Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default How regular is regular?

I may have to do the dreaded salt water trick tomorrow if my weight hasn't moved because I'm having lovely bathroom issues again. Maybe I just don't need to go as much as I used to and I'm actually ok. Is every 3 days or so normal while on such a low cal diet? Maybe I need to just up the fiber? What is regular?
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I may have to do the dreaded salt water trick tomorrow if my weight hasn't moved because I'm having lovely bathroom issues again. Maybe I just don't need to go as much as I used to and I'm actually ok. Is every 3 days or so normal while on such a low cal diet? Maybe I need to just up the fiber? What is regular?
I feel just as lost as you. I've read everything. Tried the saltwater cleanse (maybe I need to try 2tbsp because 3tsp didn't do a thing for me). I've tried Magnesium Citrate. I regularly drink Super Dieter's tea. it helps me go each day, but not great.
I have made an effort to eat salad with each lunch and dinner for over a week now, and still blah. tired of rabbit pellets...
does that still count? I read that that these little pellets are a sign of constipation.
I was thinking of upping my magnesium but I already have low blood pressure and i don't think magnesium helps that.

I know we are all different, but if I find something that works for me I will let you know!

ugh, ate my snack late, I still need to stay up till almost midnight so that I don't go to bed too early on a protein.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #3  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I am not sure what is regular either. A woman at work who has been on IP for a long time said every two or three days was what she experienced.
I personally worry if it goes beyond 2 days.
Last night I took 1/2 bottle of of the citrate magnesium that they recommend..It did work..but my weight went up half a pound..that happened before also.
I have not tried the salt water trick as I stay away from salt.
However, wouldn't you love to find something to eat on program so we do not deal with this?
Some people are taking fiber pills and claim that helps.
Good luck..not easy.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

I feel like with all the veges I am bloated if I don't go every day. I have been using a product called Total Tea at night before I go to sleep and it seems to help. Have also heard of others using senna on a daily basis which seems to help.
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

I go every day. ONLY because every night before bed I drink a cup of Cleansing Herbal Tea from my Quick Weight Loss Center plan. If I don't drink it, I don't go. I don't know what's up with that. When I joined the gym in April is when I started not being able to go for days and days. I used to be very regular when I didn't eat well, which is really odd. Now, that I eat healthy and am on a diet, I can't go without help from some kind of drink or pill
Aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

According to the sheet that I got when I signed up, you should be having a bowel movement every day.

In some cases the calcium supplement is what causes the constipation, so you can just have some magnesium to counteract that, either the magnesium citrate or this other source of magnesium called CALM.

I tried CALM and it didn't solve my problem completely. I ended up really bad and had to down a bottle of magnesium citrate, which was NO fun, but it worked. After that I've been maintaining with Nature's Natura Lax pills. It does say in the box not to take for a period longer than one week or it may cause dependance, so I take them for a few days, then I take a break for a day or two, then continue again. I tried senna tea before, but it made me really bloated.

I'm going to the health store tomorrow to try to find psyllium husk since I'm afraid of becoming dependant on this pills.. but well, as I said, for the time being they have been effective and there is no bloat or cramps.

Good luck!
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I have had this problem periodically on the diet. Ask your coach about a product that Ideal Protein sells, it is called NoviLax and it worked wonders for me.
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 129/129/113

Height: 5'2"

I go every day, like clock work when I wake up in the morning. I asked my coach and she said we should be going every day, or even twice a day!
jennylauren19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

If I don't take the digestive enzyme 3x a day I have issues. When I do get occasional issues I take miralax before bed and it helps. Make sure you are getting enough salad also. I usualy go 2-3 times a day.
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

I have taken the Magnesium Citrate and it didn't work very well. Then my coach suggested taking extra vit c. That didn't really work either. Now I am taking a generic mirlax (when I remember to take it) and that is working pretty well. (When I remember to take it!)
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #11  
ms.lisa

S/C/G: 256/158/140

Height: 5'1"

i sprinkle 1 teaspoon ground flax on my salads (2 teaspoons a day) i go about once every two days. this has helped me !
matolmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 199.8/184/130

Height: 5"6"

I'm an RN, but I just recently started the Ideal Protein program. Diet or not - you should be going every day. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water.
blondee43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

itsabouttime - I mentioned the salt water flush to a girlfriend of mine last weekend. I thought she was asking because she was the one having the problems...turned out it was her boyfriend. He texted me on Sunday to say that he was never going to let her talk to me again...she told him to try it and he ended up spending all Saturday nite on the can! I guess she didn't pass on ALL the info I gave her!!

Don't hate me, but I'm on phase 3 now and have to go 2 or 3 times a day!!
hope that gives you something to at least look forward to!
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #14  

Thanks! I drink plenty of water so it's not that. I don't eat lettuce everyday. In fact, hardly ever. Maybe I will up that and see what happens. Still haven't gone today so I'm worried about weigh in tomorrow.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote