Old 08-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default When do I start feeling that energy boost?

I'm going for my 4th weigh-in on Tuesday. I can't really complain about my losses -- I think I've done fairly well. The problem is that I have no energy. I feel lethargic a good part of the time.

The weight loss has made me more comfortable and feeling lighter and that feels great.

I have low blood pressure and don't like to eat too much salt, because then I retain water and hate that feeling.

I work as a consultant and make my own hours a lot, so I'm able to lay down when needed, but this just can't go on. I don't like feeling this way.

I've read that people suddenly start feeling more energy. When did that happen for you?
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/246/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
I'm going for my 4th weigh-in on Tuesday. I can't really complain about my losses -- I think I've done fairly well. The problem is that I have no energy. I feel lethargic a good part of the time.

The weight loss has made me more comfortable and feeling lighter and that feels great.

I have low blood pressure and don't like to eat too much salt, because then I retain water and hate that feeling.

I work as a consultant and make my own hours a lot, so I'm able to lay down when needed, but this just can't go on. I don't like feeling this way.

I've read that people suddenly start feeling more energy. When did that happen for you?
Hmmmm maybe you should get your blood pressure checked out. Doesn't sound right to me. I'm on my 5th week and feel really good. My energy level went up on my second week. I wasn't bursting with energy but found I was consistent through the day and was able to complete alot more then before. So far everyone I know has felt more energetic. Some more than others but at four weeks I think your energy level should be up and don't think it's a good thing to feel lethargic so often.....
xmichellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I never got the burst and still do not have my "normal" energy level. I think some people really get their energy from carbs. Can't wait to get to goal, so I can get me some fruit, yogurt & whole grains, I definitely feel better with a more balanced diet. I could not lose weight eating a balanced diet.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

I'd say you definately should be feeling more energetic by now. It hit me during the 2nd week - and apart from the occassional day - I've remained energetic throughout.
Have you considered going to see your Dr to get your bloodwork done? In the past I've been iron deficient and that really takes it out of me - perhaps you are deficient of something and the IP plan is exacerbating it...?

Make sure you are telling your coach all of this, she/he should be monitoring it.
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #5  

Quote:

When you say you don't like to eat much salt, what do mean by that exactly?.. are you eating as much salt as IP protocol calls for?.. at least a half teaspoon?.. if not, your lack of energy might be related to that... I say "might" because, of course, there could be gobs of other explanations... just something to consider...

From http://www.himalayancrystalsalt.com/salt-energy.html (not trying to push this product, I just googled "salt energy" & this was what I found):
Even the simplest processes in our body need salt, or its inherent elements (ionized energy). Every metabolic function of the body requires salt and water. It's an axiomatic truth that the higher the quality of energy we put into our body, the higher quality of Energy we will be able to put out. Our nervous system is really a sophisticated energy network. It transmits stimulation that is recorded via sensory input (all of our senses are actually energy receptors, our eyes receive waves of energy–information in the form of light frequencies, our ears receive sound frequencies or patterns of energy and our nose senses odors, also electrical charges in the atmosphere). Everything in the universe works by the fundamental principals of energy! Anyway, these sensory inputs that travel to our brain are passed on to our muscles in order for them to react to the respective stimuli (electrical current). An electric potential occurs on the membrane wall of a cell when the positively charged potassium ions leave the cells and the positively charged sodium ions cannot enter due to their size. The outside becomes positively charged and the inside, negatively charged. When a nerve cell is stimulated, its membrane suddenly becomes polar opposites and is permeable for the sodium ions, allowing the electrical charge to enter. Without the elements of potassium and sodium in salt, none of this is possible. Not even a single thought, let alone an action, is possible without their presence. First comes the thought, a wave of energy received in the brain. This thought is nothing more than an electromagnetic frequency. The salt is responsible for enabling this frequency to transmit commands to the muscles and organs.
As others have already advised, checking with your doctor would be a great idea...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #6  

I'll have her check my BP on Tuesday. I add salt to my food, when I'm doing salad or protein. I figure between that and the sodium in some of the soups, I'm good with the salt.

I have been thinking there's something just not right here. I'm often lightheaded and cranky a lot these days. The only thing attractive about me is that I'm losing weight and can see my cheekbones again.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

In my case, it never happened. I would have maybe a few hours that were energetic but nothing like others talk about. Maybe for me it was because I have naturally low blood pressure and it went even lower on plan. Maybe it was because I still was experiencing some low blood sugar events.

I did notice I slept better and woke up earlier than normal but, never had the energy burst.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #8  

Well, I'm also pretty sure I'm perimenopausal too. I have a history of low blood iron and low vitamin d, but have taken 1,000 IUs of vit d for quite a while. I can't stomach many more vitamins than what I'm taking now, but maybe I need to add the iron supplement back in.

That would make:

2 IP multivitamins
1 Potassium
4 calcium magnesiums
1 vit d
1 omega 3
and then 1 iron

Oy. I've been giving this time waiting for something to change, but it's not.

Showgirl, are you cranky too? Anyone have the mood swings or is that more a perimenopause thing?
Old 08-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/246/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Well, I'm also pretty sure I'm perimenopausal too. I have a history of low blood iron and low vitamin d, but have taken 1,000 IUs of vit d for quite a while. I can't stomach many more vitamins than what I'm taking now, but maybe I need to add the iron supplement back in.

That would make:

2 IP multivitamins
1 Potassium
4 calcium magnesiums
1 vit d
1 omega 3
and then 1 iron

Oy. I've been giving this time waiting for something to change, but it's not.

Showgirl, are you cranky too? Anyone have the mood swings or is that more a perimenopause thing?
I have been VERY cranky since I started IP. I noticed I have less tolerence and I am impatient with my loved ones (poor them). However, this last week was better. I guess it's a big adjustment for our mind and bodies.

Last edited by xmichellex; 08-28-2011 at 07:02 PM.
xmichellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #10  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I'll have her check my BP on Tuesday. I add salt to my food, when I'm doing salad or protein. I figure between that and the sodium in some of the soups, I'm good with the salt.

I have been thinking there's something just not right here. I'm often lightheaded and cranky a lot these days. The only thing attractive about me is that I'm losing weight and can see my cheekbones again.
I noticed when I get lightheaded if I eat a restricted that is "sweet" like the coco puffs or caramel bar, it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

I did notice I slept better and woke up earlier than normal but, never had the energy burst.
I have noticed this to. It is the first time I have gotten a fell nights sleep in years.

Quote:

I went through HORRIBLE mood swings the first 2 weeks, and still have them a bit.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #11  
on IP since 10/4/10

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'9"

I never got the energy burst either. And was cranky. But everyone's body works differently I think. I lost the weight and it was worth the no energy/crankiness for me
queenmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Trust me, as much as I love to blame menopause for most everything, it just ain't so. It's the diet, or as my brother (almost disowned for this comment) pointed out - "My sister's on a diet and all she's lost is her sense of humour"

Gotta love family - they keep ya humble
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #13  

That is very funny -- it actually made me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
Trust me, as much as I love to blame menopause for most everything, it just ain't so. It's the diet, or as my brother (almost disowned for this comment) pointed out - "My sister's on a diet and all she's lost is her sense of humour"

Gotta love family - they keep ya humble
Old 08-29-2011, 05:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

I got the energy boost the beginning of the second week, and although I do get tired at times (usually when I slack on water or veggies) the energy has been pretty steady since week 2. Days 3 and 4 were **** for me, just sayin'
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote