20 pounds (or less) to lose??

You're on Page 8 of 26
Go to
  • Quote: Calee - you and I are close in terms of current weight and our goal. I know you just switched to IP, but how are you finding your losses? Are you exceeding 2-3 lbs / week so far?
    Colliep, I'm sorry I didn't see this question before.

My loss has come to a grinding halt this week. WI#1 -4.6 WI#2 -.6

I have to bring my eating closer in line with Phase 1. I think I've actually been in Phase 2 because I split my 8 oz protein between L & D and eat 2 packets or bars. I just got an order from Nashua and will try harder to follow plan this week. I'm just so grateful to be under 150 for the first time in 35 years. Now to get to 145 and normal BMI!
  • Quote: Oh, and I do the similar bounce you refer to. I hit a lower weight, then bounce back up a pound or so and stay there for about a week before I see another drop. So maybe 2 days per week I weigh my lowest weight . . .
    I think the bounce is fairly common. Now that I've been uner 150 for a week, I hope to see the scale go down a couple of pounds this week. I'm exercising 4x a week and don't want to stop that. I'd rather lose slower but be firming up as I go. I have a lot of skin that needs attention.
  • Glad to see the same comments as I am having. I yo-yo, stay stagnate, then drop. This should be my drop week (I hope) since last week was a .2 gain.

Happy Monday!
  • I am really glad to hear that (selfishly). My weight loss is slow and steady but the "regain" after the drop is always discouraging. (I also don't adhere strictly to the protocol (gasp)). I, too, have been exercising since about 1/2 way through and I am much happier doing that but I think my cheats have kept me out of ketosis so I do encounter a fair amount of hunger . . . and so I am in a vicious cycle of hunger / cheat / no ketosis / hunger / cheat etc. In the end, I guess I am paying a lot for some protein shakes and making up my own diet :/
  • Quote: Congratulations!! 3 pounds is fantastic!!! You should be so proud of yourself.
    Thanks Calee, I was pretty happy considering I felt so BLAH and all I wanted were doritos and gummy bears, lol
    Totally worth it, clothes are fitting less snug again
  • 3 pounds?!?! Woohoo great job!
  • I'm also finding I'm not having the huge weight drops like I did in the begining. My weekly loss is usually around 2lbs. I think as we get closer to goal it's harder for the weight to come off

I'm back on plan today. First day in over a week. I found it a bit difficult at times (craving cookies!! ) but I didn't give into it. Although I did have a bite of peanut butter It's TOM here and the cravings are really hitting hard!

I gained 5lbs last week, but I know it will come off by the end of week, especially if I stay 100% OP. The 5lbs was soooo worth enjoying every bit of my vacation!
  • Welcome back! 5 pounds isn't bad at all and I am sure you will see a quick drop now that you're back!
  • I seem to think I am on vacation as well :/
  • I crashed last night. I had a successful day navigating a tough work situation. I forgot that the hardest time for me is after an event and came home and crashed. I ate 94% fat free popcorn and an apple so I'm back to square one. I think I was so disappointed over losing less than a pound during week 2. I'm not giving up, so I'm right back on it! I have too many work luncheons etc this week. I got through yesterday by having lettuce and a bun-less burger w/sauteed mushrooms for lunch. I should have just had a packet for dinner and I would have been fine. I guess this week I need my protein meal at lunch and stick to plan the rest of the day.

Wish me luck!
  • Calee - I feel you. I am struggling as well. I am OP about 5/7 of the week . . . not exactly what is needed for success. The scale is exactly the same this week as it was last (meaning i am back up the 2 pounds i lost for only 2 days). Even with my cheats, my calorie deficit should have me losing 1.5 - 2 pounds per week yet I haven't seen that yet on the scale. All I can figure is that between the cheats and the workouts my glycogen stores / muscle water retention is keeping the scale up. I think, for me, I should use that higher weight as my base since I will have carbs and workout when off IP. It is just disappointing not to see more movement. On the bright side, slow loss = better for our skin's elasticity!
  • I'm not giving up colliep! And don't you either. You are at a great weight and you're working out so you're toning. Keep with the IP and when the scale does move, you're going to be ecstatic!

I'm going to keep my carbs very low today to get myself back into ketosis. Most of the packets have a lot of carbs so I'm going to go back to square one of putting myself back into ketosis as quickly as possible using meat protein, then switch to packets. I need to see more than trace ketosis to get out of this hungry stage.
  • This thread is perfect for me! I started IP and did my consult on Saturday, weighing 148. Today at home on the scale I came in at 144.5 so I'm super happy that the numbers keep going down. I'm doing IP (100% OP so far) as well as an hour a day 5x a week of bootcamp. I have been asked to modify it so that I don't go too intense. Only 14.5 more to go before my realistic goal for my wedding Sept 24th!! What do you guys think, if I'm OP 100% - is it possible?? I know everyone is different but I'd love to hear your own input based on experience.
  • Quote: This thread is perfect for me! I started IP and did my consult on Saturday, weighing 148. Today at home on the scale I came in at 144.5 so I'm super happy that the numbers keep going down. I'm doing IP (100% OP so far) as well as an hour a day 5x a week of bootcamp. I have been asked to modify it so that I don't go too intense. Only 14.5 more to go before my realistic goal for my wedding Sept 24th!! What do you guys think, if I'm OP 100% - is it possible?? I know everyone is different but I'd love to hear your own input based on experience.
    You'll find a lot of great support and ideas here.
  • Quote: This thread is perfect for me! I started IP and did my consult on Saturday, weighing 148. Today at home on the scale I came in at 144.5 so I'm super happy that the numbers keep going down. I'm doing IP (100% OP so far) as well as an hour a day 5x a week of bootcamp. I have been asked to modify it so that I don't go too intense. Only 14.5 more to go before my realistic goal for my wedding Sept 24th!! What do you guys think, if I'm OP 100% - is it possible?? I know everyone is different but I'd love to hear your own input based on experience.
    Hi Bride,

You and I are alike in both weight and amount of weight we want to lose. You had a great first week! My goal date is Sept. 22 but I too want to reach mine earlier, if possible. I'm realizing though that 2lbs. a week is what most people lose which is good I just wish I hadn't been told the whole 3 to 5 lbs. scenario. My SIL took off 14 lbs. in 5 weeks so I thought I would too but that surely hasn't happened.

I don't know your age but for me, that is my biggest issue, ever! When I was younger, taking off 5 lbs. was easy, that just isn't the case anymore. I'm now 48 and my body thinks if it gives up a fat cell, then it'll shut down and die instantly. Of course learning about how our pancreas is overworked, etc., has helped me understand why that is.

I've never had 20 lbs. to lose before so this is new for me. I did a 5 month remodel, over the winter and that is how I surpassed my typical "need to take off 10 lbs." issue. No kitchen means eating out or eating at your Mom's house, aka the frying capital of the world.

I've taken off about 8 lbs. but a lot in inches. This Thursday will have me completing my 5th IP week but I have to go weigh in early this week (today), so who knows what I'll show as a loss, if any. The inches though keep me motivated.

Boot camp sounds tough and again, some people that work out like that really see results. If you're younger and your body responds quicker, you might be able to lose more than 2 lbs. a week. Also, don't get caught up in the scale number too much, your inches are going to fall off and you're going to have amazing muscle tone. You'll be a beautiful bride!

Good Luck!