Old 11-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #1  

Default Getting Ready for Phase 3 - Need HELP!

Hi all,
I'm getting ready to start Phase 3 in a few days and I want to be completely prepared. I understand the big breakfast has to be consumed all in one sitting but have a few questions.

Can I add veggies to my eggs and do I count that as some of my carbs?
If I don't eat bacon or ham, should I up the amount of eggs I'm eating? Can I eat flavored yogurt or does it have to be plain? Is there any place on here with some sample breakfasts that people eat? Thanks so much for all your help. I don't want to mess anything up.

Also on a different subject, what happens if I know I'm going to drink wine and possibly "cheat" at a wedding but still on Phase 3? The wedding is Nov. 19. Should I do phase 1 a few days before and a fews days after?
debz2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz2boys View Post
Hi all,
I'm getting ready to start Phase 3 in a few days and I want to be completely prepared. I understand the big breakfast has to be consumed all in one sitting but have a few questions.

Can I add veggies to my eggs and do I count that as some of my carbs?
If I don't eat bacon or ham, should I up the amount of eggs I'm eating? Can I eat flavored yogurt or does it have to be plain? Is there any place on here with some sample breakfasts that people eat? Thanks so much for all your help. I don't want to mess anything up.

Also on a different subject, what happens if I know I'm going to drink wine and possibly "cheat" at a wedding but still on Phase 3? The wedding is Nov. 19. Should I do phase 1 a few days before and a fews days after?
You can add veggies to your eggs, I wouldn't worry about the carbs because one of the purposes of the breakfast is to add good carbs. The purpose of the bacon and ham is usually to add fat to the breakfast. Flavoured yogurt is okay, I'd look for real fruit flavored brands, not sugar loaded ones.

Don't drink wine on phase 3 - it's only 2 weeks long and in my opinion is the most critical stage to do right. You're very close to being able to drink but the resetting of your pancreas is the single greatest benefit of this program.

There are sample breakfasts all over the site - search phase 3 breakfasts and you'll see lots of suggestions, read the maintainers thread and the "life after phase 1" threads - also the phase 3 info sheets that are linked on each daily chat have suggested breakfasts.

I ate:

3/4 cup kashi golean cereal
3/4 cup 0% greek yogurt
1 cup blueberries
3 pieces of turkey bacon

For 14 days in a row (and still have it every day in maintenance) - yummy!
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote