3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Mon, 8/1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239674-ip-daily-chat-mon-8-1-a.html)

patns 08-01-2011 11:26 PM

Wow Sherwood, with 61 pounds gone you must have had lots of things to purge. Good work, that is a great amount of weight off your frame.

patns 08-01-2011 11:27 PM

Good for you Perrfect with sticking to your guns during the family celebration. WTG!!!

MJKinMN 08-01-2011 11:31 PM

I agree completely in that I am there for the social aspect and not for the food, but it seems that food is an important part of our culture and social aspects revolve around it. I know for my family food signifies love, comfort, acceptance, ect. (basically everything that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside) and usually begins with desserts....too bad salad doesnt have that same effect...lol. :)

2be: it is super nice when you have support :hug:

wuv2bloved 08-01-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJKinMN (Post 3968296)
I agree completely in that I am there for the social aspect and not for the food, but it seems that food is an important part of our culture and social aspects revolve around it. I know for my family food signifies love, comfort, acceptance, ect. (basically everything that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside) and usually begins with desserts....too bad salad doesnt have that same effect...lol. :)

2be: it is super nice when you have support :hug:

I am from the South...EVERYTHING revolves around food!! I think everyday is a holiday because of the food we have to be around....lol

Sherwood 08-01-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 3968288)
Wow Sherwood, with 61 pounds gone you must have had lots of things to purge. Good work, that is a great amount of weight off your frame.

Thanks so much! When I shared with hubby (also on IP) that I was having a few anxious moments, he just looked at me and said "you won't gain it back, don't sweat it) - I won't share what my mental (not verbal) response was :)

calee 08-02-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzie (Post 3968190)
That is just great. Let's do it and let me know how it goes with you this week? The support here is great and we don't feel all alone.

That's a deal Jazzie! I love the support on this forum. I know that since I'm doing alternative and weighing in at home, I would have cheated on day 1. This forum really keeps me motivated to just take it one day at a time.

calee 08-02-2011 01:29 AM

Wow, I just read through the last few pages of this thread and I'm in awe of everyone's victories, both on and off the scale. What a fabulous group this is!!

Porthardygurl 08-02-2011 01:55 AM

Oh my goodness...what a bad day... i just feel so weak... I woke up this morning with TOM ..had terrible cramps..i actually had to take tylenol for the pain..i didnt sleep well last night so that didnt help.. i ran out or rtd's..which is sad..cause it really helped me to just grab and go in the morning no matter ifi was going or not going somewhere...so then...i had to make pudding...it came up lumpy...then i carried on through most of my day till lunch...ate my one restricted chocolate soy puffs..was really craving the chocolate..and then started craving the peanut butter really bad..i think i was craving salt..so then i tried eating an egg with some salt on it.. then i went to bed cause i was so tired...had a nap..got up...was up for maybe an hour..glugged some water and had to go back to bed cause i was having some terrible cramps again..so i went back to bed..and slept for several hours..so nd deeply in fact that when i woke up, i thought it was the next morning..but really it was 9:30 and so i got up..and made a pudding cake in the microwave which turned out like a souflee..and choked it down and drank another litre of water down..and i still feel so weak..i just want to go to bed again...im soooo tired..ive never felt so tired and weak as i do this time around on TOM...

disgal 08-02-2011 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Jessica (Post 3967484)
Well as of this morning I am down 33 pounds in 8 weeks! :) I couldn't be happier.
I wasn't really noticing a difference in how I looked, though, so I decided to take some progress pictures... and WOW. I LOVE IP.... It is amazing how much I didn't notice changing, especially when I looked at the comparison.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3967471

I hope everyone is having a wonderful OP day!!! Sorry I haven't been on the threads much... I will do better this week. :hug:

AMAZING PICTURES!! WAY TO GO!!!!:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purrfect (Post 3968253)
NSV!!!!! last night I had a big challenge going out to a restaurant. I wrestled alot with what to do and had great support from my friends here in thinking it through. It was still a battle all day, do I have the wine or not? Stay OP or give in for a celebration, use it as an "excuse".
WELL, I had a wonderful meal completely OP with a little tweaking from the kitchen, and I did NOT drink wine. I found out how great it can feel to be free from the pull of doing what I know is not so good for me. I put love in my body instead of wine.

I know it may seem like a small thing but for me it was huge. I could have done myself in and I chose to stay clean, and so I came home, made a pudding cake, and went to bed.

today I weighed in and was down 1.5 pounds. My losses are coming...not dramatic...but steady.

THANK you!!!

Woot woot!! What a great feeling the next morning, eh??? Awesome!!:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood (Post 3968256)
Well, I did it. Cleared out my closet and drawers today of anything too big. I ended up with 3 garbage bags stuffed to donate. Had some anxiety - I've lost weight before and it didn't stay off, so I was thinking "crap - what happens if I regain?" I know IP works and I understand the phases and how it gently restarts the insulin in a great way, but I definitely had that anxious feeling. I've been reading the after Phase 1 threads, and just by being sensible and having my tastes changed, I know I can do this for the long haul. This purging was a huge step and I'm glad I did it to make room for the new!

Agreed!! This is a HUGE step!!! I still haven't gone thru my old clothes (just moved them)! LOL!! I need to get rid of them!!!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood (Post 3968261)
Congrats Purrfect!! This is no small thing - it's a huge life lesson. I found going out for dinner a bit of a challenge in the beginning, but then I realized that I was there for the social aspect, not the food - oh duh me~!!!:D

So true!!!!:hug:

disgal 08-02-2011 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 3968444)
Oh my goodness...what a bad day... i just feel so weak... I woke up this morning with TOM ..had terrible cramps..i actually had to take tylenol for the pain..i didnt sleep well last night so that didnt help.. i ran out or rtd's..which is sad..cause it really helped me to just grab and go in the morning no matter ifi was going or not going somewhere...so then...i had to make pudding...it came up lumpy...then i carried on through most of my day till lunch...ate my one restricted chocolate soy puffs..was really craving the chocolate..and then started craving the peanut butter really bad..i think i was craving salt..so then i tried eating an egg with some salt on it.. then i went to bed cause i was so tired...had a nap..got up...was up for maybe an hour..glugged some water and had to go back to bed cause i was having some terrible cramps again..so i went back to bed..and slept for several hours..so nd deeply in fact that when i woke up, i thought it was the next morning..but really it was 9:30 and so i got up..and made a pudding cake in the microwave which turned out like a souflee..and choked it down and drank another litre of water down..and i still feel so weak..i just want to go to bed again...im soooo tired..ive never felt so tired and weak as i do this time around on TOM...

Hoping you have a better day today!!!:hug: