Old 09-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #1  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default The "Experienced" thread continued again again...

Opening a new Experienced thread as our last has been closed.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #2  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Thanks!!!
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #3  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Good morning everyone, I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Yesterday I had a real good NSV, kind of funny but good.

I was getting my dogs into my vehicle to go to the offleash and my old one was peaking around the corner of my fence at a neighbor and her dog that were walking up. The neighbor said " oh good that is your dog, I thought it was a stray", Joanne use to live here" I pointed to myself and said I AM Joanne... She said oh my gosh I didn't recognize you... made me laugh... She also was just about unrecognisable as she had lost weight too, unfortunately she doesn't know why and is having tests run. We chatted for a while more until my red dog started getting impaitent and wanted to play ball. It was nice to know I have changed that much, but my prayers are going out to her that everything is okay.

If we all could hold the feeling of accomplishment of moments like this we would all remember why we are on this wonderful journey.

Have a Great day.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post

I was getting my dogs into my vehicle to go to the offleash and my old one was peaking around the corner of my fence at a neighbor and her dog that were walking up. The neighbor said " oh good that is your dog, I thought it was a stray", Joanne use to live here" I pointed to myself and said I AM Joanne... She said oh my gosh I didn't recognize you... made me laugh... She also was just about unrecognisable as she had lost weight too, unfortunately she doesn't know why and is having tests run. We chatted for a while more until my red dog started getting impaitent and wanted to play ball. It was nice to know I have changed that much, but my prayers are going out to her that everything is okay.

If we all could hold the feeling of accomplishment of moments like this we would all remember why we are on this wonderful journey.

Have a Great day.
I don't know what is considered "experienced" but I decided at almost 14 weeks in I could start posting here. (Even though I still have questions sometimes myself.)

What a nice story about your neighbor! I love those types of compliments. I had a guy at work who has been on vacation back in his homestate for awhile and yesterday he said, "Wow, what happened to you? You look great!" Kinda was bittersweet because I was excited someone else noticed but I wasn't sure about the "what happened to you" part. Part of me wanted to say, "did I look like garbage before?" I took it as a compliment though and was happy about it all day.

Speaking along those lines, my mom and I were talking last night and she mentioned something about all of the good compliments I've gotten and how it kinda torks her because she's always thought I've looked nice. Of course you have.....you're my mom! She said she is happy for me and loves hearing the compliments but she wonders what they saw before. Oh mom!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

I am sure that you have always looked nice, it's about the health! My weight never difined "who" I was, I just feel better being less of who I was..lol
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I am sure that you have always looked nice, it's about the health! My weight never difined "who" I was, I just feel better being less of who I was..lol
I hear ya! My first goal was for vanity reasons but the more I lose the better I feel and the more I want to lose so I can feel even better.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #7  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I don't know what is considered "experienced" but I decided at almost 14 weeks in I could start posting here. (Even though I still have questions sometimes myself.)

What a nice story about your neighbor! I love those types of compliments. I had a guy at work who has been on vacation back in his homestate for awhile and yesterday he said, "Wow, what happened to you? You look great!" Kinda was bittersweet because I was excited someone else noticed but I wasn't sure about the "what happened to you" part. Part of me wanted to say, "did I look like garbage before?" I took it as a compliment though and was happy about it all day.

Speaking along those lines, my mom and I were talking last night and she mentioned something about all of the good compliments I've gotten and how it kinda torks her because she's always thought I've looked nice. Of course you have.....you're my mom! She said she is happy for me and loves hearing the compliments but she wonders what they saw before. Oh mom!
Moms are like that, but and Bella is right you always looked nice. Now me after looking at before and after pics man why didn't someone tell me... why did my eyes lie to me... feel so much better now and I know I am healthier.

[QUOTE=Bellamack;4050777]I am sure that you have always looked nice, it's about the health! My weight never difined "who" I was, I just feel better being less of who I was..lol[/QUOTEI]It didn't define who I was but it sure slowed the real me from getting out
Old 09-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Have a Great day.
This should make you smile. I was driving up Wayne Gretzky Drive today and saw two dogs frolicking on a front lawn. One looked like your black dog, the other was reddish. I thought for a moment it might be your place. But then I saw the woman watching over them and she was very heavy. I also realized that the red dog was likely a young boxer. So my experience was the opposite of your neighbour, I knew the person wasn't you because she was heavy.
I hope your neighbour checks out OK with her weight loss. It is a whole different ball game when you lose and don't want to.
Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #9  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
This should make you smile. I was driving up Wayne Gretzky Drive today and saw two dogs frolicking on a front lawn. One looked like your black dog, the other was reddish. I thought for a moment it might be your place. But then I saw the woman watching over them and she was very heavy. I also realized that the red dog was likely a young boxer. So my experience was the opposite of your neighbour, I knew the person wasn't you because she was heavy.
I hope your neighbour checks out OK with her weight loss. It is a whole different ball game when you lose and don't want to.
Pat
Did make me smile.... my old girl doesn't play much anymore. You would recognize Red Dog if you saw her, she always has a ball in her mouth and chasing one, or barking at someone to throw a ball...

I really hope everything is okay with my neighbor too, she has been great support when I was having roommate issues a few years ago.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:31 AM   #10  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

[QUOTE=2RIDEROLLERCOAST;4052920]Moms are like that, but and Bella is right you always looked nice. Now me after looking at before and after pics man why didn't someone tell me... why did my eyes lie to me... feel so much better now and I know I am healthier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I am sure that you have always looked nice, it's about the health! My weight never difined "who" I was, I just feel better being less of who I was..lol[/QUOTEI]It didn't define who I was but it sure slowed the real me from getting out
RollerCoast, I had to come hunt you down!!!....I was looking at the spreadsheet and saw you lost 6.5lbs!!!!....that is awesome!!!...I know you are going to say but I gained 4 last week but that doesn't matter you lost that plus 2 more great job!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

My DH will never know how much I weighed before I started IP, but a few days ago we were talking about someone who weighs about 100 lbs. He said, "You can't weigh much more than that." I smiled like the cat that ate the canary and said, "You're close."
samyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #12  
start IP Feb 8 2011

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4053106]
Quote:
Moms are like that, but and Bella is right you always looked nice. Now me after looking at before and after pics man why didn't someone tell me... why did my eyes lie to me... feel so much better now and I know I am healthier.

RollerCoast, I had to come hunt you down!!!....I was looking at the spreadsheet and saw you lost 6.5lbs!!!!....that is awesome!!!...I know you are going to say but I gained 4 last week but that doesn't matter you lost that plus 2 more great job!!!
Thanks WUV, I have been lurking but didn't have a lot to say lately. Yes 6.5 is great and I will take it, and since I totally confused my coach I am hoping this week I will at least get a 2 or 3, would like to be in the 140s but will not get on the scale this week at all.
Thanks again.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyswan View Post
My DH will never know how much I weighed before I started IP, but a few days ago we were talking about someone who weighs about 100 lbs. He said, "You can't weigh much more than that." I smiled like the cat that ate the canary and said, "You're close."
Don't you love that!? My brother in law guessed me lower than my goal weight right now. I'll never tell.......

[QUOTE=2RIDEROLLERCOAST;4053447]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thanks WUV, I have been lurking but didn't have a lot to say lately. Yes 6.5 is great and I will take it, and since I totally confused my coach I am hoping this week I will at least get a 2 or 3, would like to be in the 140s but will not get on the scale this week at all.
Thanks again.
6.5? How did I miss that? That's awesome! I can't wait for the 140s...........
Old 09-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #14  
start IP Feb 8 2011

[QUOTE=ItsAboutTime;4053481]Don't you love that!? My brother in law guessed me lower than my goal weight right now. I'll never tell.......

Quote:

6.5? How did I miss that? That's awesome! I can't wait for the 140s...........
Thank you, I snuck it in yesterday, when no one was looking. I am getting close I can feel it.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #15  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

See I never come to this thread cuz I don't feel like I am experienced enough to be here, I do lurk in it sometimes. When I was looking at the spreadsheet I noticed it, so I knew she came on this thread so I had to come congratulate her. I knew she was feeling kinda down with the gain from the previous week so just wanted to say how proud I was of her for sticking to it
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote