Old 12-19-2011, 06:42 AM   #1  
Started IP 10/13/11

Default I am having issues.... what is my problem??

I weighed in last Wednesday, but since then.... I want to EAT - I am not looking for huge meals, just picky food (crackers, had some popcorn)- which I am sure is adding UP!. I got on the scale this morning, though I am down - not sure when it will catch up with me. I don't want to weigh in this week, and I have enough food to carry me over till the next weigh in. I am going to get on the bike this week and work it! I am fine while at work, but when I am home I am so tempted. I drink all my water and then some.

Any advise.... Thanks!
idealpromom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Your losses are so great. I totally get feeling snacky and wanting to munch on things. Making sure you have some cut up veggies on hand is helpful -- cucumbers, celery...I also love seaweed snacks. I get them at Costco and Trader Joe's. They're slightly briny/salty and very crunchy.

On the nights when nothing is going to satisfy me, I go to bed.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #3  
Started IP 10/13/11

Thanks Rainbowmom for the tips !
Had a moment this morning... I have maintained - not lost But I guess I deserve that....

Does anyone use the ketosis sticks? Where do you buy them and how much do they cost?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

I can totally relate! When I'm at home, I often have an overwhelming urge to snack and vegetables don't satisfy the urge. I usually have to get out of the house (walking or shopping for small pants), take a bath or go to bed. Something about lounging around my house just makes me want to EAT!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #5  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Try getting some really good herbal teas..The Celestial Seasoning Sugar Plum is good. I drink lots of hot tea when I get those cravings. It helps. Good luck. Galkd you maintained.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #6  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Try getting some really good herbal teas..The Celestial Seasoning Sugar Plum is good. I drink lots of hot tea when I get those cravings. It helps. Good luck. Galkd you maintained.
thank Maile
Look at your stats....... quite impressive - and thanks for the tip.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #7  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
I can totally relate! When I'm at home, I often have an overwhelming urge to snack and vegetables don't satisfy the urge. I usually have to get out of the house (walking or shopping for small pants), take a bath or go to bed. Something about lounging around my house just makes me want to EAT!
I soooo agree. - glad I am not alone
Old 12-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
About the 'just go to bed'....I JUST mentioned to the BFF that I think I'm sleeping a lot lately as an avoidance trick. LOL

When I want to snack I drink tea (I like chocolately chai, found some pineapple tea too and it's good) or make some kale chips as well or some pickles...or do my nails so that I have to wait to let them dry. I don't think the urges go away it's more about distracting yourself.

That it's the holiday season DOESN'T help either!!

Good Luck!

Last edited by Ishbel; 12-19-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #9  
Time to take care of me!

S/C/G: 164/ See tracker :)

Height: 5'0"

I too have been craving things outside IP. It doesn't help that my fiancé is not on IP, and although he eats pretty much the same dinner as I do, he has the fridge full of very tempting things.....I almost gave in this weekend...but he is my cheerleader....and still helps me out with preparing my foods. I keep telling myself," I've worked so hard these past few weeks, I don't want it to go down the drain". Stay strong!
xchik2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

I started knitting a few years ago because I love to be creative and my hands were busy in the evening when I usually "needed" to snack. Now whenever I'm knitting, I want to get the piece done instead of stopping to eat. I work at home and when I get the urge to snack, I try to remember to knit a few rows till the urge passes. Works for me a lot of the time..
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #11  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
I started knitting a few years ago because I love to be creative and my hands were busy in the evening when I usually "needed" to snack. Now whenever I'm knitting, I want to get the piece done instead of stopping to eat. I work at home and when I get the urge to snack, I try to remember to knit a few rows till the urge passes. Works for me a lot of the time..
what a super idea !!! I love to crochet... thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #12  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I too work at home, so that is why I am on here a lot. I don't keep snack foods in the house any longer but I don't find myself tempted any more. I drink a lot of hot herbal teas as well. I just stay busy and not think about food. You maintained so that is a good thing, I would WI anyway you have enough food to last you til next week, just for the extra support ya know?
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #13  

I'm doing the IP diet. I have lost 11 pounds, 8 of which were fat and 5.5 inches. It is great. For the cravings, definitely drink hot tea, but also, make sure you are getting your sea-salt in. If I am feeling super snacky and can't get rid of the feeling, I will go ahead and either have a bar or some chocolate soy puffs. Figure it won't kill my diet and so far it hasn't. Also, IF you are exercising, you need to tell your provider because mine told me that if I want to work out, I'd need to add another packet...just let them know, they are there to support you.
Blonde Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #14  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I too work at home, so that is why I am on here a lot. I don't keep snack foods in the house any longer but I don't find myself tempted any more. I drink a lot of hot herbal teas as well. I just stay busy and not think about food. You maintained so that is a good thing, I would WI anyway you have enough food to last you til next week, just for the extra support ya know?
do you really think I should WI? (I know the answer...just loooking for convicing)
Old 12-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #15  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealpromom View Post
do you really think I should WI? (I know the answer...just loooking for convicing)
YES, I do just because it will keep you on track. Yes, you might maintain but its better to know then to question yourself and who knows you might just be surprised and lose even .5....it keeps you accountable
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote