3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Saturday 1/14 - Sunday 1/15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/250502-ip-weekend-chat-saturday-1-14-sunday-1-15-a.html)

Renewing Myself 01-15-2012 02:32 PM

Happy Sunday everyone, this is day 4 for me and I woke up feeling pretty good. Not totally full of energy but much more than I have had the previous three days.

I have a couple of questions: does the water I put in with my drinks or puddings count for my water consumption for the day?

Also the 2 cups of veggies, that can just be 2 cups of lettuce if that is what I want for that meal? I have been having a hard time getting in the 2 cups of veggies at supper meal. 8 oz of meat his huge portion and then 2 cups of veggies :dizzy: I had rutabaga and cauliflower last night with 8 oz of chicken breast meat and I cannot eat it all, I would do better with just a salad and chicken.

Also my daughter and I went to the mall yesterday and I sat and watched her eat a A & W Momma burger and onion rings! I had a large mint tea and my snack and was just fine. Yeah me! The hamburger did smell wonderful though!

abuck 01-15-2012 02:49 PM

Good afternoon! Everyone sounds like they are having awesome NSVs. :cp: I had to buy some black pants (size 18) on New Year's Eve b/c I couldn't wear jeans. I should have bought a size 20 b/c they were so tight I had to wear Spanx and they were still so snug that I actually unbuttoned my pants once we left and got into the car I unbuttoned them b/c I was SO uncomfortable. Today I wore those same pants (without Spanx) and they fit perfect. They actually fit very relaxed and comfortable. Thank you IP!

I have been sleeping really long and deeply too. Atleast 9 hrs per night and not having to take anything either. During the day I am much more alert and no longer need my afternoon nap.

abuck 01-15-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renewing Myself (Post 4173124)
I have a couple of questions: does the water I put in with my drinks or puddings count for my water consumption for the day?

Also the 2 cups of veggies, that can just be 2 cups of lettuce if that is what I want for that meal? I have been having a hard time getting in the 2 cups of veggies at supper meal. 8 oz of meat his huge portion and then 2 cups of veggies :dizzy: I had rutabaga and cauliflower last night with 8 oz of chicken breast meat and I cannot eat it all, I would do better with just a salad and chicken.

I would still drink AT LEAST the minimum 64 oz of water in addition to the water for puddings. Due to the poor nutrient quality of lettuce it is not counted towards the 2 cups of veggies. If you think you can only get in a salad and chicken then use spinach for your salad. It counts! There have been times that I have been too full and I will cook cabbage. It really reduces in size that way. You can do this with spinach too.

Congrats on the temptations. I have still having occasional cravings. My husband and daughter still eat a lot of the same things we all used to infront of me. I sometimes feel the need to snack when bored or tired but have gotten into tea drinking and it has really helped.

DanafromAustin 01-15-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4172944)
My Mom was so skeptical about this whole thing, but she said she's proud of me for sticking with it & that she can totally tell a difference too! :D

Always great to have family support. My mom lives in CA so I only get to see her every 3 months or so. It's fun now because she likes seeing the changes in me since I last saw her. Her next visit will be late February. Can't wait to see her reaction again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4172973)

and YES, Omega's are important, esp. dieting effects the skin and hair.

I think already being on Omegas before starting IP really saved me this time from loosing hair on this diet. Now at the start of four months I'm still having very little hair loss and I really have to attribute the Omega 3 I take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamelama (Post 4173037)
Lol! When my 13 yr old daughter comes home from a sleepover, we have to brace ourselves for the inevitable emotional breakdown from lack of sleep... :dizzy: Good luck with the hw... Does he have tomorrow off (MLK)? That would help..

His friends have all gone home and now I'm just left with a over tired grumpy 14 year old. I homeschool him, but he is way too advanced in math for me, so he takes a math class from this awesome teacher who LOVES to give lots of homework. Except for math, I thought about giving him the day off, but truthfully he has such a busy week this week with lessons, activities, friends and so on, that I think he will need to put in some school hours. I think I won't let him know that his public schools friends have school off tomorrow, although I'm sure someone will text him and let the cat out of the bag. :devil:

alaskastarr 01-15-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanCo (Post 4172803)
Woohoo!!! I bought a pair of jeans 2 weeks ago because I got tired of wearing my maternity clothes (my son is 5 months old!) and none of my pre-baby pants would fit....put them on this morning and they just fall off, tried on my pre-baby jeans and I'm in them now!!!

This is great! I can't wait for this to happen to me. I need to start working out myself. I have been so stressed with something going on at work though.

Congratulations on the NSV :hug: WTG!!! Keep moving forward toward your goal!!!

DanafromAustin 01-15-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Happy Sunday everyone, this is day 4 for me and I woke up feeling pretty good. Not totally full of energy but much more than I have had the previous three days.

Also my daughter and I went to the mall yesterday and I sat and watched her eat a A & W Momma burger and onion rings! I had a large mint tea and my snack and was just fine. Yeah me! The hamburger did smell wonderful though!

Unfortunately that water doesn't count, but you could drink decaf tea and that would count if you want some variety.

Just having lettuce for your vegetable is kind of limiting, both in taste and nutrients. I don't eat much lettuce myself when I want to make a salad. Instead I use spinach which is packed with nutrients and just add a few chopped up vegetables like celery and cucumbers. For the rest of my veggies, I usually roast them with olive oil and sea salt to make them crispy and more flavorful.

wuv2bloved 01-15-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

You MUST have a MINIMUM of 64oz of water a day. The water you put in your packets DO NOT count toward your water. As Dana suggest have some herbal teas, those would count toward your water.

Lettuce is a "FREE" veggie and DOES NOT count toward your 2 cups of veggies. You can spread your veggies out through out the day for like say a snack between meals you could have 1 cup of veggies instead of waiting to eat all 2 cups at lunch or dinner. I usually have a cucumber(1 1/2c) for lunch, them a few pickles later in the afternoon for my other 1/2cup

Looks like we have some awesome numbers on the WI's and some wonderful NVS. Its a beautiful day here in Ms so I am going to enjoy the day out today!

wuv2bloved 01-15-2012 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Renewing Myself

You MUST have a MINIMUM of 64oz of water a day. The water you put in your packets DO NOT count toward your water. As Dana suggest have some herbal teas, those would count toward your water.

Also the 2 cups of veggies, that can just be 2 cups of lettuce if that is what I want for that meal? I have been having a hard time getting in the 2 cups of veggies at supper meal. 8 oz of meat his huge portion and then 2 cups of veggies I had rutabaga and cauliflower last night with 8 oz of chicken breast meat and I cannot eat it all, I would do better with just a salad and chicken.
Lettuce is a "FREE" veggie and DOES NOT count toward your 2 cups of veggies. You can spread your veggies out through out the day for like say a snack between meals you could have 1 cup of veggies instead of waiting to eat all 2 cups at lunch or dinner. I usually have a cucumber(1 1/2c) for lunch, them a few pickles later in the afternoon for my other 1/2cup

wuv2bloved 01-15-2012 03:58 PM

Since we have a lot of newbies here is a link that I found way back its IP Tips for newbies...maybe you can find some more wisdom there..enjoy!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-newbies.html

omgzitsmiranda 01-15-2012 03:59 PM

Quick question for you guys. How many carbs can a sugar free candy have that I can have? I found the sugar free lifesavers free of aspartame, but it still has carbs in it. :)

Renewing Myself 01-15-2012 04:00 PM

Thanks for the answers. I have been drinking over my needed limit so it has been okay and I usually have a couple of large herbal teas throughout the day so I can easily get in my water. I will also stagger my veggies more. I had a large salad at lunch with peppers, spinach, mixed greens and cauliflower (also a pudding) so it was all good.

wuv2bloved 01-15-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renewing Myself (Post 4173234)
Thanks for the answers. I have been drinking over my needed limit so it has been okay and I usually have a couple of large herbal teas throughout the day so I can easily get in my water. I will also stagger my veggies more. I had a large salad at lunch with peppers, spinach, mixed greens and cauliflower (also a pudding) so it was all good.

The more water you get in the better you will be. I drink 3-4liters a day sometimes 4. Staggering your veggies will help you out, it will help with the "sncaking" feeling as well :)

New Englander 01-15-2012 04:24 PM

I just need to vent for a minute...My TOM is coming up any day and I'm so flipping hungry!!! Okay. Thanks for listening..I feel better! ;)

canadiancandy 01-15-2012 04:25 PM

hi yall, wanting to wish everyone a happy sunday :) (its my fav day of the week)

Has anyone tried the mighty leaf iced tea? Its supposed to be very good and just like reg hot tea 0/0/0 all across. I got some today, ginger peach but of course it wont be chilled for hrs :( lol

canadiancandy 01-15-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 4173250)
I just need to vent for a minute...My TOM is coming up any day and I'm so flipping hungry!!! Okay. Thanks for listening..I feel better! ;)

I hate that too, hormones grrrrrrrr lol