3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 9/30/11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/244198-ip-daily-chat-friday-9-30-11-a.html)

wuv2bloved 09-30-2011 02:13 AM

IP Daily Chat Friday 9/30/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

stolaf 09-30-2011 05:52 AM

Good morning all. I am so happy it's Friday. Last night I accidently ate a ton of salt - so this morning I am feeling like I'm retaining water. I WI tomorrow so it's EXTRA water for me today.

I am seeing a bunch of cheating talk the last few days, so I thought I'd share my party strategy in case anyone is interested.

We are going to a wine & tapas tasting tomorrow night. This happens to be at my friend's house and I'm bring 3 of the tapas (lime cilantro shrimp, meatballs and a crudite platter).

For any newbies who want to go to parties, here is my strategy....everytime I go to a party I offer to bring one or more food items. This way I know they'll be something I can have while everyone else is eating all the other non-IP food. I just don't want to feel deprived so for me it's worth helping the host out by bringing a few things with me. I also drink sparkling water in a pretty glass while everyone else is having their beer/wine.

You can go out and be social on this diet, but just plan for it up front and don't waiver from your goal.

That's my two cents...

NavyMommy 09-30-2011 07:56 AM

Good morning!! Day 1 and I failed my no scale challenge. Yesterday when I went to the doctor their scale measured me so much lighter I just had to see how it translated to my home scale. I actually went to the store yesterday and was drooling over the new ones that measure body fat percentage and water retention. Mine seems to be a good pound or two heavier then my doctors or my coaches. It was really nice though to see a number in the 180's even though my regular doctor just left and this time I got a resident who didn't even realize I seemed to skip the 190's.

I love Stolaf's advice about going to parties, and I'll add that if the party is during a meal time eat before you go and you'll be much less tempted (and have a ready to go excuse).

One question I've been meaning to ask. Is there anything special about the sea salt sold by IP coaches? When I went in last time I had SO many things I had to buy I didn't get that , but this month I should have a little room in my IP budget and I was thinking about getting it, but not if it's the same sea salt I can buy at the store. Thanks!

Maile 09-30-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4053282)
Good morning!! Day 1 and I failed my no scale challenge. Yesterday when I went to the doctor their scale measured me so much lighter I just had to see how it translated to my home scale. I actually went to the store yesterday and was drooling over the new ones that measure body fat percentage and water retention. Mine seems to be a good pound or two heavier then my doctors or my coaches. It was really nice though to see a number in the 180's even though my regular doctor just left and this time I got a resident who didn't even realize I seemed to skip the 190's.

I love Stolaf's advice about going to parties, and I'll add that if the party is during a meal time eat before you go and you'll be much less tempted (and have a ready to go excuse).

One question I've been meaning to ask. Is there anything special about the sea salt sold by IP coaches? When I went in last time I had SO many things I had to buy I didn't get that , but this month I should have a little room in my IP budget and I was thinking about getting it, but not if it's the same sea salt I can buy at the store. Thanks!

Navymom..I just buy sea salf from the store, I don't know anything special about it.
If you are thinking about getting a new scale go to Amazon.com and look at the scales and then study the reviews. What I was looking for was a scale that matched other scales and that weighed the same everytime. They will give you good advice if you are buying one. I got an Eat Smart scale which works well.

Hey at least you weigh less on other scales. That is fun!

Maile 09-30-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stolaf (Post 4053209)
Good morning all. I am so happy it's Friday. Last night I accidently ate a ton of salt - so this morning I am feeling like I'm retaining water. I WI tomorrow so it's EXTRA water for me today.

I am seeing a bunch of cheating talk the last few days, so I thought I'd share my party strategy in case anyone is interested.

We are going to a wine & tapas tasting tomorrow night. This happens to be at my friend's house and I'm bring 3 of the tapas (lime cilantro shrimp, meatballs and a crudite platter).

For any newbies who want to go to parties, here is my strategy....everytime I go to a party I offer to bring one or more food items. This way I know they'll be something I can have while everyone else is eating all the other non-IP food. I just don't want to feel deprived so for me it's worth helping the host out by bringing a few things with me. I also drink sparkling water in a pretty glass while everyone else is having their beer/wine.

You can go out and be social on this diet, but just plan for it up front and don't waiver from your goal.

That's my two cents...

Stolaf..That is excellent advice. I do the same. I offer to bring something to make sure that I have something OP to eat. Sometimes I bring a salad. Costco has Talking Rain in individual flavored bottles which I also use in place of wine.
I was wondering how you made your meatballs. I have seen recipes using a packet, but I wanted to make one without packets. Any ideas?

Today is Friday. Hooray!

sandyh50 09-30-2011 08:18 AM

Happy Friday everyone! It is so funny that the nights I have Big Mac in a Bowl and a Pure Protein Bar I feel like I am cheating, but I'm not!!! I do feel like I need to have some fish meals in the next few nights, I have been slacking off on those, just hungry for red meat.

Have a great day! Can you believe tomorrow is October?!!

NavyMommy 09-30-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4053301)
Hey at least you weigh less on other scales. That is fun!

Haha yeah, it does take a bit of the dread of getting on the scale at the doctor's office away. My coach just uses a Biggest Loser scale. Thanks for the tip, I'll go look at Amazon!

Bellamack 09-30-2011 08:21 AM

Good Morning IPer's

Today (this afternoon) is WI #13, I am hoping for a decent loss, we shall see.

NavyMommy, I found the Real Salt that IP sells at a Mennonite store in a big container for the same price as the little container, so I bought a couple. I do know different places sell it on-line cheaper also. Just search RealSalt.com. I think maybe Vitacost & Amazon both have the large size. I then refill my little container for "on-the-go"

Wayward & Wuv are going to be my coaches after next week, as I am switching to alternatives. I also plan to pick ItsAboutTime's brain. Actually, what products are you using ItsAboutTime? Let me know your favs!

Well, I have to go get a "move-on", so I can accomplish something today. I will post WI results later this afternoon. Have a wonderful day :)

Maile 09-30-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyh50 (Post 4053309)
Happy Friday everyone! It is so funny that the nights I have Big Mac in a Bowl and a Pure Protein Bar I feel like I am cheating, but I'm not!!! I do feel like I need to have some fish meals in the next few nights, I have been slacking off on those, just hungry for red meat.

Have a great day! Can you believe tomorrow is October?!!

Yes..It is amazing how quickly the month has passed. I have Halloween directions up already in my room. The kids are starting to talk about costumes and scary things.

I love the big Mac in a bowl. It makes you feel like you are eating something special.

soccermom9799 09-30-2011 08:25 AM

I buy the same exact sea salt and get it at Meijer. It comes in a big pouch that you can refill your shaker with. Very inexpensive compared to the small one from IP.

Maile 09-30-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4053315)
Good Morning IPer's

NavyMommy, I found the Real Salt that IP sells at a Mennonite store in a big container for the same price as the little container, so I bought a couple. I do know different places sell it on-line cheaper also. Just search RealSalt.com. I think maybe Vitacost & Amazon both have the large size. I then refill my little container for "on-the-go"

Wayward & Wuv are going to be my coaches after next week, as I am switching to alternatives. I also plan to pick ItsAboutTime's brain. Actually, what products are you using ItsAboutTime? Let me know your favs!

Well, I have to go get a "move-on", so I can accomplish something today. I will post WI results later this afternoon. Have a wonderful day :)

Good luck on your weigh in today. Don't forget to check the sticky for more ideas on alternative eating productions. I know that Netritition.com and Nashua, and Lindora are popular.

Busymomx4 09-30-2011 08:32 AM

TGIF everyone. TOM is starting today and i'm all crampy and bloated so a gain for sure tomorrow as i will feel ever worse on day 2. I will try the lemon and hot water tonight for sure. I already drink 5 liters of water a day so i don't think i could handle more water to help with the bloating.

Congrats to all the losses and NSV!

Busymomx4 09-30-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4053315)
Good Morning IPer's

Good luck at you WI, hope you get results that make you happy. I too think you should go to alternatives right away, it will be easier then to start again in a few months.

sandralosingweight 09-30-2011 08:44 AM

Good morning everyone,

I really don't know what is happening to my body, not that I am complaining: my ''official'' weigh in is on a Thursday, and it seems like always the day after I lose more :)! That being said, since I weigh myself everyday (an old habit that would not die), I discovered that I lost another 1.6 pounds which brought me to 205.6 today! I cannot believe it and actually I am still not catching up, still when I talk about it, for a second, I mention my weight to be 227 or 225, but then I realize it: NO it is 205 NOT two twenty something! God, I cannot believe I almost lost 45 pounds by now and counting.

I was dreaming so much about hitting Onederland, but for a strange reason, now that I am approaching it, it seems to me like nothing ! I am very proud of what I achieved so far, but still... I need to lose another 60 pounds and for the first time in my life I know I WILL.

Thank you Stolaf for your tips on how to survive social events, I am so weak confronting these and I fell in temptation more than once, so I will use your trick and try to survive it next time.

Hope everyone is doing great and will have a wonderful weekend :)

alexandallismom 09-30-2011 08:59 AM

Good morning everyone!

Last nights Big Mac in a bowl and turnip fries were a huge success! Tasted delicious and really just like a Big Mac. My plate was overflowing with it and the 2 cups of turnip fries. My husband loved it too. The kids were like "what's wrong with the fries?" but they ate them all! This was the first time I ate red meat since starting and it was delicious, I want to make it again soon!

Today is another crisp sunny day in the Maritimes. I so love this weather. I want to be outside all the time. I think we'll head to the cottage for the weekend if not going to rain.

Stolaf, I love your ideas for dealing with parties. I stopes going to my girls night out because it's wine and food, but now I know how to do it right. Thank you.

Have a great day everyone. Good luck to all those who WI today and to all those NSV also. :)