Old 11-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #1  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

S/C/G: 184/163.6/130 Date:7/14/15

Height: 5'2" Mints: 4/27: 45/39/45.5 6/1: 44/37.5/43.5 6/28: 43/36.5/43.5

Exclamation Useta luv Chicken soup, now I hate it! I need a pkt hack, HELP!

OMG!

I tried to eat some chicken soup w/ my usual addition last night and I just couldn't do it!

I really, really liked it before, and I have 6 boxes!

I searched the forum for ways to use chicken soup packet, but all I found were veggie additions and adding broth.

I tried making a gravy by using less water over some asparagus, but that was worse.

Does anyone have a recipe in which I can hide this stuff??

Has anyone tried packets in the crock pot? I'm afraid to ruin by experimenting, the packets are too expensive. Does it break down too much in a crock pot?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
flvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #2  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

{removed recipe}

Last edited by flvamp; 11-13-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: The listed recipe was blecht!
Old 11-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

I wouldnt recommend the recipe above because it uses 3 (!!!) packets and mixes your soup with your meat protein (which isnt bad, its just a waste of a meal to me to combine the two).

You're visited my FB Ideal Protein Site... lots of other ideas there.

Like these:

1. Rosemary Chicken Mash Soup:
a) Roast cauliflower with a little olive oil, salt, and rosemary
b) Make soup with 2 cups (16oz) cold water in a blender.
c) Add cauliflower and blend until creamy.
d) taste and add more spices, rosemary, chili powder etc.
e) Add about 1/4 cup raw or frozen chopped onion pieces
f) Microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes until hot. (Make sure it doesnt boil over)

The taste is like roast chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy.

or 2. try other veggie combos such as Asperagus or Mushroom (Either blended up to mask the chicken flavor or grilled and added with a splash of lemon juice and Thyme herbs for a hearty meal.

or

3. Use the packet as a coating for vegetables. Dip veggie slices in beaten egg whites, then coat in the soup before baking in oven or frying. (Some use it to coat chicken pieces as well, but I dont usually mix the IP packets and the meat protein.)

or

4. Make vegetable patties.
a) Mushroom (shredded or chopped)
b) Shredded Zucchini (I eat with hot sauce)
c) Spouts (+ water chestnuts and soy sauce)

For Recipe Click Here

or

5. Add very different spices to it.

Try:
a) Turmeric & Thyme (will turn a lovely golden color)
b) Asian spices (Lemongrass, ginger, sesame seed, with a splash of soy and 1/4 packet sweetener. Also add in some sprouts, waterchestnuts, + onions)
c) Add fresh chopped tomatoes and italian herbs (basil, oregano, marjorum) to it with a heavy hand of crushed multi.pepper (black, white, rose). (You might add just a tiny sprinkle of sweetener to the tomatoes). The acid in the tomatoes and the italian herbs really transform the chicken soup into something new.

or

6. Green Bean Casserole (doesnt have to be mushroom soup)

7. Many people add the IP chicken soup packet to their cauliflower "mashed potatoes" (vs the first suggestion above of using the cauliflower to make the soup heartier). This way, the chicken soup is more like a baked in gravy taste to the mash rather than the main taste. Adding some horseradish (up to 1 TB) also helps.

Good luck. There's lots more ideas out there if you view the PACKET HACKS threads from the stickies in the daily chat.

Last edited by FinnSteven; 11-12-2011 at 01:24 PM.
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #4  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

Thumbs up

Thanks soooo much Steven!! I thought the mush soup pkt was the only one to make patties. That's a really great idea.

The other recipes w/ tomato and green bean ... my paperwork says I can only have those 2x per week, and I really look forward to tomato on my salads/topping your mini meatloaves.

I'll try the cauli mash/rosemary when I can look at cauliflower again.

Yaknow, I'm extremely surprised at myself w/ these sudden dislikes. I was practically a vegetarian before I started IP ... and from age 18-31 I was an ovo-lacto vegetarian (cheese and eggs but no milk). I thought my veggies were gonna be no problem at all, but I'm really over cauliflower and right now!

Hopefully it will pass.

Your patty suggestions look fabulous and baking veggies dipped as a coating is also something I'll try.

Thanks again - MWAH!!