Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Daily IP Chat Tuesday 12/13/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, yes i know it is early.
Mother Nature been throwing me curve balls again and TOM snuck in early. I decided to weight to see if the scale was moving and to my surprise I lost 3.5 lbs since Friday. Not sure how I managed that but I am super happy about it. Good way to start the day.
Off to work, Have a good day.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!! Just wanted to pop in and tell everyone I hope you have a great OP day!! Busy morning this morning for the kids and I, this is why I love IP so much, there's no thinking about anything and with a bar and a baggie of sliced veggies in my purse I am free to be as busy as I need to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
Mother Nature been throwing me curve balls again and TOM snuck in early. I decided to weight to see if the scale was moving and to my surprise I lost 3.5 lbs since Friday. Not sure how I managed that but I am super happy about it. Good way to start the day.
WooHoo!! Congrats!!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:57 AM   #4  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Go for WI today My coach wants a testimonial and to use my pictures for their seminars. So that's cool. Went to my nephews Christmas concert. They did a really good job. He's is grade 3. I hope everyones day is awesome
Old 12-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
Congratulations!!

[QUOTE=NavyMommy;4136701]Good morning!! Just wanted to pop in and tell everyone I hope you have a great OP day!! Busy morning this morning for the kids and I, this is why I love IP so much, there's no thinking about anything and with a bar and a baggie of sliced veggies in my purse I am free to be as busy as I need to be.

Have a good Busy Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
Go for WI today My coach wants a testimonial and to use my pictures for their seminars. So that's cool. Went to my nephews Christmas concert. They did a really good job. He's is grade 3. I hope everyones day is awesome
Congratulations, that is really awesome!

Good Morning IPeeps,
Well, I really had a rough week last week with the big C and the scale was slowly crawling upward, and I was begining to get a little worried. Things finally happened and I weighed in this morning and I am happy to say that I am down another 3.6 pounds.....whew. Better than I expected.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!! Just wanted to pop in and tell everyone I hope you have a great OP day!! Busy morning this morning for the kids and I, this is why I love IP so much, there's no thinking about anything and with a bar and a baggie of sliced veggies in my purse I am free to be as busy as I need to be.
You're way better at being prepared in your purse then I....I usually just have an extra packet for emergencies. Course, I also had to buy myself a jar of pickles to stash at work in the fridge so maybe I need to give myself more credit lol.

Quote:
That's a great compliment, are you going to do it then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps, Well, I really had a rough week last week with the big C and the scale was slowly crawling upward, and I was begining to get a little worried. Things finally happened and I weighed in this morning and I am happy to say that I am down another 3.6 pounds.....whew. Better than I expected.
You may want to consider NOT using the scale daily. I always had an emotional rollercoaster when I stepped on the scale. 2RIDE encouraged me to put mine away, so I did 6-7 weeks into this journey. It's still in the VIP's trunk (so I don't step on it at his house too). It helped me with my emotions for sure. Since then I haven't even peeked on another scale as I only know the difference between mine and the coach's.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #7  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all, another start to the day.. am liking the Anthony Henday drive to work these days is taking about 15 minutes off my drive so that is good... only thing is then I arrive too early for work... but then I get to catch up on my readiing here so that is good.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

[/QUOTE]You may want to consider NOT using the scale daily. I always had an emotional rollercoaster when I stepped on the scale. 2RIDE encouraged me to put mine away, so I did 6-7 weeks into this journey. It's still in the VIP's trunk (so I don't step on it at his house too). It helped me with my emotions for sure. Since then I haven't even peeked on another scale as I only know the difference between mine and the coach's. [/QUOTE]

Thank you for the advice Ishbel, I usually only weigh myself on Tuesday mornings for my weekly weigh in, but Thursday I was feeling so bloated, so I just pulled out the scale to check.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 164/151/130

Height: 5'3

Morning Everyone
Well today I should be weighing in in about five hours. I am not sure if I should? I have been in bed since Friday night with the chills and achy, think it is the flu. I have not been able to have any IP products since Saturday, even the soup makes me throw up. Sorry, too much info.
I have been drinking loads of water and decaf teas. My question is do I go to my WI and show my book with no food and weigh or do I wait and go next week? Any thoughts or has any one else been really sick and not been able to swallow the IP products? Thanks and to all who weigh in today, good luck.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/180/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! I go in for my first WI tomorrow. I am really excited. I also had my first major will power victory this week. I went to a local restaurant for a friend's birthday and Everyone at the table had burgers dripping with cheese and everything yummy. I ordered a chicken breast with steamed veggies. And actually, everyone at the table started telling me how they admired me for choosing something healthy from the menu. So instead of leaving the restaurant feeling like I missed out, I felt like I just won a small victory.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
You may want to consider NOT using the scale daily. I always had an emotional rollercoaster when I stepped on the scale. 2RIDE encouraged me to put mine away, so I did 6-7 weeks into this journey. It's still in the VIP's trunk (so I don't step on it at his house too). It helped me with my emotions for sure. Since then I haven't even peeked on another scale as I only know the difference between mine and the coach's.
Quote:
Thank you for the advice Ishbel, I usually only weigh myself on Tuesday mornings for my weekly weigh in, but Thursday I was feeling so bloated, so I just pulled out the scale to check.
LOL...I'd probably not weigh when I was bloated but then again, I've had WI's where I felt bloated and had a fantastic number....our bodies are strange sometimes! . I'm glad it's working out for you though, 3+ lbs is a good weigh in

Last edited by Ishbel; 12-13-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Morning everyone, does anyone know if we're allowed to have turkey bacon on Phase I?

thanks and have a great day
Old 12-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandrap View Post
Hey everyone! I go in for my first WI tomorrow. I am really excited. I also had my first major will power victory this week. I went to a local restaurant for a friend's birthday and Everyone at the table had burgers dripping with cheese and everything yummy. I ordered a chicken breast with steamed veggies. And actually, everyone at the table started telling me how they admired me for choosing something healthy from the menu. So instead of leaving the restaurant feeling like I missed out, I felt like I just won a small victory.
Going out to eat and being tempted by other's food decisions is so hard, but you did AWESOME! You're definitely in this to win it
Old 12-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

I had my first weigh in today...

Down 7lbs

(And also an inch in my waist, among other places...3 inches lost total!)

I'm very happy with the results of week one (especially since it was TOM this whole week!)

Just wanted to say thanks to this community...you guys really are the best support system/motivation
Old 12-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I have an insulated bag that I now bring everywhere, packed with pickles and water and protein drinks/bar. Gotta be prepared, especially this time of the year when we are all so busy!!

Quote:
That's awesome!! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I'm seriously considering hiding my scale, too! Had some problems with the big C and now I feel like it is controlling me...crazy, but that's how it seems! I go to bed sometimes wondering what it will say in the morning...gotta stop that!! I think I'll hide it somewhere when I go home for lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandrap View Post
Doesn't it feel great to walk out not feeling miserable? Love this plan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmayhem View Post
I had my first weigh in today...

Down 7lbs

(And also an inch in my waist, among other places...3 inches lost total!)

I'm very happy with the results of week one (especially since it was TOM this whole week!)

Just wanted to say thanks to this community...you guys really are the best support system/motivation
Great losses!! You made it through the roughest part! You got this!!
Closed Thread