Old 09-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #1  
My friends call me Darrel

S/C/G: 414/314/215

Height: 6'2"

Default How to "try different packets"?

I've read how some try this or that packet. At my clinic I have to purchase them by the box. First week they gave me a variety to try different things. But now I get three boxes each week. My second visit I bought a week extra just to have some choices but I can't do that every week. So I can't really "try" anything. If I don't like a flavor I'm stuck with it for a week. Right now I'm stuck with the tomato basil soup. I didn't like it at all but I have the rest of the box to use up.

How do you "try" something? Can you get individual packets at your clinic?
tykesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

My clinic sells individual packets which I really like, but they seem to be more expensive than what everyone else pays. It's funny because I wouldn't mind buying by the box since I eat the same thing every day. Especially if it saved me a few dollars!

Do you know anyone else on IP? Could you maybe go in with them and split up some boxes? Even if you just bought an extra box here and there if you eat a couple out of each you would wind up with a better variety.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:36 AM   #3  

I wouldn't mind trading but I don't know anybody on it. The clinic has talked about doing some sort of community support thing. They have a Facebook page but nobody posts there. I have my visit tomorrow. Maybe I'll ask if they will sell me separates.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I know there has been a few people on here that trade with each other. I have to get mine by the box as well. When I told my coach I didn't like something she would let me come and switch it out for something else. I buy pretty much the same thing all the time. I NEVER buy any of the soups, I am not a soup person at all. I know my clinic started selling some individual packets and I think its from people not liking something and trading it in for something else. They are like $4.75 a piece.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #5  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Definitely ask to trade those soups for something else. All they can do is say no. I bought 2 weeks worth of food one week for variety and every once in a while buy 4 boxes. Lately, I've been lazy and have been drinking the drinks and just doing pudding for snack. I've been too busy to prepare the other packets in addition to the vegetables. Seems like all I do is chop things, lol. I mainly think it's my attitude about food that's changing. It seems I'm just eating to fuel my body, not really for comfort or enjoyment. That's probably a good thing for me.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197.6/194.6/140

Height: 5'4

My clinic lets you buy individual packets or by the box and it is the same price per packet either way. They were letting us trade something we did not like but now they restrict that to the first two weeks only. I could not stand the puddings so I had traded them all within my first two weeks.
Greekgirldea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #7  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I know there has been a few people on here that trade with each other. I have to get mine by the box as well. When I told my coach I didn't like something she would let me come and switch it out for something else. I buy pretty much the same thing all the time. I NEVER buy any of the soups, I am not a soup person at all. I know my clinic started selling some individual packets and I think its from people not liking something and trading it in for something else. They are like $4.75 a piece.
I'm not a soup person either, but I really liked the broccoli and cream (whatever it's called.)
odirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #8  

I can't believe how different each clinic is in how they do things. Ideal Protein supports the idea of selling by the packet and they shouldn't be sold at a higher cost then by the box. Its my understanding that they should be sold at the price set by ideal protein and its in the consultation fee that the individual clinics are able to decide what they charge. I know the clinic I started with didn't sell individuals unless they had a box open already but I've set mine up that every box is open so you can mix and match or buy the whole box. It makes inventory easier when people aren't buying a whole box too and besides its so much nicer to have a variety. I know that I tend to eat the same things most of the time but its nice to have some different options when your feeling like it.
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Its funny, I hated the soups when I started this program 7 months ago...but I tried them again recently and I love the mushroom one now. I've started trying a few others as well that I originally didn't like...and finding I do now. Funny I think my tastes are changing...or just the fact that I'm used to these foods and not comparing them to what they are trying to imitate.
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #10  

When I went in today he let me trade the 5 tomato soups for something else. No problem.
6.8 lbs lost on week 2!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #11  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Clinic sells by individual packets too, and allows exchanges as well. The only thing they don't sell individually are the RTD items. Another area clinic sells not only all the packets and RTD items they also sell WF items in bottles and in single serving packets.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #12  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

I have to drive about an hour away to my clinic (I chose this one over a closer one after talking to them on the phone-this coach was very friendly, the other -very business like). Good choice for me. I can get individual packets or boxes PLUS she always asks what 1-2 things I would like to try if I haven't tried it! Free of charge. Two weeks ago she gave me the dill pickle zippers and the new vanilla drink packet. This week I am trying the cookies -n- cream bar and the chocolate chip cookies. I know--lucky me. I'm not one to snack on bars and crunchy stuff (even before this) so I haven't tried any yet but am looking forward to it.
doublebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/198/130

Height: 5'0"

My coach lets me try a set of 7 different packets of the same type of foods-chips for example -I can try two of each kind. I have to pay for them. What I can't do is bring anything back
happy2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

My clinic has a trade bucket out. Not sure if there is a set process, but I would assume take one/give one.

When you get your chocolate chip cookies, microwave them for 15 seconds. Heaven!

I have been saving mine for weigh-in day as a reward. Cookie #3 tomorrow hopefully
karikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #15  
Restarted 3/1/2013

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

My clinic also has a trade bucket, which was nice when I bought a box of soup and ended up hating it.
Nibblet is offline   Reply With Quote