3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/11/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/250275-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-1-11-12-a.html)

DanafromAustin 01-11-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DezD (Post 4167189)
It surprises me to see just how big I looked at my starting weight. I guess when you only gain 4-5lbs a year it really creeps up on you. If it wasn’t for the fact that I had to keep buying larger and larger sizes it could have gone unnoticed. I am now smaller than I was at this weight 6 years ago and may adjust my goal weight to be 125 instead of 115. :smug:

I'm 5'2 so it's nice to see what someone just a bit shorter than me looks like in the 120's. My goal at 130, but I do know my ideal weight is 122. I guess I will know when I get to 130 (hopefully by late summer sometime) what's right for me.

Congratulations to all who had scale victories today. Great job!

wuv2bloved 01-11-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 (Post 4167328)
Congratulations to everyone with SVs and NSVs! Seeing everyone's progress is so motivational!

For those struggling with their first few days, hang in there! It gets better. If you have a question...just ask. There's so much support on this site, you are never alone!

You are so right about this...YOU ARE NEVER ALONE!!!....we are ALWAYS here to help out. Someone is always around reading!!!....Might get a little tough love while you are at it...right Linda?....hahaha

MaMaZu 01-11-2012 01:26 PM

Day 5, definitely in Ketosis, but am incredibly weak today. Lightheaded, any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

wuv2bloved 01-11-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaZu (Post 4167347)
Day 5, definitely in Ketosis, but am incredibly weak today. Lightheaded, any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Add some salt to your day, lick some, put some in your water...your BP might be low or your electrolytes. When I get that way I lick my salt!!! hope you feel better!

4kiddos 01-11-2012 01:31 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...x-finland.html

Happy Wednesday to everyone! Feeling good today. I have added a link to Finn's recipes, if you haven't checked it out, go for it! I made the waffles with chocolate pudding today and WF syrup. No, they aren't IHOP but they were a nice change from the pudding and hit the spot! Congrats to all the NSV and WI numbers today! Keep up the good work!

CutieEli 01-11-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4167258)
I am happy to report that I, myself loss 4.2lbs this week and BYE BYE 270's!!!!!!.....119lbs lighter in 36 weeks....YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOUHOUUUUUUUU That is fantastic!!! :cheer2: :woohoo:

kdspirited 01-11-2012 01:37 PM

Hi Xchick

Looks like you and I are the same proportion. I started out at 147 and my goal weight is 110. I had lost 20lbs prior to taking a little break and ended up gaining some of it back during the holidays and vacations.

But I have been back since last week and today I am happy to report I have already dropped 5.6 lbs of the 10Lbs I had gained. This time I am going all the way and hope that by Feb end I would be able to transition into phase 2

:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xchik2012 (Post 4166961)
Hello IPers!!! I've been away from the forum for a while, but I feel I need to come back to get some strength and support. It's been a **** of a week at work last week, and other than breakfast, I couldn't get any of my meals on time :( As a matter of fact....I skipped some of my veggies....and supplements. I have been stressed to the max from Thursday to Monday...all those days my eating times were totally off, not enough water....BUT...at least I can say I didn't cheat or eat anything off program.
Also proud to say I went out for dinner to the Cheesecake Factory, I had an appetizer of mushrooms sautéed in soy sauce. For my main meal Grilled Salmon, with steamed broccoli, and in place of mashed potatoes, I asked for a side of spinach...After being OP for a while I feel I can pretty much eyeball my 8oz of protein and 2 cups of veggies... :)
I've had quite a few NSV in these past 2 weeks. People are constantly noticing that I lost weight, and I had to pull out a box out of the basement with old work uniforms, because my tops and pants were way to baggy!!!! That box, my fiancé was ready to get rid of about 1 year ago, because some of my scrub tops are unique, I begged him not to throw them out, that I would lose weight and get back into them...guess what I fit in all of them :)
Going for my WI today...Unofficially my scale at home says 135...let's see how accurate this is!
Good luck to all WI today, and let's keep going! ::cheer::

CutieEli 01-11-2012 01:40 PM

Hmmm I was just thinking about something...
Last night I went to a free Zumba class to try and out with my Sister in Law and my Mother in Law and we had a BLAST so we will be signing up for one class a week...

Since I am now in my 2nd week of IP, and the classes will start next week at week 3 of IP...is it okay if I do Zumba classes???

I am not sure what the protocol says about exercising...My coach has told me it was okay for cardio but not weight lifting and I was reading some posts here that said no exercise.

What do you all think? Is it okay if I sign up? It's SOOO much fun :) :)

BACKDROPsilhouette 01-11-2012 01:41 PM

Other than the fact that my intestines are not liking me right now, I feel fine. I was going to take a nap because of how little I slept last night, but then I got to cleaning. SO MUCH LAUNDRY. And so many art supplies that I have no clue what to do with D;

whirlygirl72 01-11-2012 01:47 PM

did i mention how much i love this daily thread? I never thought i would be one of those people that was actually satisifed with a monitored program, i thought people who said "in a few days your cravings will be gone and you wont be hungry" were full of poop. But now, 9 days into program and 8lbs down i can say the same!!
Thank you ! thank you! thank you! I look forward to meeting my goal!

thanks for the inspiration all of you!! and if you having a bad day, chin up it REALLY REALLY does get better!

New Englander 01-11-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whirlygirl72 (Post 4167396)
did i mention how much i love this daily thread? I never thought i would be one of those people that was actually satisifed with a monitored program, i thought people who said "in a few days your cravings will be gone and you wont be hungry" were full of poop. But now, 9 days into program and 8lbs down i can say the same!!
Thank you ! thank you! thank you! I look forward to meeting my goal!

thanks for the inspiration all of you!! and if you having a bad day, chin up it REALLY REALLY does get better!

So glad to hear that! I began 11/11/11 and it's really a great diet AND this site helps 110%!!! Keep up the great work!!! WOO HOO TO all of us!!!!!!!!! :)

Danni1 01-11-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutieEli (Post 4167387)
Hmmm I was just thinking about something...
Last night I went to a free Zumba class to try and out with my Sister in Law and my Mother in Law and we had a BLAST so we will be signing up for one class a week...

Since I am now in my 2nd week of IP, and the classes will start next week at week 3 of IP...is it okay if I do Zumba classes???

I am not sure what the protocol says about exercising...My coach has told me it was okay for cardio but not weight lifting and I was reading some posts here that said no exercise.

What do you all think? Is it okay if I sign up? It's SOOO much fun :) :)

I would just check with your coach first. Mine said no exercise in the first 2 weeks but that we could look into increasing my exercise after that. My coach does have lots of clients that do the Zumba, you just want to make sure it doesn't adversly affect you.

Lorilou 01-11-2012 02:01 PM

Hello IPeeps! I'm late checking in. I've had a very busy work day so far but am taking a break to check in and see how everyone is doing. I had a rough day yesterday with hunger but I am doing better with that today. Today I am tired but hyper. Very strange feeling. It feels like I have been up all night and downed a Red Bull. I am sleeping fine (minus the getting up to pee thing) so it;s propobly still card withdrawl or something (on day 11). Anyway, I hope everyone has a fantastic day. Stay strong and OP! :hug:

Pamelama 01-11-2012 02:01 PM

5th WI..... Down another 3 POUNDS!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Total of 19.8! Booyahh!! :D

Next week will be below 20lbs for sure!

MaMaZu 01-11-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4167354)
Add some salt to your day, lick some, put some in your water...your BP might be low or your electrolytes. When I get that way I lick my salt!!! hope you feel better!

Thanks, I'll give the salt a try!