3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Newbies Unite! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/245348-newbies-unite.html)

Mom3LoveBugs 10-17-2011 01:59 PM

Newbies Unite!

new to IP or just re-starting again after a hiatus?

I'm looking for other 'newbies' to chat with on this journey.... today is my first day and I would love some company!

:)

~Sara

misswinter 10-17-2011 02:07 PM

Welcome and congrats on starting the program! You will love your results. I started on 9/30/11 and I'm down over 12 pounds already and my fiance' is down over 17. You will do amazing!

Mickeymom 10-17-2011 02:10 PM

Hi. I am a newbie. Day 1 for me too. I would love some buddies to chat with. It is so great to see the posts. I am going to a cooking demo tonight I am excited about. I had the orange drink for breakfast and chicken soup for lunch with my lettuce and veggies. I am still hungry but......
Good luck to you. Keep chatting!!!

Mom3LoveBugs 10-17-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misswinter (Post 4074396)
Welcome and congrats on starting the program! You will love your results. I started on 9/30/11 and I'm down over 12 pounds already and my fiance' is down over 17. You will do amazing!

thank you so much and CONGRATS on your combined weight loss... that is amazing! :carrot:

I keep wishing away the days so that I can weigh in.... I am so ready to do this! :)

Rumblesis 10-17-2011 02:10 PM

Newbie here

I started Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2011. Just copied a ton of recipes and hints from this site!!

So how do I do a count down ticker and signature?

Mom3LoveBugs 10-17-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickeymom (Post 4074405)
Hi. I am a newbie. Day 1 for me too. I would love some buddies to chat with. It is so great to see the posts. I am going to a cooking demo tonight I am excited about. I had the orange drink for breakfast and chicken soup for lunch with my lettuce and veggies. I am still hungry but......
Good luck to you. Keep chatting!!!

hello! :welcome2:

Happy FIRST day to you! A cooking demo? That sounds like it will be amazing! I wish we had something like that where I live. Have you been drinking tons of water?? Maybe that will curb your hunger for a bit longer... :)

Wayward 10-17-2011 02:16 PM

Welcome to all the new people, you can always feel free to join our little group over at:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4074400
Many of us started back in July, but new people always seem to join our thread. It has actually quieted down since school started etc. But there are several of us that are pretty active including a couple that are down over 80 pounds. Combined I think we have a pretty good knowledge base, so feel free to drop by.
And welcome all of you to the IP diet, I think you will be happy with the results.
:bike2:

Wayward 10-17-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblesis (Post 4074408)
I started Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2011. Just copied a ton of recipes and hints from this site!!

Sorry I meant to address this in my previous post, you have to have 20 posts, and been on the boards for at least 20 days and then you can get your ticker etc.

Mom3LoveBugs 10-17-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblesis (Post 4074408)

Hi and congrats on starting! How have the first days been for you?

go to the Quick Links drop down menu and then edit profile. I believe you have to have been on this forum for 20 days and have a certain amount of posts before you can have a signature with a weight tracker and all of that. I was able to enter in my current weight and goal weight though. :)

Mom3LoveBugs 10-17-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward (Post 4074421)
Welcome to all the new people, you can always feel free to join our little group over at:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4074400
Many of us started back in July, but new people always seem to join our thread. It has actually quieted down since school started etc. But there are several of us that are pretty active including a couple that are down over 80 pounds. Combined I think we have a pretty good knowledge base, so feel free to drop by.
And welcome all of you to the IP diet, I think you will be happy with the results.
:bike2:

thanks Wayward! I read your thread all of the time.... I hope you are not offended that I started a new post to see if there any other beginners like moi... just trying to draw some lurkers out of the dark! ;)

wuv2bloved 10-17-2011 02:23 PM

Of course he doesn't mind, but I can guarantee that he and I will pop into this thread just to check on y'all, hope you don't mind. We may even through out 2 cents in and try to help y'all out :)

Mickeymom 10-17-2011 02:30 PM

Advice from senior members will always be welcome.
I like reading all the other blogs but i also like having one for people who started around the same time i did. Makes me feel like part of team. Day to day issues, concerns, wins etc.
Thanks everyone.

Mickeymom 10-17-2011 02:31 PM

I am looking forward to the cooking demo. I will let you know how it goes.

Mom3LoveBugs 10-17-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickeymom (Post 4074449)
Advice from senior members will always be welcome.
I like reading all the other blogs but i also like having one for people who started around the same time i did. Makes me feel like part of team. Day to day issues, concerns, wins etc.
Thanks everyone.

YES! ^^

please pop in and offer your advice.... that would be wonderful! I cannot (but I do!) believe the success some of you have had on IP.... CONGRATS... you ROCK!!

Rumblesis 10-17-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward (Post 4074424)
Sorry I meant to address this in my previous post, you have to have 20 posts, and been on the boards for at least 20 days and then you can get your ticker etc.

Wayward, thanks, figured out the signature, but then I found the read this first post. Your forum is not easily navigated!! But I am learning!