Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 11-26-2012

welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 11-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Morning Lisa, thank you for starting the daily chat.

I have to say I am enjoying the kale chips more than the zucchini chips. easier to make and healthier for you. a bit of an acquired taste for me.

journaling this morning, last few days i have let all the compliments get to me. i was almost convinced to go to p2. i have the last 15 pounds to lose and i am going to.

being a working woman and all the stress that carries, i have had a preggo tummy for a while. losing the 20 on ip took a big chunk off, but i want to have flat abs. abs are made in the kitchen. i do not wish to gain this weight back again, have done it more times than i care to count.

major nsv - was able to get into my wedding blouse, have not since the wedding and it has been 20 years. so very happy. about 10 pounds from what i weighed when i got married.

100% op all they way
Old 11-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #3  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Morning Lisa, thank you for starting the daily chat.

I have to say I am enjoying the kale chips more than the zucchini chips. easier to make and healthier for you. a bit of an acquired taste for me.

journaling this morning, last few days i have let all the compliments get to me. i was almost convinced to go to p2. i have the last 15 pounds to lose and i am going to.

being a working woman and all the stress that carries, i have had a preggo tummy for a while. losing the 20 on ip took a big chunk off, but i want to have flat abs. abs are made in the kitchen. i do not wish to gain this weight back again, have done it more times than i care to count.

major nsv - was able to get into my wedding blouse, have not since the wedding and it has been 20 years. so very happy. about 10 pounds from what i weighed when i got married.

100% op all they way
In two months that is remarkable and congrats on the blouse...sounds like the inches are moving quickly!

Being new it really helps to read your post, day 6 here. Have not yet found my way to all of my veggies when I am on the roll to various parties etc. i found the way to avoid what I should not eat, but not all of what I should.

Packed everything first thing this morning, so day 6 should work better for me. Congrats again and thank you for posting.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Good Morning!! I had to change my WI until Wednesday. I get so nervous about it. I know I stayed OP 100% but I guess it's just my MO. I want to look like I have lost enough to people notice Christmas eve.

Looking forward to a wonderful day with my daughter. It's my husband's Birthday and I am letting her decide what kind of cake she wants to make. Last I heard it was strawberry cake with choco frosting. HA HA HA!! I am trying to convince her to make a lasagna since I know she would have fun putting it together.

I plan on having chicken or turkey meatballs, with zucchini spaghetti. Need to decide how to spice it up. Any ideas??

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Lost 1 lb this week so I am officially in the 160's!!!!!

We ate out a few times and also with not being able to measure out the turkey and veggies at Thanksgiving dinners, I was worried about the weigh in this morning. I'm so thrilled with that 1 lb loss!

Last night I decided to clean out more of my closet and also try on some of the size 10's I have to see how close I am. I had 6 pairs of dress pants in size 10, and I managed to get each pair on and zipped. They are a little more snug than I dare to wear, so I'm hoping I will be in them in the next 1-2 weeks. My size 12's are all loose now, and I need to wear a belt with them.

I also wore a size M coat today that I havent worn for years. Time to donate all the 1x & XL's that are in my coat closet.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Ragdoll congrats on the 1 pound loss during t-week, that is great. Your 10's will be loose soon enough, keep it up
Old 11-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Lost 1 lb this week so I am officially in the 160's!!!!!

We ate out a few times and also with not being able to measure out the turkey and veggies at Thanksgiving dinners, I was worried about the weigh in this morning. I'm so thrilled with that 1 lb loss!

Last night I decided to clean out more of my closet and also try on some of the size 10's I have to see how close I am. I had 6 pairs of dress pants in size 10, and I managed to get each pair on and zipped. They are a little more snug than I dare to wear, so I'm hoping I will be in them in the next 1-2 weeks. My size 12's are all loose now, and I need to wear a belt with them.

I also wore a size M coat today that I havent worn for years. Time to donate all the 1x & XL's that are in my coat closet.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Awesome job Ragdoll. You are doing so well. I don't know if you have seen this clothing exchange thread. But, here is the link if you are interested in posting your size 12's: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exchange.html

I know you will be in those 10's soon!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #8  

Awesome job to all!
Sonya Your post really helped me. Im being encouraged to move my goal weight up by some people but I believe that i can get to where I want to be. I don't want to be one lb from being overweight. I already moved it up 10 but the final number is up to me and my dr. Ok, me. Least I raised it from the initial weight I wanted to be which was 110! I am 5'9"
Old 11-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Awesome job to all!
Sonya Your post really helped me. Im being encouraged to move my goal weight up by some people but I believe that i can get to where I want to be. I don't want to be one lb from being overweight. I already moved it up 10 but the final number is up to me and my dr. Ok, me. Least I raised it from the initial weight I wanted to be which was 110! I am 5'9"
110 seems really low for someone who is 5'9".

I'd be interested to see how many people actually stick with what their original goal weight was set at. I'm expecting to adjust my goal once I get closer, probably to 130 lbs.

I'd like to be at 22% body fat, which would be in the middle of the fitness range.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #10  
Started IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 258/198/165

Height: 5'7"

Looks like everyone had a good week. Looking forward to getting back to work after a week off. Much easier to stay OP with routine. Didn't stay as good as I hoped to over the holiday weekend. Hoping to not show a gain when I have WI on Wednesday morning. Have a wonderful OP week, everyone!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #11  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I need a holiday from my holiday! This long weekend was crammed with cooking, eating, cleaning, dishes, ub-decorating Thanksgiving, re-decorating Christmas, and my family was here too...so extra entertaining.

Actually didnt get my lunches & ice cream purees prepped for the week yesterday. I was able to get things ready this morning for my day...albeit rushed and in a tizzy, but definitely need to devote some time to cooking tonight.

I took a Pilates class yesterday after Bodypump, it was waaay lower intensity than what i am usually doing but its recommended for my lower back issues. Not too sore this morning, I plan on fitting it in to my weekly rotation. I have no illusions on 6-pack abs, but i definitely am wanting to keep a strong core. I also started sitting on an exercise ball at work.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
110 seems really low for someone who is 5'9".

I'd be interested to see how many people actually stick with what their original goal weight was set at. I'm expecting to adjust my goal once I get closer, probably to 130 lbs.

I'd like to be at 22% body fat, which would be in the middle of the fitness range.
I'd be interested in that as well. I chose my initial goal weight of 175 because it was a weight I was comfortable at for a long time. I was a size 12 at that weight. I'm 5'8" and have a large frame (per my wrist measurement), so I looked good at that weight. I'll be really interested to see what my size will be at that weight with IP. This diet really does change your body. Right now, at 265, I am comfortably in a size 20 pant (18's don't quite zip yet but are up over the hips) and a size 14/16 (or XL) shirt. I do lift weights three times a week, so I think that is helping as well.

--------------------
Good morning all! Had a good 10 day trip to see the in-laws and am finally back home. Missed last weeks weigh in because of the vacation, but stayed OP and was rewarded with a 6.2 pound loss today. Made it halfway and only 5 pounds away from 100 pounds lost. Can't wait to get there. Only two more big holidays to get through (Christmas and New Years) and then everyone will be dieting! So glad I got a good head start.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #13  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Awesome job to all!
I suppose 120 is possible, but based on the BMI calculator that I just ran, it puts you significantly below the "normal" weight range. That is a far distance from "one lb from being overweight". I'm also 5'9". I do not have a small build and I weight train, so I'm rolling with 145. This is the weight I was from the start of college until the start of grad school (about 10 years) and I wore a size 6/8 (big running thighs ). It was easy to maintain, so that's why I chose it. Low for me would be 132. If you've been at 120 before and that is easy for you to maintain, then perhaps that's your sweet spot. Definitly something to discuss with the doctor, though.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Quote:
Awesome job to all!
I think you may have to have some organs surgically removed to get down to 110 at your height! In all seriousness though, you are right that the final number is up to you and your doctor, and you can always adjust downward. See how you feel when you get to 160, and if you want to go lower, go for it.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #15  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Was a little worried about my week 5 WI this morning given Thanksgiving week activities--party Wednesday night, big dinner Thursday, 25th high school reunion Friday night. Ate more salty foods than usual and ate foods that weren't prepared by me so couldn't control ingredients or measure quantities.....but despite that I am down 2.6 lbs this week for a total of 17 lbs!!!

Made garlic roasted kale last night....unbelievably good and super easy!. I highly recommend this recipe:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/garl...0400000107528/
Closed Thread