture...and my after....that is awesome to have that before...BEHIND ME!
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #288  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi All, Just poking in. I'm maintaining, or at least that is how my clothes feel, and not yet motivated to lose more. There will come a time, but there are so many other things I need to focus on right now. I have a busy couple of weeks coming up with our state square dance convention, a retreat I'm leading and then my daughter's bridal shower.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. It was great to have the whole family here for dinner.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 187.4/ticker/145

Height: 5'10"

Hi all...this is the end of week 1 of OP, for the second time around, no cheat at all and pray that it stays that way until the end this time. I logged everything this week, makes a difference. I have been using all alternative packets with IP program. Doing it on my own this time and a friend that is on IP and you guys!! Have not gotten the hang of how to use this site very good...hope that changes also. Any ways, sorry tooting my own horn...but I'm down 13 #'s. I know it was 1st week and 1st week is the biggest loss but I'm really happy. I told my fiend about it, I was a little dissapointed on her encouragement for me, all she had to say was that she stayed on track also. But I wont let that get me down. Do most of you 2nd time around check back on this post or check back on daily post, or both? TTYL

Last edited by natalie70; 04-16-2012 at 10:35 AM.
natalie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #290  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Pat... Have you seen BellaMack lately!! I was curious how she was doing...

Remember my short conversation with you a few weeks ago about my daughter.....? she started IP yesterday...I am thrilled to say the least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie70 View Post
Hi all...this is the end of week 1 of OP, for the second time around, no cheat at all and pray that it stays that way until the end this time. I logged everything this week, makes a difference. I have been using all alternative packets with IP program. Doing it on my own this time and a friend that is on IP and you guys!! Have not gotten the hang of how to use this site very good...hope that changes also. Any ways, sorry tooting my own horn...but I'm down 13 #'s. I know it was 1st week and 1st week is the biggest loss but I'm really happy. I told my fiend about it, I was a little dissapointed on her encouragement for me, all she had to say was that she stayed on track also. But I wont let that get me down. Do most of you 2nd time around check back on this post or check back on daily post, or both? TTYL
Hello, I lost 85 pounds on IP and kept it off for 8months...went up about 11 pounds in the last few months...still up about 6 of that. I am going for six straight weeks of phase 1. Hoping to drop those 6 and maybe another 15. I was thrilled to get to a size 8, but I am going to try for a size 6. I would love to check in daily. Good luck.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 187.4/ticker/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Remember my short conversation with you a few weeks ago about my daughter.....? she started IP yesterday...I am thrilled to say the least!

Hello, I lost 85 pounds on IP and kept it off for 8months...went up about 11 pounds in the last few months...still up about 6 of that. I am going for six straight weeks of phase 1. Hoping to drop those 6 and maybe another 15. I was thrilled to get to a size 8, but I am going to try for a size 6. I would love to check in daily. Good luck.
Those pounds come back way to easy. Did you complete phase 4 prior to the 11 coming back. I never did get out of phase 1, January was a rough month for me which lead to February then March. I am so mad that I waited so long to finally give it a try. But I feel that for some reason I wasn't ready?? I am determined know. I never really talked to my husband about how I felt last time. This time I have told him how important it is to me, being open about it will help get through it. I look forward to the daily check in's to come!!
natalie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #292  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
WOW! 13 Pounds in one week! That is AWESOME! I like the idea of logging everything you eat. Today I bought two small dry erase boards that I'm keeping on the kitchen counter. One for my daily food intake and the other will have my pounds till goal. I am shooting for small goals instead of my ideal weight for now. Small goals of under a 5 pound mark. Like under 165, under 160. I think small goals will help me stay focused. I also have two jars of marbles. Moving the marbles to the loss jar helps me visualize where I'm at and where I want to go. Believe me, I'll try anything to keep me going.

I had a bad weekend for some crazy weekend. Fell off plan and this morning I felt like crap. Jumped right back on program and I feel so much better already. Those carbs really get to me now. Another lesson learned.

I read this when ever someone posts but I don't usually post everyday.

Has anyone seen Linden? Sure do miss her around here and a few others.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #293  
Second time around

Had to do a drive by here.....tonight I fixed a lean piece of beef in the crock pot. It cooked all day and was nice and tender. For my husband I made mashed potatoes so he could have an old fashioned hot beef sandwich with the gravy poured over the top. I felt cheated.....came up with a solution. I made myself a sandwich with lettuce leafs. Plopped some mustard on it and a few peppers and didn't feel cheated. No gravy of course but it did satisfy me. I had heard others talk about making a sandwich with lettuce but never had tried it. Will do it again. Now out with my dogs for a second short walk.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #294  

Quote:
Those pounds come back way to easy. Did you complete phase 4 prior to the 11 coming back. I never did get out of phase 1, January was a rough month for me which lead to February then March. I am so mad that I waited so long to finally give it a try. But I feel that for some reason I wasn't ready?? I am determined know. I never really talked to my husband about how I felt last time. This time I have told him how important it is to me, being open about it will help get through it. I look forward to the daily check in's to come!!

Yes, I was 10 pounds below my original goal and 2 sizes below my goal...went through phase 2, 3, and stayed on phase 4 for 8 months straight. I am up about 6 pounds right now, but not bad considering that is less than 10% of what I lost. I am just thinking now that I would like to be between a size 4 and a size 6 so thinking I will go for the 6 I am up and another 10 or so. I will be very focused so plan on chatting daily if you need the support.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #295  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Had to do a drive by here.....tonight I fixed a lean piece of beef in the crock pot. It cooked all day and was nice and tender. For my husband I made mashed potatoes so he could have an old fashioned hot beef sandwich with the gravy poured over the top. I felt cheated.....came up with a solution. I made myself a sandwich with lettuce leafs. Plopped some mustard on it and a few peppers and didn't feel cheated. No gravy of course but it did satisfy me. I had heard others talk about making a sandwich with lettuce but never had tried it. Will do it again. Now out with my dogs for a second short walk.
Have you made mashed cauliflower...taste just like mashed potatoes....I through it in the blender with a little bit of cream and chicken broth. Through on the sea salt and a pat of butter (no carbs and once and awhile won't kill ya...especially if you have no oil with dinner).
Old 04-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #296  
Second time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Have you made mashed cauliflower...taste just like mashed potatoes....I through it in the blender with a little bit of cream and chicken broth. Through on the sea salt and a pat of butter (no carbs and once and awhile won't kill ya...especially if you have no oil with dinner).
I haven't had cauliflower for awhile. I think I over did it and got tired of it. I'll have to buy some next shopping trip. Asparagus is up and it is really good now. The morel mushrooms are just starting to pop here but I have to have them dipped in beaten egg, rolled in cracker crumbs and fried in real butter......oh man, that's what got me in trouble this past weekend. Had my fix for the year so I'll pass on anymore for a whole year. They could be cooked in olive oil but they just don't taste the same. I love going to the timber looking for them too.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I have cooked my mushrooms in a little butter my entire time on ip. I think a small amount of extra fat helps.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #298  
Second time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I have cooked my mushrooms in a little butter my entire time on ip. I think a small amount of extra fat helps.
I wonder if we could use any of the packets to "bread" them with? I'll have to think about that. Maybe the mashed potatoes? Would hate to ruin a good mushroom though.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Yeah...the potatoes are different...I thought I would like them more.
I keep meaning to try them as gnocchi. That recipe sounded good...
I don't like them as soup, and I like most of the soups. Maybe with cheddar and bacon, but that would be going overboard
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #300  
Second time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Yeah...the potatoes are different...I thought I would like them more.
I keep meaning to try them as gnocchi. That recipe sounded good...
I don't like them as soup, and I like most of the soups. Maybe with cheddar and bacon, but that would be going overboard

I tried a potato pancake fried in Olive oil and couldn't eat it.....tried my best but just couldn't finish it...