3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Introductions to those of us on Ideal Protein (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241240-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html)

rbtemplet 10-13-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herding Cats (Post 4069066)
I second the feeling better thing. I was close to making an appointment with a neurologist for my headaches and was in PT for chronic hip pain and joint pain in the hands. Since starting this just 9 days ago, I have not had a single headache or joint pain...even on the first few days. It HAD to have been all of the sugar and diet cokes I was drinking!

I had quit eating/drinking anything that contained aspartame for that very reason!!! I had been fighting tendonitis in my elbow since May of this year and a friend told me about the side effects of aspartame...they are quite shocking!!
I agree...PURE POISON!!
When I quit using aspartame my symptoms did lessen, but since I've been on IP (only one week) the pain in my elbow is gone completely!! It's amazing!!

wuv2bloved 10-13-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbtemplet (Post 4069452)
I had quit eating/drinking anything that contained aspartame for that very reason!!! I had been fighting tendonitis in my elbow since May of this year and a friend told me about the side effects of aspartame...they are quite shocking!!
I agree...PURE POISON!!
When I quit using aspartame my symptoms did lessen, but since I've been on IP (only one week) the pain in my elbow is gone completely!! It's amazing!!

This is an amazing diet, its so healthy even though some say it is not. This lifestyle change is so easy and will continue to be easy once I go through all of my phases because I know how to handle food now. If it keeps my meds away along with the pain I am ALL about it! :)

scarmon1118 10-13-2011 01:33 PM

Hi all, I'm Sara. I'm 27 and I have around 100lbs to lose. I'm on day 3 and its been a struggle to wrestle with the food demons. So far, I'm winning the battle. I'm taking it one meal at a time because I'm not ready to take it day by day yet. My goal is turn heads in m wedding dress in 2013!!

YvetteSki 10-13-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarmon1118 (Post 4069743)
Hi all, I'm Sara. I'm 27 and I have around 100lbs to lose. I'm on day 3 and its been a struggle to wrestle with the food demons. So far, I'm winning the battle. I'm taking it one meal at a time because I'm not ready to take it day by day yet. My goal is turn heads in m wedding dress in 2013!!

Hello Sara, welcome to the IP threads. It will help if you focus on losing 10lbs at a time instead of thinking of 100lbs, this is something a lot of us do. Glad you have been winning your battles, it will pay off.

Congrats on the wedding in 2013, it's nice to have something to work for. Good luck and stay on plan, it really does work!

wuv2bloved 10-13-2011 02:18 PM

I could not agree with Yvette any more, I started off wanting to lose 135lbs and I am over half way there now. Just took it 10lbs actually 1lb at a time. You will win the battles everyday and you will find that it does become easier as you go...Good luck!

Rumblesis 10-15-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4066760)
Welcome to the both of you! this is a great plan. Rita I started off heavier than you and I have loss 87lbs in 24weeks.....it just melts off, follow the program and it works DON'T CHEAT! that is the BEST advice I can give. I have had NOTHING off of program that is allowed since April 27th!! I still have 56lbs left to reach my first goal of 250 once I reach that I may decide to go to 200 just depends on how I am feeling. Good Luck to the both of you and any questions don't hesitate to ask, ONE of us will help ya out !

Thanks!! I picked up my food on Wednesday, and was not sure about it all. Today I am on the third day of IP and I am feeling good so far!! Still trying to figure out what I can and can't do. Is there a place to see more allowed foods? How about diet soda (Publix has diet soda with Splenda) Are soybeans (otherwise know as Edamame) allowed. Soya sauce is the same as soy sauce, right? If it has no sugar, is soy sauce allowed? I love Asian veggies and foods, so I hope that some of the more exotic veggies are allowed. sigh. I know, too many questions, right??

Thanks for the welcome!! Looking forward to the new me!!

wuv2bloved 10-15-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblesis (Post 4072160)
Thanks!! I picked up my food on Wednesday, and was not sure about it all. Today I am on the third day of IP and I am feeling good so far!! Still trying to figure out what I can and can't do. Is there a place to see more allowed foods? How about diet soda (Publix has diet soda with Splenda) Are soybeans (otherwise know as Edamame) allowed. Soya sauce is the same as soy sauce, right? If it has no sugar, is soy sauce allowed? I love Asian veggies and foods, so I hope that some of the more exotic veggies are allowed. sigh. I know, too many questions, right??

Thanks for the welcome!! Looking forward to the new me!!

Well congrats on making it to day 3!! You can not have diet soda's, I have read where some people do eat Edamame. I use soy sauce. Walden Farms has an Asian dressing that is tasty and I use it sometimes for my stir frys. Never too many questions that is the only way to learn. Someone else may have the same question as you but is too afraid to ask so you might be helping someone else when asking for yourself:)

Which exotic veggies are you talking about?

Angelique06 10-15-2011 07:10 PM

I am a mom of 4, my boys (young men) are 20 & 19 and my girls are 16 & 7. I have been with my husband for almost 25 years and married for almost 20. I never had a weight problem until after my 3rd child. I started IP today and I am excited and nervous at the same time. My last check up showed high tri-glycerides in my blood (Not Good!). It is my time now as I sure want to be here for my kids and future grand babies...also so my hubby and I can enjoy being empty nesters (one day). My girlfriend who has never been able to lose weight told me about IP and lost 30lbs so far. I figured with her struggle in the past, this must be good!!! I told my sister about it in the summer who has lost 30lbs in 8 weeks...so here I am, I am ready :D

wuv2bloved 10-15-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelique06 (Post 4072257)
I am a mom of 4, my boys (young men) are 20 & 19 and my girls are 16 & 7. I have been with my husband for almost 25 years and married for almost 20. I never had a weight problem until after my 3rd child. I started IP today and I am excited and nervous at the same time. My last check up showed high tri-glycerides in my blood (Not Good!). It is my time now as I sure want to be here for my kids and future grand babies...also so my hubby and I can enjoy being empty nesters (one day). My girlfriend who has never been able to lose weight told me about IP and lost 30lbs so far. I figured with her struggle in the past, this must be good!!! I told my sister about it in the summer who has lost 30lbs in 8 weeks...so here I am, I am ready :D

WELCOME!!!....you will enjoy this program and just remember this is a lifestyle change NOT a diet! this is a great site for information, support and recipes. We are all going through the same journey and we share our experiences with each other. You never know when you will be faced with some of the same temptations as someone else. Have fun and congrats on making one of the best choices in your life :)

Angelique06 10-15-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4072263)
WELCOME!!!....you will enjoy this program and just remember this is a lifestyle change NOT a diet! this is a great site for information, support and recipes. We are all going through the same journey and we share our experiences with each other. You never know when you will be faced with some of the same temptations as someone else. Have fun and congrats on making one of the best choices in your life :)

Thank you!!! I am so inspired by your pictures, you look AMAZING! Thank you for posting them.

wuv2bloved 10-15-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelique06 (Post 4072355)
Thank you!!! I am so inspired by your pictures, you look AMAZING! Thank you for posting them.

I still have a ways to go but I am getting there one lb at a time :)

dashenka 10-15-2011 09:44 PM

Hi, I am Olga. I am 46, I have 22 y.o son, 2 cats and a dog. I started IP 1 1/2 weeks ago, and had my first WI last Thursday-5.6lbs down(and I am doing alternative start due to being a diabetic for 2 weeks-means I can have some carbs with my 3 meals from approved list. IP full forse next Thursday.
I am glad I found this forum! I am sure I will have lots of questions and you are a wealth of knowledge here to draw upon, thank you for that. I have lots of weight to loose-aiming for 81.6 lbs. My mini-goal-another 25 lbs by New Years.

wuv2bloved 10-15-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashenka (Post 4072409)
Hi, I am Olga. I am 46, I have 22 y.o son, 2 cats and a dog. I started IP 1 1/2 weeks ago, and had my first WI last Thursday-5.6lbs down(and I am doing alternative start due to being a diabetic for 2 weeks-means I can have some carbs with my 3 meals from approved list. IP full forse next Thursday.
I am glad I found this forum! I am sure I will have lots of questions and you are a wealth of knowledge here to draw upon, thank you for that. I have lots of weight to loose-aiming for 81.6 lbs. My mini-goal-another 25 lbs by New Years.

Welcome Olga!!.....there is a ton of information here, along with support and recipes. Stick with the program and you will see yourself changing weekly sometimes even daily you will feel changes :)

wuv2bloved 10-17-2011 09:09 PM

I figured I would bump this one also so that some of the newbies on Mom's thread can see there are a lot of us that start every day and you are never alone. We are all in this together and will be there for each other as best as we can :)

bisous3 10-17-2011 09:47 PM

Hi!
I'm Suzanne...this is my first post here!
I started IP today, it's my first time on this program. I know it will work, if for no other reason than because it's the first time I've ever cut the carbs and sugar. My body will not be "used to" this.

Just curious- can I spread out my packets and my veggies? Or can I for example have a drink (packet) and an hour or two later eat my salad, then an hour after that the veggies?

I hope I can offer some help at some point down the road to others here... you are all wonderful inspirations!