Old 06-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

Default Anyone Do Hot Yoga

I have been on the plan seven weeks and have started to introduce exercise back in at week 4.
My coach has given the go ahead, but is saying no to hot yoga..

This is the one exercise I truly miss the most.

Does anyone have experience with being on IP and doing hot yoga?
Could you please share your experience or tips and tricks?
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

I stopped doing hot yoga when I started IP. I used to do a 90 minute class that burned around 600-700 calories. I was told not to do it until I was in maintenance. I have been encouraged to keep with moderate exercise - walking the dogs everyday seems to be working for me.

Hope this helps
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

What is IP? I'm not really sure about that plan (whatever it is?), but I do love me some Hot Yoga!!! I haven't done it all summer because its been so ridiculously hot outside that the last place I wanted to be was in the hundred degree yoga studio.

I feel that the warmness of the room really helps with my postures. It helps me to go a little farther into the pose than I could if I wasn't completely warm. After a session of hot yoga I feel better and more charged than from any other exercise. It makes me feel like I just had a deep massage for the past hour and a half. It's wonderful!
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #4  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

I have been practicing Ashtanga yoga for many years. Even during the first few weeks of IP (and even recently) I have experienced some lightheadedness when coming out of certain asanas. There're many changes taking place in your body with IP. Throwing hot yoga into that mix might be a bit too much right now. Don't worry, it will still be there when your body's ready for it.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for asking this - I used to do Bikram yoga a few years ago and loved it. I was thinking of going again and just taking it easy - do folks here add a package before or after exercise?
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #6  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgirl737 View Post
What is IP?
IP=Ideal Protein Diet. You are inside its forum. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonGirl View Post
Thanks for asking this - I used to do Bikram yoga a few years ago and loved it. I was thinking of going again and just taking it easy - do folks here add a package before or after exercise?
I always try to get my pac in prior to exercise but it doesn't always work out that way. Just make sure you do get your extra in not long before/after your session. Can you just take an air conditioned class to get your body used to poses before you went back to hot? Might help out and be a very nice transition.

~Namaste~
Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

That's good advice - I was also thinking about just taking the class REALLY easy! I'll let you know how it goes.
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #8  
Bacon makes it better.

S/C/G: 135/128/106

Height: 5'1.5"

I am on a diet with similar restrictions (Medifast). I did a Bikram yoga class on my second day. I made it through but the 5 city block walk home felt like a marathon and I crashed for four hours afterwards.

This morning, I woke up with a burst of energy (day 4). I went to class, and left feeling like I was on top of the world. I got out seven hours ago and have not felt fatigue set in.

Do know if you are going to try it, you are risking serious exhaustion afterwards and it might kill the rest of the day's productivity.

I put on extra weight recently (15lbs) and unfortunately some poses are much harder now. I imagine if you wait it out, you will be a whole new yogi when you start again- which could be a great experience.
SkinnyBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

I went back to hot yoga... I made sure I had an extra packet before....I was fine... very very tired after... I will try it twice next week and see how it goes

I love hot yoga and really feel that it will help me kick those last pounds
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #10  
aka CAT

First Hot Yoga class for me on Sunday. First EVER. A friend has been trying to get me into her Hot Yogalates class. She agreed to come to Hot Yoga with me and I ,in turn, will attend my first EVER Hot Yogalates class next weekend. Actually quite excited! Planning on having a shake about 45 min before class. Wish me luck.......