3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 9/27 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243953-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-9-27-a.html)

NavyMommy 09-27-2011 08:01 AM

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 9/27

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Maile 09-27-2011 08:16 AM

Good morning IPERS. I have been OP on Phase 2 for close to a week. My WI is tomorrow.

Last night I was asked to be an inspirational speaker at my gym Boot camp. It involved describing my weight loss journey of 9 months in front of strangers. I hope it helped some people and I received lots of compliments....but afterwards, I am the one who felt very emotional and exposed.

Off to exercise in the dark! Have a great Tuesday.

NavyMommy 09-27-2011 08:19 AM

Good morning!!

I actually debated starting this about 2:30am when I was still up, but I'm in the central time zone and realize it's not 'technically' everywhere, so I decided to wait.

I SO need to take a non-scale week (heck even a non scale day) challenge!! I don't know why I weigh myself every morning, other than leftover habit from past diets, but it's not going to change anything on IP. I was pleasantly surprised to see it down a bit this morning with how late I was up, and all the soy sauce that was in my dinner last night. I knew I would be retaining water like mad.

This week I got 7 of the cappuccinos and I'm loving it! Brewed a black cup of coffee and put it in a big glass, then mixed my shake and poured it from my blender into the glass and it is delicious! I love getting a nice warm (BIG) drink for breakfast! Plus that cuts out some of the Splenda I was using in my coffee so that's a good thing.

Does anyone know if there are any actual limits on herbal tea? Last night I had at least 6 cups trying to get sleepy. It was the Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla, I know herbal tea is alright, I just hope I didn't overdo it!

Well it's going to be a long day over here (I only slept from 3-6, but the kiddos don't know that), so I better jump right into it!

GL to those with WIs today, and I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

Maile 09-27-2011 08:24 AM

Hi Navymom,
Great news on the scale going down even with the soy sauce. I am a daily weigher also!
My coach said unlimited herbal tea. I drink lots of it also..
Good luck on your day with such little sleep!

NavyMommy 09-27-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4048584)
Last night I was asked to be an inspirational speaker at my gym Boot camp. It involved describing my weight loss journey of 9 months in front of strangers. I hope it helped some people and I received lots of compliments....but afterwards, I am the one who felt very emotional and exposed.

Wow, that's awesome! Have you been doing a lot of boot camp type exercises in addition to IP? I'm sure you were a great inspiration to many, just look at how far you've come!!

stolaf 09-27-2011 08:33 AM

Good morning all, I am working from home today and started my work day at 6am so I am taking a break to have my breakfast of chocolate shake in the blender with ice. It always reminds me of an ice cream shake when I use the blender.

Have a super day everyone.

sandyh50 09-27-2011 09:05 AM

Good morning all! I had a tough day at school yesterday but I didn't eat over it! I love my cappuccino in the morning with a cup of coffee! I buy 7 packs every week! I think it is something I am always going to want around unless I find a cheaper alternative. I weigh in tomorrow so I am excited for the Whoosh Fairy to come and get me to the 40 pound mark. That might be wishful thinking but a girl gets to dream.

Have a great day!

leganegan 09-27-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Good morning IPERS. I have been OP on Phase 2 for close to a week. My WI is tomorrow.

I am so proud of you! What an honor. It took a lot of courage for you to do that. Of course you felt emotional afterwards. It made you say it out loud, I bet you almost felt naked. But let me tell you, you are so much stronger than you think. And I am sure you motivated so many people, whether it be to lose weight, or just start/or stop something they are in denial about.

Congrats on your journey and transformation inside and out!:D:hug:

leganegan 09-27-2011 09:11 AM

Well, I drove in nasty weather yesterday to my Week 10 weigh in... and I lost 5.4lbs!!!! Inches didn't budge too much, but after 1lb gain last week. I am so happy. Especially with TOM coming this weekend...
Total in ten weeks is 27lbs. 15lbs to go seems attainable now. My coaches goal is to get me through Phase 3 by thanksgiving. I have already found some great IP recipes for Turkey Day! Seems like one of the easiest Holiday's to survive actually.

Is anyone as excited as me to use the Holiday Smilies???

M0vingon 09-27-2011 09:11 AM

Happy Tuesday!

I have been so busy this month, I feel like I've lost touch with everyone on the boards. :(

It's day 2 on P1 for me. I'm switching my WI from Weds to Monday so I can get in a full week back OP before I weigh again. I'm glad to be back on P1! Life is so much easier.

Have a great day everyone!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 09-27-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leganegan (Post 4048666)
Well, I drove in nasty weather yesterday to my Week 10 weigh in... and I lost 5.4lbs!!!! Inches didn't budge too much, but after 1lb gain last week. I am so happy. Especially with TOM coming this weekend...
Total in ten weeks is 27lbs. 15lbs to go seems attainable now. My coaches goal is to get me through Phase 3 by thanksgiving. I have already found some great IP recipes for Turkey Day! Seems like one of the easiest Holiday's to survive actually.

And here in Canada we can use the Turkey smiles next month... congrats on the SV that is great, it is always nice after a gain to get a big loss the next week. I was kind of figuring it out before I went to sleep last night if I lose 2.0 lbs a week for 5 weeks I will be at my goal... That being said, my scale has been going up and down more than a yoyo so, if I am not there in 5 weeks I will complain a little but still move ahead, the last 20 lbs for me have been a long time coming the first 70 lbs seemed to just drop off but have to fight tooth and nail for every pound now. My coach still doesn't understand how or what my body was doing but, I am going to blame fat free HAM as I had some that week and that seemed to trigger the water retension... sad thing is I love ham and have it for :thanks1::present:

Quote:

What a great honour, you must be so proud of yourself. Keep it up.

wuv2bloved 09-27-2011 09:27 AM

Good Morning, Thanks NavyMommy for starting the thread. I have done that before started the thread at midnight central time. Its our tomorrow right? Some people are up at 2-3am to get their day started. Just so its tomorrow somewhere, I don't really think there is a rule about it starting at a certain time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4048587)
Good morning!!

I actually debated starting this about 2:30am when I was still up, but I'm in the central time zone and realize it's not 'technically' everywhere, so I decided to wait.

I SO need to take a non-scale week (heck even a non scale day) challenge!! I don't know why I weigh myself every morning, other than leftover habit from past diets, but it's not going to change anything on IP. I was pleasantly surprised to see it down a bit this morning with how late I was up, and all the soy sauce that was in my dinner last night. I knew I would be retaining water like mad.

This week I got 7 of the cappuccinos and I'm loving it! Brewed a black cup of coffee and put it in a big glass, then mixed my shake and poured it from my blender into the glass and it is delicious! I love getting a nice warm (BIG) drink for breakfast! Plus that cuts out some of the Splenda I was using in my coffee so that's a good thing.

Does anyone know if there are any actual limits on herbal tea? Last night I had at least 6 cups trying to get sleepy. It was the Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla, I know herbal tea is alright, I just hope I didn't overdo it!

Well it's going to be a long day over here (I only slept from 3-6, but the kiddos don't know that), so I better jump right into it!

GL to those with WIs today, and I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

Cappachino's are one of my favorites as well, last night I put some pumpkin spice Torni's syrup in it with some ice and YUMMY!!! also made a pot of hot tea in my coffee pot and used the pumpkin spice with the hot tea was awesome. Sometimes I put the WF caramel syrup in my cappachino and its great.

Quote:

I think it was the drive in the nasty weather to find out that you lost 5.4lbs that is great!! Are you going to share some of those holiday recipes you found with us or keep them all to yourself???....lol

Hope everyone has a great week and don't forget to post your WI's on the spreadsheet http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...challenge.html

colley 09-27-2011 10:00 AM

Is pretty pumped for a couple of weeks of Phase 1, hopefully I can get this last 10 off quickly as the scale didn't move at all for 3 weeks in Phase 2. Plus I have a wedding this weekend so hopefully that wont throw me off too much, 3rd one this summer, and been OP for this whole journey!!!!

Busymomx4 09-27-2011 10:06 AM

Good morning,

TOM is supposed to come on saturday (WI day) but this morning i woke up feeling so bloated, hoping it comes before then otherwise i will go up a couple of lbs for sure :(

Busymomx4 09-27-2011 10:07 AM

Maile
What an honnor to be a spokesperson, you deserve it, you've done amazing!

sandralosingweight 09-27-2011 10:38 AM

Good morning everyone,

Had a horrible day yesterday where I had to take my dear mom to the emergency, luckily, she is doing fine and all the tests were reassuring, it turned out to be only a nasty indigestion she suffered from after eating a fatty dish the night before.

I couldn't eat right, could not have dinner, arrived home very late to eat anything.

Today, my scale marked a + 1.2 pounds, which I really don't care about comparing my concern about my dear mom. I hope by Thursday, I will have lost what I gained plus some more as I am back OP 100%.

Great to hear from you all and a special Thank You to Lisa (Wuv) for all your support.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 09-27-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4048788)
Good morning everyone,

Had a horrible day yesterday where I had to take my dear mom to the emergency, luckily, she is doing fine and all the tests were reassuring, it turned out to be only a nasty indigestion she suffered from after eating a fatty dish the night before.

I couldn't eat right, could not have dinner, arrived home very late to eat anything.

Today, my scale marked a + 1.2 pounds, which I really don't care about comparing my concern about my dear mom. I hope by Thursday, I will have lost what I gained plus some more as I am back OP 100%.

Great to hear from you all and a special Thank You to Lisa (Wuv) for all your support.

So glad your mom is okay, and the gain was probably just stress and you should lose it fast. Have a good day.:hug:

wuv2bloved 09-27-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Good morning everyone,

You are welcome :)

I am glad you mom is doing better that is always scary when things happen and you don't know what it is. I agree with Roller, your gain is probably stress so it should come off easy and quick. You know I am here if you need to talk. Try to have a great day or at least a good one :)

ItsAboutTime 09-27-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyh50 (Post 4048649)
Good morning all! I had a tough day at school yesterday but I didn't eat over it! I love my cappuccino in the morning with a cup of coffee! I buy 7 packs every week! I think it is something I am always going to want around unless I find a cheaper alternative. I weigh in tomorrow so I am excited for the Whoosh Fairy to come and get me to the 40 pound mark. That might be wishful thinking but a girl gets to dream.

Have a great day!

You will make it girl. I, on the other hand, probably will not and as of Thursday I was only 1 pound away. :( This week has been so up and down it's not funny!

Quote:

That's an amazing week 10 weigh in. Good for you! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by colley (Post 4048751)
Is pretty pumped for a couple of weeks of Phase 1, hopefully I can get this last 10 off quickly as the scale didn't move at all for 3 weeks in Phase 2. Plus I have a wedding this weekend so hopefully that wont throw me off too much, 3rd one this summer, and been OP for this whole journey!!!!

I am planning on losing 100% before phase 2 because I've heard too much of this. Good luck losing the last 10. Shouldn't take too long!

Quote:

Good morning everyone,

I'm glad she is ok. Here's to hoping Thursday brings great numbers for both of us! :hug:

ItsAboutTime 09-27-2011 11:19 AM

I'm still .8 up from where I was Thursday as of this morning. I'm getting really frustrated about it. I'm never hungry and I have to force myself to eat most days. Yesterday I stayed home from work and I had a shake in my coffee like always for breakfast and then a shake at about 2 but I skipped the veggies because I just plain wasn't in the mood to eat. At dinner I ate a little bit of chicken and forced 2 cups of veggies down and then had a whole bar at 8. This morning as I was packing lunch I didn't want anything. I brought the shake and figured I'd be fine but then last minute I threw a couple of pickles in a baggie and brought those too. I'm not sure if I will eat them but I have them if I need something. I know it's not considered veggies but it's something. I am pretty sure I could go until about 5pm without eating and be just fine. (And yes, I know, it's not good.)

Last night I had a food dream and I never have food dreams. I ate 4 sugar cookies and a choc chip cookie at my grandma's house. I don't even like sugar cookies! I have been feeling guilty about it all morning and I know I didn't do it. Isn't it weird how real it feels?

Good luck to Tuesday weighers!

odirish 09-27-2011 11:30 AM

Starting Day 2. I had my breakfast and now have to go babysit grandson. I packed soup and measured out for my salad/veg. I feel good. I totally went into this program expecting to feel ravenous. that hasn't happened. If the whole program is like this, it'll be a piece of cake :D( get it..cake!) I fully expect to struggle over the weekend. I need to break old habits as far as too much partying.

pselias 09-27-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Congrats on the great loss!!! :badbat: :haphal:

Quote:

Good morning everyone,

I'm sure it's just water retention from the stress. It will be gone by tomorrow and then some. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4048846)
I'm still .8 up from where I was Thursday as of this morning. I'm getting really frustrated about it. I'm never hungry and I have to force myself to eat most days. Yesterday I stayed home from work and I had a shake in my coffee like always for breakfast and then a shake at about 2 but I skipped the veggies because I just plain wasn't in the mood to eat. At dinner I ate a little bit of chicken and forced 2 cups of veggies down and then had a whole bar at 8. This morning as I was packing lunch I didn't want anything. I brought the shake and figured I'd be fine but then last minute I threw a couple of pickles in a baggie and brought those too. I'm not sure if I will eat them but I have them if I need something. I know it's not considered veggies but it's something. I am pretty sure I could go until about 5pm without eating and be just fine. (And yes, I know, it's not good.)

Last night I had a food dream and I never have food dreams. I ate 4 sugar cookies and a choc chip cookie at my grandma's house. I don't even like sugar cookies! I have been feeling guilty about it all morning and I know I didn't do it. Isn't it weird how real it feels?

Good luck to Tuesday weighers!

I have been having a very hard time eating the last few days as well. I did a P2 day yesterday to try to shake up my metabolism and taste buds a bit. I also had my second pilates class yesterday so maybe the exercise has something to do with it. I had an extra unrestricted packet right before class. I am feeling a little hungrier this morning. We'll see if I can get all my veggies in today. I think I'll have a veggie omelet with real eggs for dinner tonight.

Bubu4eva30 09-27-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odirish (Post 4048866)
Starting Day 2. I had my breakfast and now have to go babysit grandson. I packed soup and measured out for my salad/veg. I feel good. I totally went into this program expecting to feel ravenous. that hasn't happened. If the whole program is like this, it'll be a piece of cake :D( get it..cake!) I fully expect to struggle over the weekend. I need to break old habits as far as too much partying.

:carrot:Glad to hear you are loving the program. I think weekends are the hardest for me because everyone wants to go out and eat. Keep it up.

Down 21.6 4wks ;) I am glad but it's hard!

leganegan 09-27-2011 11:42 AM

Opps, how selfish of me WUV, thanks for reminder...
here are some recipes for holidays...

CRANBERRY JELLY:Ingredients:
Water
1 IP Raspberry Jelly packet
3 tsp Walden Farms Raspberry Jelly Blueberry cranberry, pomegranate drink
1 tsp Stevia or other sweetner
let it settle in fridge.

STUFFINGIngredients:
2 cups of your favorite vegetables chopped up in food processor
1 cup of diced mushrooms
3 egg whites
1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
1 tsp Redmond’s Real Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
8 – 16 oz water
1 -2 TBS Braggs seasoning
IP packets:
1 – Chicken Soup
1 – Oatmeal
Optional Seasoning:
Rosemary, Basil, Thyme and/or Garlic
Prepare Oatmeal Biscuits (Page 69 – Volume 2 Ideal Protein Healthy Recipes):
Beat 1 egg white then stir the IP Oatmeal packet until mixed thoroughly. Add 2oz. water until batter is thin and spoon able – but not runny. You may want to add a tsp of poultry seasoning or other seasoning of your choice. Spoon batter onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 400 for about 10 min. or until golden brown. Once biscuits are cooled tear up and let dry out an hour or two.
In a mixing bowl put dried oatmeal biscuits, seasonings, chopped veggies, mushrooms and Braggs. (if desired, add your IP soy nuts) Mix and set aside. In your blender bottle or other mixer, mix 8 oz of water with your IP Chicken Soup mix well (more water maybe needed). Add two egg whites to soup mix. Mix well then pour over veggie/biscuit mix stir (should be a moist mixture) and then place in an olive oil sprayed casserole dish. Cook about 20 min at 350.

I think I’m good with just Green beans and olive oil, but if you are a casserole person…
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLEIngredients:
3 Packets IP Mushroom Soup
12 Oz. Veggie Broth (The water for the soup) 1 ••• teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
2 Containers of sliced mushrooms ••• teaspoon ground black pepper
teaspoon Real Salt (Mix of Onion & Garlic)
3-5 cloves of garlic (minced)
1-2 teaspoons Olive Oil 8 cups cooked cut green beans
••• Red Onion
••• teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Fresh or spice Dill
TIP: 2 bags (16 to 20 ounces) frozen green beans, 4 packages (9 ounces each) frozen green beans or about 3 pounds fresh green beans.
Slice Onion into rings and spread minced garlic, some salt, and dill with olive oil over onions. Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 300 (just to soften them)

If using fresh green beans slightly steam for 3-5 minutes to soften.
Soup Mix – Stir the soup, veggie broth &/or water, Braggs, black pepper, beans, other spices, some mushroom slices – mix in blender.
In 3-quart casserole dish mix the green beans, mushrooms, and soup mix. Then top off with the rings of slightly cooked red onions
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Ready to serve. Optional – Mix before serving
MASHED “POTATOES”Ingredients:
1 head of fresh cauliflower
Onion powder
Garlic powder
REALSALT (Sea salt), to taste
1 packet of Ideal Protein Leek soup or Ideal Protein Chicken soup
Optional: Wasabi Powder (to taste – gives it a zing!)
Optional: 1-2 tsp. Olive Oil
Steam (preferred) or boil the cauliflower until it is very, very soft. Drain the water (if boiled). Add the seasonings (be creative) and add ••• -1 packet of any of the soup mixes (to taste). Add Olive Oil and mash well – serve steaming hot
CUSTARDIngredients:
2 Butterscotch IP Puddings
2 Vanilla IP Puddings
1 Egg White
Dash of Real Salt
Pumpkin Pie Spice & Nutmeg (To Taste)
Bake 20 minutes 350 Degrees / Chill
I might try this with just 2 vanilla pudding and one butterscotch and crumble brown sugar splenda and vanilla nut bar on top.

DezD 09-27-2011 11:47 AM

Just tried the crepes and the omelet in the past two days and was pleasently surprised at how good they were. I added another egg to the omelet because I can’t eat 8 oz of protein in an evening so I usually eat some of it for either my breakfast or lunch. Everytime I try a new IP food I expect to hate it, but that just hasn't happened yet!! Have a great OP day!!

Pauley 09-27-2011 11:51 AM

Fun recipes Lauren. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I'm going to wait for Thanksgiving to try them.

I am excited to get my hands on some noodles tomorrow. My coworker just emailed me and she found 2 kinds of noodles for me at a store near her house. One has tofu in it and has 3 grams of carbs per serving and the other is made with yam flour and is 0/0/0. I haven't had a noodle in 3 months! I hope they are good.

rainbowmom 09-27-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauley (Post 4048915)
Fun recipes Lauren. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I'm going to wait for Thanksgiving to try them.

I am excited to get my hands on some noodles tomorrow. My coworker just emailed me and she found 2 kinds of noodles for me at a store near her house. One has tofu in it and has 3 grams of carbs per serving and the other is made with yam flour and is 0/0/0. I haven't had a noodle in 3 months! I hope they are good.

I just had Miracle Noodles last night. A little chewy, but so welcome after so long without any. Tonight I might have some with olive oil, garlic and truffle salt.

colley 09-27-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

I eat them all the time!!!!! They sure curb the fact that i have had pasta in almost 4 months, so it works for me!!! Be sure to rinse them before using them so you can get rid of the fishy smell lol

rainbowmom 09-27-2011 12:04 PM

Morning all. Congratulations to all the "losers." Sandralosingweight, I'm glad your mom is okay.

Maile, what a great story.

Another 3 lbs gone for me -- after my first week doing mostly alternatives. Struggling with what to do when we go away for 2 weeks in the middle of November. I'm a planner and want to have a plan in place well in advance.

Have a great day, everyone!

bripp 09-27-2011 12:07 PM

Good Morning IP Family! Hope everybody is having as great a day as I am! I just can't even express how much better I feel on this plan and the hunger that I was having seems to have passed this week. Last week I was hungry in the morning before my lunch, but today I feel great!

I notice that lots of you are purchasing other products other than IP brand. Is there any place that I can go to look for other alternatives that are comparable, or am I better off (since this is only week 2) to stay with the IP stuff until I get my weight off?

cinammon 09-27-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odirish (Post 4048866)

You have done great, sometimes the hardest part is getting organized to get vegetables washed and then the food packed. I had an event to go to on the weekend that kept us all hoping. I did take my lunch, after the gang went out for supper and I was amazed I could find something and then ask for changes. The rice I swapped out with whole mushrooms, the salad I asked for no carrots.

My parents came for a bbq. They had food I wasn’t allowed, but I made sure there was cooked veggies, a large lettuce salad and I had a 7oz. steak. It was so delicious.

I was rewarded by my first weigh in of 8.9lbs down.

Keep up the work and no you will do it. The easiest diet I’ve ever found and I don’t want to be in the same place next year that I have been over the last how many years saying ‘I wish I could lose weight’.

Busymomx4 09-27-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Good morning everyone,

Glad your mom is ok, i must've missed the post yesterday. How scary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowmom (Post 4048923)
I just had Miracle Noodles last night. A little chewy, but so welcome after so long without any. Tonight I might have some with olive oil, garlic and truffle salt.

Do they sell them in stores or you need to order them? I've looked but haven't found any yet. If in stores, are they where the tofu would be?

Busymomx4 09-27-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinammon (Post 4048973)
I was rewarded by my first weigh in of 8.9lbs down.

Keep up the work and no you will do it. The easiest diet I’ve ever found and I don’t want to be in the same place next year that I have been over the last how many years saying ‘I wish I could lose weight’.

Congrats, that's a great WI!

wuv2bloved 09-27-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowmom (Post 4048932)
Morning all. Congratulations to all the "losers." Sandralosingweight, I'm glad your mom is okay.

Maile, what a great story.

Another 3 lbs gone for me -- after my first week doing mostly alternatives. Struggling with what to do when we go away for 2 weeks in the middle of November. I'm a planner and want to have a plan in place well in advance.

Have a great day, everyone!

Great job on the WI, don't forget to log in on the Halloween spreadsheet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bripp (Post 4048937)
Good Morning IP Family! Hope everybody is having as great a day as I am! I just can't even express how much better I feel on this plan and the hunger that I was having seems to have passed this week. Last week I was hungry in the morning before my lunch, but today I feel great!

I notice that lots of you are purchasing other products other than IP brand. Is there any place that I can go to look for other alternatives that are comparable, or am I better off (since this is only week 2) to stay with the IP stuff until I get my weight off?

A lot of people have had success with the alternatives that are comparable to IP foods, this is one of the sites they order from http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/ I personally am staying with the IP products until I finish but some have switched and are continuing to lose the weight. Its on what you want to do. Once you switch you no longer have a coach, but you can get lots of support here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4048992)
Glad your mom is ok, i must've missed the post yesterday. How scary.

Do they sell them in stores or you need to order them? I've looked but haven't found any yet. If in stores, are they where the tofu would be?

At my store its in the produce near the Tofu stuff. My regular grocery stores don't have it but I go to this place called the Nut house and they have them there. My mom finds it at Winn Dixie back home but we don't have it here at mine.

tjlhj 09-27-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4049023)
Great job on the WI, don't forget to log in on the Halloween spreadsheet!

At my store its in the produce near the Tofu stuff. My regular grocery stores don't have it but I go to this place called the Nut house and they have them there. My mom finds it at Winn Dixie back home but we don't have it here at mine.

Wuv, so are they refrigerated ? Do you like them, I am dying to try them, I have been thinking about it for a while.
Thanks.

jd447 09-27-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Good luck on your WI. I have done a few Phase 2 days but decided that this week I am starting Phase 2 for good. Scale was down a pound this morning. Sure hope that continues as the last 10 lbs were sure a bear to get rid of. Way to go on talking about your weight loss journey. You never know who you will inspire and whose life you might have saved! :hug:

bripp 09-27-2011 01:16 PM

Thanks Wuv - I appreciate your input. I think that I too will stay with IP products. My coach is actually a fairly good friend of mine. I do, however, have a friend who is far more money strapped so maybe I could recommend those products to her and she could follow the same diet with me.

wuv2bloved 09-27-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjlhj (Post 4049043)
Wuv, so are they refrigerated ? Do you like them, I am dying to try them, I have been thinking about it for a while.
Thanks.

I like the noodles, there are 3 different ones, regular noodles, angel hair and fetticuine(sp) I have had the angel hair and fetticuine ones. The bag for a serving of 2, yes they are refrigerated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bripp (Post 4049047)
Thanks Wuv - I appreciate your input. I think that I too will stay with IP products. My coach is actually a fairly good friend of mine. I do, however, have a friend who is far more money strapped so maybe I could recommend those products to her and she could follow the same diet with me.

My mom has loss 45lbs using the EAS carb control drinks and the pure protein bars, she bought her stuff at Walmart and Sam's. She followed our program and just ate those when we were having the IP foods.

leganegan 09-27-2011 02:02 PM

:dz:
Quote:

yum, if you try any, you can be our guinea pig and let us know the verdict :)
especially if you try the stuffing....
I just had miracle noodles for lunch with spinach! very comforting and warming, good to eat since i'm feeling as though my body is trying to get sick.

yam flour... interesting!

murleya1 09-27-2011 02:46 PM

Hi all! I have not been posting much lately. I have been very busy. Congrats to all of you that are doing so well!

So I had some friends a couple over one of which is doing south beach to lose some extra weight. He has 30 more pounds to lose. We are both competative and now the challenge is on. The first one of us to lose 30 pounds wins. We don't even need a prize, just the glory of winning. He has to get to 205 and I have to get to 175. Cheer me on ladies!

I also donated some more clothes to Goodwill. I had to show my BF my winter coat from last year. I tried it on to see if it was still wearable. Not at all. He was like no way did that ever fit you.

Keep with it all, it is nice getting to hear all the compliments on weight loss acheivements from friends, family and coworkers.