Old 04-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/184/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Muscle Fatigue?

Hey everybody. I've been OP for 10 days any my legs and arms feel so fatigued that I have a hard time just blow drying my hair and walking to my car. Has anybody else had this problem? I don't know if it's the diet or something else. Thanks for the help! I love this forum.
lmlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

are you taking your vitamins, especially the cal/potassium?
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I had some week 1, but only during intense exercise. Make sure you use the salt and drink the water, plus the potassium and cal mag.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

You may not be getting enough to eat. IP is very low cal. Try adding an extra pack (up to 5 total in a day). Eat everything you're allowed - ALL veggies, salad, 8 oz of meat/protein for evening meal. Take all your supps and drink tons of water.

Also, are you on any other following meds? Blood pressure, meds to lower blood sugar, thyroid, just to name a few. I know I had to stop taking several of the meds I was on within the 1st week of IP. All the issues I had were related to the fact that I ate crap all the time. When I stopped eating crap, I didn't need the meds. Please tell your doc what kind of program you're on.

Can you post the last few day's items so we can get a better idea what you're eating? This was my daily intake yesterday.

B: Cupp drink
L: Peach Mango Drink, 1 cucumber
S; 1 cucumber
D: 8 oz steak, 2 cups broccoli
S: Jello - hot (cuz I was freezing!)

Looking forward to hearing from you to help you out.
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
You may not be getting enough to eat. IP is very low cal. Try adding an extra pack (up to 5 total in a day). Eat everything you're allowed - ALL veggies, salad, 8 oz of meat/protein for evening meal. Take all your supps and drink tons of water.

Also, are you on any other following meds? Blood pressure, meds to lower blood sugar, thyroid, just to name a few. I know I had to stop taking several of the meds I was on within the 1st week of IP. All the issues I had were related to the fact that I ate crap all the time. When I stopped eating crap, I didn't need the meds. Please tell your doc what kind of program you're on.

Can you post the last few day's items so we can get a better idea what you're eating? This was my daily intake yesterday.

B: Cupp drink
L: Peach Mango Drink, 1 cucumber
S; 1 cucumber
D: 8 oz steak, 2 cups broccoli
S: Jello - hot (cuz I was freezing!)

Looking forward to hearing from you to help you out.
Well I'm doing the alternative diet, but yes I'm taking my supplements. I am on blood pressure, beta blocker, diuretic, and thyroid. WOW I hate writing that.

This is what I eat every day.

EAS shake in morning

lunch:
3 oz lean protein and 2 cups of veggies

dinner:
5-8 oz lean protein and 2 cups of veggies

and a protein bar for snack.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

That sounds like low BP to me. I would probably just wait it out and increase your water intake, however, since you are on meds...I would be cautious. Do you have a home BP monitor? This diet is a natural diuretic and can really mess up your pressure, particularly if you are on a beta blocker and diuretic already. Please monitor your pressure routinely during this diet. Your meds may need to be adjusted throughout. You may also be particularly sensitive to water intake and may need even more K then the standard person. (K is excreted in large amounts when diuresing). Probably should speak with your doctor too.
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
That sounds like low BP to me. I would probably just wait it out and increase your water intake, however, since you are on meds...I would be cautious. Do you have a home BP monitor? This diet is a natural diuretic and can really mess up your pressure, particularly if you are on a beta blocker and diuretic already. Please monitor your pressure routinely during this diet. Your meds may need to be adjusted throughout. You may also be particularly sensitive to water intake and may need even more K then the standard person. (K is excreted in large amounts when diuresing). Probably should speak with your doctor too.
I didn't even realize that was a symptom. I do have a monitor at home so I'll check it first thing. Thanks everybody for all the great information. This a great forum.