3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Mon, 8/1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239674-ip-daily-chat-mon-8-1-a.html)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 08-01-2011 03:22 PM

Wow everyone is doing so great...

Quote:

Originally Posted by calee (Post 3966718)
Jazzie and Caden, me too on hoping to step into the 140's this week!!! Let's do it!

Today was my first at-home, WI. I never thought I'd have the type of success that I've seen here on this support board because I'm getting so close to the end of my journey. What a surprise for me that it actually worked for me, even using the alternative products. My first goal is to see anything under 150 on the scale. My top weight was 249.8 so I'm close to my 100 gone. YAY!

WI #1 -4.6 pinch me please because I just don't believe it.

Started last Monday @ 155, this morning 150.4. So close to my first goal.

That is a great weight loss for one week... congrats on getting close to your 100 lb weight loss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 (Post 3966733)
I am down another 2lbs! Gotta run and get to work.

Congrats you are an inspiration

Quote:

Originally Posted by MInewgoal (Post 3966754)
:carrot::carrot::carrot: Yay for you!!!

I was visited by the whoosh fairy this past week. I was quite shocked tbh. Thought for sure that I'd have a slow week, but hey..Not complaining at all!!!!!!

So, I hit the 50 pounds lost on IP, and I'm only 12 away from goal. Not sure I'll reach it before I have to phase off due to Money issues, but I will still consider my journey a Roaring success, even if I don't hit it.

I contribute my success to all the awesome support here on this boards. :hug::hug:

I am so excited for you, you can do the 12 lbs left and if you have to phase off try the alternatives for a month, I think you will find they are much cheaper, not as good in taste but... how did your interview go? I hope it was a success. We are the same height and weight goal so I hope we both succeed in the next month getting close to our goals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0vingon (Post 3966898)
Hay all! Happy provincial holiday to all those who have the day off.
I'm fresh off of my weekend at my friend's house. It was a wonderful visit. I stayed OP for the better part of it, but I didn't get in enough veggies overall. The one cheat meal was nice, but I felt the effects of it after. I was the only one who didn't drink- I was on water and club soda all weekend and it didn't bother me at all. I was OP yesterday and back to it full force today.
Today is about getting ready for my trip with the kids this weekend. Planning, packing, etc. I hope my Nashua shipment comes soon so I have more packets to take along.
I'm looking forward to August and another 10 lbs gone by the time it's over :).

Have to tell you I was reading your post when you said you were going to your bff's and that she was sending away her husband I thought wow now thats an open marriage .... see I didn't see it was you Cindy and I thought it said Boyfriend... oh man was I confused... Cindy I am glad you had a wonderful weekend and I am proud of you for staying OP (except for once) you did good girl!:hug::hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 3966915)
Well Good morning!

This wasnt the most perfect day to step on the scale..my body decided to retain a pound and a bit of water due to the evil TOM.. It came late this time around..but im just glad it came... wouldnt want any more babies at this moment in time..

I think i might just forgo the whole stepping on the scale thing this week..i dont think it will be very accurate for the next couple of days..

Does anyone else have trouble sleeping from too much energy? It takes me forever to go to bed now..im like up at 7 something every morning now and i end up not being able to take my nap like i used to and then i dont get to bed till like 1 or 2 am..and i cant get to sleep! Its like im wide awake! like someone gave me several shots of caffiene..but the funny thing is i dont drink caffiene..Im not a coffee drinker at all..im not drinking pop at all...im not eating sugar..at all...so its like..totally the ketosis thing...and im so not used to it..Im used to being so tired and drowsy that i dont have the energy to do anything...and now im like SPROING BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE... Maybe im just not used to being healthier and having so much energy..maybe i wasnt supposed to feel fatigued as i had been before i got on this diet????? I used to nap twice a day for like an hour each time...and now..nothing...

Healthier and you sound happier as well. This is great... I would wait a few days because of TOM before stepping on the scale... good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3966916)
Congrats to all!

I am just not losing like others and I have alot to lose. Today I start my second month on IP. I started on July1st and in 31 days only lost 11 lbs and I did not cheat once. Needless to say, I did not make my 15 lbs goal by a long shot. I am hoping August will be better. :)

Bella, were you the one that was drinking propel? because your coach said it was okay? this could be you are having a slow time... just keep going it will get easier and drink your water I drink a lot of water when I am having slow wis even though it averages out to 3.03 lbs so that is still good, but lots of water and more cucumbers I have been told.:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasgirl123 (Post 3966936)
Hello,
My name is Terri. Today is my first day on Ideal Protein. I had the crispy cereal for breakfast. Looking forward to getting to know you!:carrot:

Welcome Terri, you have made a wise choice in your diet program... this diet works just follow it and your body does the rest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stolaf (Post 3967013)
I did my second weigh in and I lost 5.75 pounds last week!! I am so happy and feel terrific!

Congrats that is great... so proud!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pselias (Post 3967215)
Dear whoosh fairy,
If you're not doing anything Wednesday, maybe you'd like to have lunch with me? We can throw back a few bottles of water, snack on some zucchini chips... What do you say? I'd like to rekindle our friendship.

Best wishes,
pselias

Sorry ladies after the whoosh fairy stops off in Montana it is heading north to Alberta and then may go through Saskatchewan to both North Dakota and South... Hopefully it arrives in time for your WIs.:hug:

Celticgirl 08-01-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Jessica (Post 3967484)
Well as of this morning I am down 33 pounds in 8 weeks! :) I couldn't be happier.
I wasn't really noticing a difference in how I looked, though, so I decided to take some progress pictures... and WOW. I LOVE IP.... It is amazing how much I didn't notice changing, especially when I looked at the comparison.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3967471

I hope everyone is having a wonderful OP day!!! Sorry I haven't been on the threads much... I will do better this week. :hug:

You look great!

ItsAboutTime 08-01-2011 03:27 PM

I have to ask, is anyone as number happy as me? For instance, I REALLY want to be a certain weight by the 18th, my 10th anniversary. (What I want is actually HALF way to goal.) I am, as of last Thursday, 10.9 from that goal. That means I need to lose about 3.6 a week for the next 3 weeks to reach it. I have lost that the last 2 weeks but with TOM I'm not sure I'll make it quite there this week. Anyway, it seems like every week I'm figuring numbers of some sort. Am I the only one? I don't let it stress me, it just gives me something to shoot for.

Celticgirl 08-01-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 3967491)
Hi, my name is Christyne and i just started IP today. They sell it at a gym i walk by everyday to go to work and last week i finally decided to look into it. I have about 145lbs to lose, in the past few years, no diet has worked (which they did before). I actually should be called for gastric bypass in the next 6-8 months so this is my last effort to avoid surgery.

I'm 37, engaged but refuse to get married weighting this much. We are a blended family, I have 3 kids and he has one (with us full-time) so our kids are 14, 12, 10 and 9. So between the kids, working full-time, the animals (1 dog and 4 cats), I have been really lazy about working on myself and really haven’t made the effort to.

But now it has changed, I read a lot on IP and saw that it really has mixed reviews. What is appealing to me is that it should (hopefully) give me some quick results which is always encouraging.

I actually have a couple of questions:

Why is it that the program doesn't change regardless how much someone weights?
Are we allowed to use crystal light or something similar to add flavor to water?

Thanks and congratulations to all of you for your great weight loss.

:welcome: You'll find a lot of good support and info here!

ItsAboutTime 08-01-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Well as of this morning I am down 33 pounds in 8 weeks! :) I couldn't be happier.
I wasn't really noticing a difference in how I looked, though, so I decided to take some progress pictures... and WOW. I LOVE IP.... It is amazing how much I didn't notice changing, especially when I looked at the comparison.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful OP day!!! Sorry I haven't been on the threads much... I will do better this week. :hug:

You look amazing! Hope I can do the same.

gettinmygrooveback 08-01-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Excellent! I too have lost 33# in 8 weeks. :carrot::carrot::carrot: I am a totally changed person! I wish I would have had the presence of mind to take the same type of photos you have. I believe there are enough overweight pictures of me out there that I didn't care to take another. My avatar is at a 26# loss.

You should be so proud!......

leganegan 08-01-2011 04:28 PM

Well today my coach came to me at work, such a convenience! I could get used to that! ;)

I lost 2.2lbs, total 8.4 in two weeks! I had jenni-O turkey sausage last night with my miracle noodles and zucchini , and didn’t realize turkey sausage is not allowed…oops should have known it tasted so good.
I lost 2inches from my waist since last week.

I should be where I want to be by a wedding in October!
Next challenge…a rehearsal dinner AND wedding this weekend! Ugh! I should move far, far away where I have no friends and family, and events to tempt me. There’s always something!!!! Tom is coming this weekend too….JOY! I WISH THE WHOOSH FAIRY WOULD VISIT AND BRING SOME WILLPOWER DUST!

HAVE A GOOD WEEK EVERYONE!!!

justamom 08-01-2011 04:29 PM

Well do you think the whoosh fairy has time to get to Alaska by Thursday morning?

sandyh50 08-01-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justamom (Post 3967622)
Well do you think the whoosh fairy has time to get to Alaska by Thursday morning?

Maybe there is more than one Whoosh FAiry! We can hope!

Bellamack 08-01-2011 04:32 PM

2RIDE,
Yes, I am the one that was drinking Propel and my coach kept upping how much each week, then others on here thought maybe that could be the problem, so I haven't had any since friday. I am drinking ~100 oz of pure, filtered H2O. We shall see as of this morning, same exact wait for 17 days now, doesn't seem right on this program. I have not cheated at all.

Princess Jessica,
WOW! You have really made progress, you look awesome. Congrats.

jennydoodle 08-01-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 3967491)
Hi, my name is Christyne and i just started IP today. They sell it at a gym i walk by everyday to go to work and last week i finally decided to look into it. I have about 145lbs to lose, in the past few years, no diet has worked (which they did before). I actually should be called for gastric bypass in the next 6-8 months so this is my last effort to avoid surgery.

I'm 37, engaged but refuse to get married weighting this much. We are a blended family, I have 3 kids and he has one (with us full-time) so our kids are 14, 12, 10 and 9. So between the kids, working full-time, the animals (1 dog and 4 cats), I have been really lazy about working on myself and really haven’t made the effort to.

But now it has changed, I read a lot on IP and saw that it really has mixed reviews. What is appealing to me is that it should (hopefully) give me some quick results which is always encouraging.

I actually have a couple of questions:

Why is it that the program doesn't change regardless how much someone weights?
Are we allowed to use crystal light or something similar to add flavor to water?

Thanks and congratulations to all of you for your great weight loss.

Welcome! I would highly recommend reading all of the "sticky" threads to get as much information as possible. The results on IP are absolutely amazing and you will definitely see progress quickly. This should help keep you on track!

I don't know the answer to your 1st question, but we cannot have anything with aspartame so Crystal Light is out. There is a water enhancer called Mio that I believe is acceptable.

patns 08-01-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justamom (Post 3967622)

That's an easy jaunt for the whoosh Fairy, Alaska's not far from Alberta as a bee or a fairy flies! Maybe all us northen people should chip in to buy our own whoosh fairy so she comes around more often.

Ishbel 08-01-2011 05:12 PM

Hey Hey Everyone,

Survived the long weekend here in Saskatchewan a few NSV's.

My 19 year old cousin came to visit and I took him to the Sask Rider and Calgary Stamps game (Cdn football)...surrounded by all this yummy gross greasy food....the SMELL was so good. I went prepared though as I had my dill pickle zippers. I cooked him a homemade egg mcmuffin both mornings (with turkey bacon)...spent some time touring around my town and bought him some gelato...very tough weekend. WHICH leads me to this comment.....CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who do this with a family. It was/is very hard to be around food constantly on this diet.

As much as I want to live with my bf right now I think this diet is easier in my own house as I can remove the temptations and it won't be difficult/hard for anyone else. The VIP (the boyfriend) can have his goodies, but they are at HIS house....so when I'm there I can stay away as I'm prepared, but they aren't in my face at all times. At some point I know I'll have to have them around me and will have to have control but for now it's just easier to have them away from me.

Seriously, way to go you guys...I'm not sure I would be this focused if I didn't just have to worry about myself.

M0vingon 08-01-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 3967496)

Have to tell you I was reading your post when you said you were going to your bff's and that she was sending away her husband I thought wow now thats an open marriage .... see I didn't see it was you Cindy and I thought it said Boyfriend... oh man was I confused... Cindy I am glad you had a wonderful weekend and I am proud of you for staying OP (except for once) you did good girl!:hug::hug:

ROFL! Yeah, I love her, but not like that. :D
As always, thanks for the support.:hug: The party is over and I'm back at it full force now.

wuv2bloved 08-01-2011 06:24 PM

Jessica, you look great keep it up.

Looks like a few of us want the whoosh fairy to slide by this week. I would like to hit 60lbs this week OR out of the 330"s so we will see what happens on Wednesday! Also looks like TOM is visiting a lot this week as well so y'all all know what that means with the scales but don't get discouraged it will just come off the next week. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with TOM any longer.

I am steadily drinking my gallons of water and stay in the bathroom but I don't mind one bit since its fat coming out. The more I drink the more I lose soooo its water water and more water! my boys make fun of me because I am always drinking water they said I am going to float away....haha....Gotta love them.

My youngest weighs 327 and I weigh 333 I told him I am catching up to him. So he goes back to college on Aug 14th, he will be 4 hours away from home He said we are going to have a challenge of who can lose more. I said ok buddy you are ON. I know he will lose more than me because he goes to the gym 3-4 hours a day after classes but if it gives him encouragement, I am all about it! I am going to try to get my oldest to start using alternative he weighs around 280. We are some BIG people...ha