3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 9/30/11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/244198-ip-daily-chat-friday-9-30-11-a.html)

Busymomx4 09-30-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuu (Post 4053661)
It's been a hard week for me for some reason. I really really want some cheesy pizza and doritos for some reason. This diet is difficult with kids. My 8yr old wanted McDonalds yesterday but I explained that it would be torture for me to have to smell that and watch her eat them because I can not have them. She said ok and she didnt want that. Such good supporters but I try not to limit their meals. It is also hard because I have to cook their meals and my own. Adds a bit more work to my already heavy workload.
It is a good thing I don't like mac and cheese, lol

She is so sweet and i can understand adding to your workload. I have 4 kids and work fulltime and when i get home I often make 2-3 different meals for dinner for everyone than i make mine when everyone's done so i can eat in peace, lol. I still get them pizza and McD cause i don't find anything tempting anymore so it will get easier.

I can't wait to be out of the 200's too!

Ryuu 09-30-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4053686)
She is so sweet and i can understand adding to your workload. I have 4 kids and work fulltime and when i get home I often make 2-3 different meals for dinner for everyone than i make mine when everyone's done so i can eat in peace, lol. I still get them pizza and McD cause i don't find anything tempting anymore so it will get easier.

Hopefully I will get to the point of not being tempted anymore. I did cook them a frozen pizza last night. That was ok but I really want a nice pizza hut pizza. I have 2 girls and work part-time as a school bus driver and go to college full-time.
I am sure the cravings will go away soon. Only thing that is keeping my hand out of the chip bag is the results of this diet. I am already a size smaller and i feel so much better.

kelly1962 09-30-2011 12:28 PM

I didnt lose any weight this week at my WI but i didnt care because after 3 weeks of no inches lost, i finally lost 3 inches!! Finally, my going to the gym paid off. I imagine the no weight loss is due to the fact that i probably gained some muscle. I know the bad lbs(fat) will come off....
Have a great weekend everyone!

alexandallismom 09-30-2011 01:43 PM

Well I just scored! I woman in my city had placed a classified ad on kijiji like craig's list. She is pregnant and cannot do ip anymore. I got 22 pouches of puddings, drinks, spaghetti, and bars. Also a brand new bottleof 1000 islands dressing and a brand new bottle of liquid cal mag. All this for $55. :). I was so upset yesterday having to buy another bottle of dressing at $8. And this just comes to me! Yay! I'm so excited. I'm happy she didn't quit the program for no good reason. When I went to pick up though she looked like about 120lbs and 4 months pregnant:o

wuv2bloved 09-30-2011 01:54 PM

Looks like we had a lot going on this morning already at 4 pages and its just noon for me, that is great. Lots of support going on which is wonderful and had a few awesome WI's which is fantastic!! I figured I would write my part up here before I start commenting on a few post and writing a book...haha. My youngest is coming in from college for the weekend, already have a big pot of red beans cooking for supper tonight, its what he asked for and since his birthday was on the 27th I figured I would make it for him. Found out yesterday the EX is coming in town from La so spend time with him as well, so I will probably just stay home and let them go do something. The ex still see us as a family and it is TOTALLY not like that!....anyways I hope everyone has a wonderful 100% OP day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4053282)
Good morning!! Day 1 and I failed my no scale challenge. Yesterday when I went to the doctor their scale measured me so much lighter I just had to see how it translated to my home scale. I actually went to the store yesterday and was drooling over the new ones that measure body fat percentage and water retention. Mine seems to be a good pound or two heavier then my doctors or my coaches. It was really nice though to see a number in the 180's even though my regular doctor just left and this time I got a resident who didn't even realize I seemed to skip the 190's.

I love Stolaf's advice about going to parties, and I'll add that if the party is during a meal time eat before you go and you'll be much less tempted (and have a ready to go excuse).

One question I've been meaning to ask. Is there anything special about the sea salt sold by IP coaches? When I went in last time I had SO many things I had to buy I didn't get that , but this month I should have a little room in my IP budget and I was thinking about getting it, but not if it's the same sea salt I can buy at the store. Thanks!

My coach said we can any type of sea salt just make sure it wasn't bleached. How can you tell? if it is solid white, if you notice the real seal salt we get from IP is a tannish color and has some darker grains of salt in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4053359)
Good morning everyone,

I really don't know what is happening to my body, not that I am complaining: my ''official'' weigh in is on a Thursday, and it seems like always the day after I lose more :)! That being said, since I weigh myself everyday (an old habit that would not die), I discovered that I lost another 1.6 pounds which brought me to 205.6 today! I cannot believe it and actually I am still not catching up, still when I talk about it, for a second, I mention my weight to be 227 or 225, but then I realize it: NO it is 205 NOT two twenty something! God, I cannot believe I almost lost 45 pounds by now and counting.

I was dreaming so much about hitting Onederland, but for a strange reason, now that I am approaching it, it seems to me like nothing ! I am very proud of what I achieved so far, but still... I need to lose another 60 pounds and for the first time in my life I know I WILL.

Thank you Stolaf for your tips on how to survive social events, I am so weak confronting these and I fell in temptation more than once, so I will use your trick and try to survive it next time.

Hope everyone is doing great and will have a wonderful weekend :)

Sandra you just have to put your MIND in the right place YOU can go and enjoy yourself and NOT eat the bad food or drink the wine. Bring yourself your own wine glass and add some water with lemon or lime or add some MIO to it and no one would ever know the difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4053403)
Oh, and from yesterday's chat......

WUV: You totally need to open a clinic. You would be the most amazing coach! Also, thanks for the lemon tip. I will deff. try that! Are we just supposed to do it the night before weigh in or does it help to do it more often?

Thanks! I am really thinking hard about it, REALLY hard! I dont' really know about the lemon thing I think I would do it the night before my WI and the morning of my WI. Will have to try it next week. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4053597)
Oh, and I make sure they have at least 10g of protein but most have 15.

I have to share, my sister in law's sister who just started the Atkins products with the IP plan had her first weigh in and lost 15lbs! She is pretty big but I'm so proud of her! :carrot:

It is great how so many people have taken your lead, seeing how well you have done on the program. I am sure you are helping them by just doing so well with your progress, Congrats for hanging in there and eating all of your food!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonz (Post 4053640)
It's been awile since I posted but I've been lurking and everyone is doing great. I have a question, does it really matter how we get our 3 IP products, protein and 4 cups of veggies? I started out doing according to the protocol sheet but now I'm finding that I prefer this schedule:
B - IP egg or cereal
L - lots of lettuce & 5-7 oz of some type of protein
S - IP pudding or drink
D - 4 cups of roasted veggies & IP drink

Do you think this is appropriate?

I honestly don't think it matters just as long as you are getting what you need in. I would split my protein up with lunch and dinner, I don't think I could eat 4 cups of veggies at one time....lol...I have a hard enough time eating the 2!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuu (Post 4053695)
Hopefully I will get to the point of not being tempted anymore. I did cook them a frozen pizza last night. That was ok but I really want a nice pizza hut pizza. I have 2 girls and work part-time as a school bus driver and go to college full-time.
I am sure the cravings will go away soon. Only thing that is keeping my hand out of the chip bag is the results of this diet. I am already a size smaller and i feel so much better.

The cravings will go away but you will still SMELL that food and it will tempt you BUT you have to be stronger than that smell and resist it. Once you reach your goal you can have a piece. Just think of it as a reward once you reach your goal. We will have lots of food that will face us head on everyday, we just have to rise above it and CONQUER that feeling!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1962 (Post 4053716)
I didnt lose any weight this week at my WI but i didnt care because after 3 weeks of no inches lost, i finally lost 3 inches!! Finally, my going to the gym paid off. I imagine the no weight loss is due to the fact that i probably gained some muscle. I know the bad lbs(fat) will come off....
Have a great weekend everyone!

great attitude to have, inches are just as good as pounds going down! How many packets are you eating a day when you go to the gym? If you are only eating 3 you may want to up it to 4, just a suggestion.

Bubu4eva30 09-30-2011 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=odirish;4053630]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubu4eva30 (Post 4053618)
Well today is a beautiful day in PA nice and sunny and high 72 my kind of weather. Me and hubby are going to Farmers market to get some veggies and meat, fish. Tonight is girl time getting my nails done. Today I am feeling pretty good getting out the rut of losing my job and focusing on getting healthier. Thanks for all the support and suggestions. You are what keeps me motivated to keep losing. I need to lose so next year I can plan to get prego we want to start a family my weight is just holding us up.

I hope everyone is doing well today.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7jKRnk/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...Rnk/weight.png

Bubu
Can I ask where you are from in Pa.? I am from Middletown near Hershey.

I am from Reading Pa!

leganegan 09-30-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4053282)
Good morning!! Day 1 and I failed my no scale challenge. Yesterday when I went to the doctor their scale measured me so much lighter I just had to see how it translated to my home scale. I actually went to the store yesterday and was drooling over the new ones that measure body fat percentage and water retention. Mine seems to be a good pound or two heavier then my doctors or my coaches. It was really nice though to see a number in the 180's even though my regular doctor just left and this time I got a resident who didn't even realize I seemed to skip the 190's.

I love Stolaf's advice about going to parties, and I'll add that if the party is during a meal time eat before you go and you'll be much less tempted (and have a ready to go excuse).

One question I've been meaning to ask. Is there anything special about the sea salt sold by IP coaches? When I went in last time I had SO many things I had to buy I didn't get that , but this month I should have a little room in my IP budget and I was thinking about getting it, but not if it's the same sea salt I can buy at the store. Thanks!

I buy the Real Salt at my grocery store and they have it in a big bag, so i just refill my container.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4053334)
TGIF everyone. TOM is starting today and i'm all crampy and bloated so a gain for sure tomorrow as i will feel ever worse on day 2. I will try the lemon and hot water tonight for sure. I already drink 5 liters of water a day so i don't think i could handle more water to help with the bloating.

Congrats to all the losses and NSV!

I started TOM too. we are on same schedule. Joy. Don't take the gain personally if there is one. you know it's not you. :) I might copy your warm water and lemon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scpnme (Post 4053390)
As i am new here...and not all that techy, I have two questions...

1. I posted a picture but it does not seem to be showing up on my posts. Did I do something wrong or is it like the ticker...you don't get a picture for "x" amount of time?

2. I cannot find the Big Mac in a Bowl recipe. I am sure that it is on here many times, but would someone either walk me through how to find it or re-post it? Just the name makes my mouth water!!! :p

3. Okay I am throwing in a questions that I asked yesterday but no one responded to...has anyone ever had an entire day of eating IP foods...last night I was not very hungry but had a craving for the Salt & Vinegar Ridges. So, I gave in thinking that eating that was better than not eating at all. I have been 100% OP until last night when I didn't have a "real" dinner with meat and veggies. I weighed myself this morning and am down a pound...so I am thinking it didn't hurt, but am definitely not going to make a habit out of it.

I really appreciate this forum. I have so many questions and many times they are answered...with amazing support to boot, right here!!! Thank you all for not knowingly encouraging me!!! :) It is so appreciated!!!

I think you are okay with having the IP product instead of your protein. Just don't do it all the time. Or add an egg if you do it. Just to make sure you get enough nutrients. Have the IP is better than not eating any at night at all. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4053597)
Oh, and I make sure they have at least 10g of protein but most have 15.

I have to share, my sister in law's sister who just started the Atkins products with the IP plan had her first weigh in and lost 15lbs! She is pretty big but I'm so proud of her! :carrot:

:bravo: to you sis-n-law! She is so lucky to have you as a support system and living proof that it works!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuu (Post 4053661)
I was reading your post and thinking that it must feel so good to say that you have lost so much. I am currently just above your start weight and I can not wait to get down below 200. Your right there, just a few days away from leaving the terrible two's. I am jealous but yet inspired and motivated to continue as I see the changes in others.

It's been a hard week for me for some reason. I really really want some cheesy pizza and doritos for some reason. This diet is difficult with kids. My 8yr old wanted McDonalds yesterday but I explained that it would be torture for me to have to smell that and watch her eat them because I can not have them. She said ok and she didnt want that. Such good supporters but I try not to limit their meals. It is also hard because I have to cook their meals and my own. Adds a bit more work to my already heavy workload.
It is a good thing I don't like mac and cheese, lol

Hang in there, i am sure it must be challenging. soon you will enjoy cooking the forbidden food for family and not crave it at all!! maybe chew gum or fill tummy with water or tea. Maybe have the white cheddar curls when you crave cheese or doritos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandallismom (Post 4053811)
Well I just scored! I woman in my city had placed a classified ad on kijiji like craig's list. She is pregnant and cannot do ip anymore. I got 22 pouches of puddings, drinks, spaghetti, and bars. Also a brand new bottleof 1000 islands dressing and a brand new bottle of liquid cal mag. All this for $55. :). I was so upset yesterday having to buy another bottle of dressing at $8. And this just comes to me! Yay! I'm so excited. I'm happy she didn't quit the program for no good reason. When I went to pick up though she looked like about 120lbs and 4 months pregnant:o

:broc: that's so exciting for you! good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great find. And even more exciting that she still looks good. :) encouraging.

sandralosingweight 09-30-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Good for you :)

I love Kijiji, we can find everything on it, can't we?

Bubu4eva30 09-30-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4053621)
They are just Atkins ready to drink shakes. I use vanilla in my coffee and drink the milk chocolate on ice. I used to hate the choc but now I love it on ice. There is also a caramel cafe, mocha latte, dark choc, strawberry and I think that's it. I was drinking the mocha latte and the caramel one but now I don't care for them. They are across from the EAS at my Walmart and Target both.

What is EAS? Is there anything special I need to look for on the shakes? Do I replace them for IP? I used to use Jay Rob before I went on the program his stuff is pretty good and very high in protein. :carrot:

leganegan 09-30-2011 02:20 PM

well, Tom has arrived. (hate these weeks while on IP).
I have a Gala tomorrow, but since I know the event venue manager, I explained my diet and he said he will take care of my plate and make sure it's OP. :) I love drinking water in a wine glass too. Everyone should do that at events and parties. I might just drink my mango shake out of the wine glass after dinner, I have no shame now. :hat:
I must say Tampa Bay is rather excited about our Rays Baseball team. I got tickets for Mondays game so I will have to reschedule my WI. ...tempting to want beer at the field, but I'll just chew gum and take pepper slices and water. It will be nice to not feel fat at a game for once and feel cute in a Rays t-shirt (they make those team shirts so darn fitting!)
Go Rays :cheer3: (sorry Red Sox fans)....

Bubu4eva30 09-30-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4053686)

My husband was busy and I went shopping he wanted Wendy so I picked it up for him and it smelled soooo good but all I can think is how fatten it was and that why I'm in this spot now and keep it moving. He makes yummy stuff and I just eat my salad. My brother were eating chinese the other day and I wanted some so bad but I was just sitting there telling them they are eating a lot of calories and trying to convince themselves it wasn't back I was just laughing saying ok think what u want because it was fatty stuff in sauces and rice and egg rolls it really changes my mind about food. The only thing I really want is my Mexican food I love on the border salsa and tacos. I will wait for my day when I'm down to my final goal for that......

It takes strength and we all can do it ;)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 09-30-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonz (Post 4053640)
It's been awile since I posted but I've been lurking and everyone is doing great. I have a question, does it really matter how we get our 3 IP products, protein and 4 cups of veggies? I started out doing according to the protocol sheet but now I'm finding that I prefer this schedule:
B - IP egg or cereal
L - lots of lettuce & 5-7 oz of some type of protein
S - IP pudding or drink
D - 4 cups of roasted veggies & IP drink

Do you think this is appropriate?

yes you can change your lunch and dinner around but you should be having 2 cups of veggies at lunch and 2 at supper, even though you don't see it as a big deal it is and it is suppose to help you stay full until supper.:hug:

wuv2bloved 09-30-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Great find there for sure!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubu4eva30 (Post 4053891)
My husband was busy and I went shopping he wanted Wendy so I picked it up for him and it smelled soooo good but all I can think is how fatten it was and that why I'm in this spot now and keep it moving. He makes yummy stuff and I just eat my salad. My brother were eating chinese the other day and I wanted some so bad but I was just sitting there telling them they are eating a lot of calories and trying to convince themselves it wasn't back I was just laughing saying ok think what u want because it was fatty stuff in sauces and rice and egg rolls it really changes my mind about food. The only thing I really want is my Mexican food I love on the border salsa and tacos. I will wait for my day when I'm down to my final goal for that......

It takes strength and we all can do it ;)

Ya know, just because you are on a diet doesn't mean you can't fancy your food up as well. Decorate your plate when you eat it by that I mean spread your food out make it look tempting. When I fix my food I just don't plop it on my plate I make it look appetizing. I'll have my meat, veggies, cut a cucumber in spears and put around my plate or I use pickled okra. Drizzle your salad dressing instead of pouring it on your salad.

When I first started I went eat Mexican with my boys and had the Fajata salad with no sour cream or guacamole, no cheese only the spices from the meat and that was enough for me. Order it the way you want too, You can have salsa in moderation! When you go out to eat just remember what you can have and order it that way. My boys laugh at me when I order a salad and start saying I ONLY want this and that. Then once I get it I pull out my salad dressing out of my purse and use it, also went I go out to eat I will bring my MIO and order water then put 1-2 squirts in it. Its all in your mind, if you put your mind totally into it you can accomplish anything!

YvetteSki 09-30-2011 02:58 PM

I am SO glad to be home. I had the best sleep ever last night. Travelling was tough this time as I was not able to hold any food down on Monday but I'm feeling a lot better now. I did weigh myself on Wednesday on my sisters scale and was very pleased to be down another 4lbs. I can't get over how well this program works when you stick to it.

Still no cheats and don't plan on having any in the future either. My hubby and kids were eating rolo ice cream, pizza and spaghetti yesterday. I wasn't even tempted at all. I have to say, I think I'll be too scared to eat stuff like that due to stomach aches and weight gain...lol.

Happy Friday and have a great OP day!! I can't wait till my official weigh in next week.

wuv2bloved 09-30-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YvetteSki (Post 4053941)
I am SO glad to be home. I had the best sleep ever last night. Travelling was tough this time as I was not able to hold any food down on Monday but I'm feeling a lot better now. I did weigh myself on Wednesday on my sisters scale and was very pleased to be down another 4lbs. I can't get over how well this program works when you stick to it.

Still no cheats and don't plan on having any in the future either. My hubby and kids were eating rolo ice cream, pizza and spaghetti yesterday. I wasn't even tempted at all. I have to say, I think I'll be too scared to eat stuff like that due to stomach aches and weight gain...lol.

Happy Friday and have a great OP day!! I can't wait till my official weigh in next week.

Glad to see you are back, you were missed!! and down another 4lbs that is awesome. I am like you I think I will be afraid to eat anything I used to eat once I get to goal. My brother made it to goal and was on phase 2 this week and when he weighed in he gained 2 lbs. He did have a tiny piece of cake and a 1/4 of a chicken salad sandwich at the wedding. His coach said it was ok, so she put him on phase 3 this week to see what he will do.