Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/25/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-25-2011, 07:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Goood Morning..yesterday was a great IP day...I'm back in the saddle and it feels great..I'm writing down everything I eat and looking forward to Losing weight before Thanks Giving....
Last night I made fish,spinach and a salad...what a yummy dinner...
Have a great day everyone..hugs hugs hugs...

Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Good Morning!

My weigh-in is today in the afternoon. A.m. at home weight looks decent so just hope that continues into my day. Fingers crossed that I am almost up to my Halloween goal that I set for myself (20# gone by Nov. 1st-next weigh-in). I was 3.8 pounds short of that goal last week.

Would love to hear everyone's supper plans for this evening. What's on your menu? Roast here, and salad of course and will steam some brocoli . Will put in some carrots and potatoes for the family.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #4  

Wanted to thank 2RIDEROLLERCOAST for your advice last evening when I wasn't feeling well. Thank You! I just had more hot tea and didn't eat. I think I am better today although not super hungry yet but coffee tastes good today! Thanks again for responding to me!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

GREAT MORNING everyone!! I had my first IP breakfast, the omelet with fine herbs and cheese and it was really good. I didn't cook it in a skillet, I put it in the mircrowave instead and had really fluffy scrambled eggs. I couldn't believe the flavor.

I am really looking forward to my supper tonight: steamed tilapia with cajun seasoning, a mix of broccoli and "mashed turnips" with a small salad. My first try at a home made dressing was apple cider vinegar and olive oil with some fiesta lime Mrs. Dash. Not too bad, although I wish I had measured out the vinegar..it got away from me just a bit.

Good luck to everyone today, and as always, thanks for the great support.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
GREAT MORNING everyone!! I had my first IP breakfast, the omelet with fine herbs and cheese and it was really good. I didn't cook it in a skillet, I put it in the mircrowave instead and had really fluffy scrambled eggs. I couldn't believe the flavor.

I am really looking forward to my supper tonight: steamed tilapia with cajun seasoning, a mix of broccoli and "mashed turnips" with a small salad. My first try at a home made dressing was apple cider vinegar and olive oil with some fiesta lime Mrs. Dash. Not too bad, although I wish I had measured out the vinegar..it got away from me just a bit.

Glad you like the herb-cheese eggs! I like them too-actually very few packets I have found that I didn't like-but got burned out on them! Will go back to them soon! Your supper plan sounds good!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

I'm so glad you liked your first meal! That sets a good tone for kicking off the program.

Had a mixture of seafood for dinner last night. Jewel sells individual packs of frozen fish for $1.00 each. They have salmon, tilapia, flounder, mini scallops, etc. I'm loving the flounder and scallops. They come in the perfect serving size. We use a mix of soy sauce, garlic and worstershershire sauce to "baste" the fish and then broil it - so yummy!

Tonight it looks like lean hamgurgers on the grill. We try and eat red meat only once a week. I love the hamburger with just some mustard on it. Yum!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning everyone
I have a question that perhpas some of you may know the answer to. If an item shows:
Sugar 0
Fat 0
Carb 3
Fibre 3

Does the Carb & Fibre cancel each other out?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning, It seems my body is dropping inches like something crazy lately. I put on my size 26 shorts straight out of the dryer and they are too big!...I am loving it. Got an appointment at the hip dr this morning, won't he just be amazed since he hasn't seen me since beginning of August, I think I was at 65lbs then. So I am sure he will be impressed, that I can walk normal with no limp at all, which I am soooo happy about!! Maybe I won't need to have a hip replacement anytime soon, at least that is what I an hoping

Have a great OP day!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #10  

Oh Wuv I certainly hope he says you don't need a replacement! How wonderful. And dropping another pant size is about the greatest feeling ever! I'm sure your Dr. will be shocked at how amazing you look!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #11  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning, It seems my body is dropping inches like something crazy lately. I put on my size 26 shorts straight out of the dryer and they are too big!...I am loving it. Got an appointment at the hip dr this morning, won't he just be amazed since he hasn't seen me since beginning of August, I think I was at 65lbs then. So I am sure he will be impressed, that I can walk normal with no limp at all, which I am soooo happy about!! Maybe I won't need to have a hip replacement anytime soon, at least that is what I an hoping

Have a great OP day!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
I'm so glad you liked your first meal! That sets a good tone for kicking off the program.

Had a mixture of seafood for dinner last night. Jewel sells individual packs of frozen fish for $1.00 each. They have salmon, tilapia, flounder, mini scallops, etc. I'm loving the flounder and scallops. They come in the perfect serving size. We use a mix of soy sauce, garlic and worstershershire sauce to "baste" the fish and then broil it - so yummy!

Tonight it looks like lean hamgurgers on the grill. We try and eat red meat only once a week. I love the hamburger with just some mustard on it. Yum!
I love worstershershire sauce and was wondering if that was allowed...this is good news!!! I also wondered about Soy sauce vs soya sauce..is that the same? I know I need to look at the stickys but since you mentioned it I thought I would ask. I have found great info on the stickys there's just a lot to sort through. We actually have a camping trip this weekend and we usually cook with the other campers so this will be my first challenge. I have planned grilled chicken and grilled pork tenderloin for two nights and told the group I would be doing breakfast on my own this time. No big pan of sausage gravy to share with everyone! Can't wait to try your fish baste recipe.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Have a great OP day!
OOOOO you go girl!! Hope the doc has only awesome things to say today!!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #14  

Quote:
I love worstershershire sauce and was wondering if that was allowed...this is good news!!! I also wondered about Soy sauce vs soya sauce..is that the same? I know I need to look at the stickys but since you mentioned it I thought I would ask. I have found great info on the stickys there's just a lot to sort through. We actually have a camping trip this weekend and we usually cook with the other campers so this will be my first challenge. I have planned grilled chicken and grilled pork tenderloin for two nights and told the group I would be doing breakfast on my own this time. No big pan of sausage gravy to share with everyone! Can't wait to try your fish baste recipe.
You have to check the soy sauce bottles for those with no carbs. I don't know what Soya is so I can't speak to that. It's a yummy marinade! You can add some splenda to it as well depending on your taste.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #15  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Maybe I won't need to have a hip replacement anytime soon, at least that is what I an hoping
That would be so wonderful. Just the icing on the cake. Sorry. Lousy metaphor, but I guess you know what I mean.
Closed Thread