Old 03-23-2015, 12:40 PM   #1  

Default Two things questions/opinions

I've plateaued already before my week 1 weigh in. So I've stayed the same exact weight for two days, down to the ounce. I only weigh every two days. I've lost 7 pounds so far. Just wondering if it's normal this early.

Also... anyone have suggestions as to how to make the chocolaty chip pancake more moist? Super dry.... either pancake or muffins are very dry. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thank you!
Mariposah79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/148/145

Height: 5'6

That's not even remotely a plateau. A plateau involves multiple weeks with no weight loss or change in body fat percentage. I would recommend only weigh once a week if 7 pounds somehow seems disappointing to you. You are doing well. You've gotten rid of the initial water weight. Depending on your starting weight, you will stabilize to 2-3 pounds a week after your first few weeks, then as you get closer to goal, the losses will start being slower. It's a marathon, snot a sprint. So focus on changing your eating habits and staying 100% OP -- you'll lose as much weight as you are meant to, I promise. The program works.
winewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by winewanderer View Post
That's not even remotely a plateau. A plateau involves multiple weeks with no weight loss or change in body fat percentage. I would recommend only weigh once a week if 7 pounds somehow seems disappointing to you. You are doing well. You've gotten rid of the initial water weight. Depending on your starting weight, you will stabilize to 2-3 pounds a week after your first few weeks, then as you get closer to goal, the losses will start being slower. It's a marathon, snot a sprint. So focus on changing your eating habits and staying 100% OP -- you'll lose as much weight as you are meant to, I promise. The program works.
Thank you. I just heard that IP works fast so I am becoming obsessive. LOL Thanks for your feedback!
Mariposah79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:21 PM   #4  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

I agree with the previous poster! You're doing great!

Regarding the pancakes, I'm not 100% sure, but maybe you could use some of your daily oil in the preparation so that they are a bit more moist. I haven't had those but I used to make "crispy cereal pancakes" all the time and they were pretty good!
LuckyDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Not sure about IP / alt-soy products, but I use whey protein to make pancakes and have found the cooking time is the most important factor. I made the griddle too hot on Sunday and for the first time they were very dry Lesson learned - pre-heat, but only to medium. Watch for the tell-tale bubbles and be sure to flip when the edges are solid.

Btw - 7 pounds is amazing congrats!
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:31 PM   #6  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariposah79 View Post
I've plateaued already before my week 1 weigh in. So I've stayed the same exact weight for two days, down to the ounce. I only weigh every two days. I've lost 7 pounds so far. Just wondering if it's normal this early.

Also... anyone have suggestions as to how to make the chocolaty chip pancake more moist? Super dry.... either pancake or muffins are very dry. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Not sure about IP / alt-soy products, but I use whey protein to make pancakes and have found the cooking time is the most important factor. I made the griddle too hot on Sunday and for the first time they were very dry Lesson learned - pre-heat, but only to medium. Watch for the tell-tale bubbles and be sure to flip when the edges are solid.

Btw - 7 pounds is amazing congrats!
Yup yup yup .. exactly what I learned, too. I switch out some of the olive oil allowance for EV coconut oil (it seems to hold it's moisture level better than OO) and never have the heat higher than a low-medium. Yes, it takes longer, but you end up with fluffier pancakes!
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:11 PM   #7  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariposah79 View Post

This is the recipe I use.

SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff (from FB IP Support Group)
Ingredients:
1 IP chocolate chip pancake mix
¼ tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
2 T. Walden Farms caramel syrup
2 T. liquid egg whites
1 T. water

Directions:
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine chocolate chip pancake mix (dry), baking powder and pinch of salt. Mix to make sure baking powder and salt are distributed well.
2. Add remaining wet ingredients, stir just until mixed. Let rest 1-2 minutes to activate baking powder.
3. Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Pour batter into frying pan to make 2 pancakes and lightly spread batter out into circles to get 2 decent sized pancakes.
4. Cook until edges start to look dry or underside is golden brown. This will take about 2 minutes on medium heat. Flip and cook other side about 30 seconds.
5. Serve with a warmed syrup combination of Walden Farms chocolate and caramel syrup.

SERVINGS: 1 unrestricted

TIP: Omit the salt if you’re looking for a regular Caramel Chocolate Chip Pancake.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:40 PM   #8  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

frawniemae - this looks excellent! I copied and pasted into the Fun with IP Packets thread, crediting you as the poster, of course!
thanks for sharing !
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote