3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Those who use Sugar Free Flavored Syrups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239108-those-who-use-sugar-free-flavored-syrups.html)

wildflower613 07-25-2011 10:56 PM

Those who use Sugar Free Flavored Syrups

I am wondering do you like better Torani or DaVinci? Looks like they cost about the same. I am about to place an order and haven't had either. Any thoughts? Very excited to experiment with some different coffees & things using these.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 07-25-2011 11:07 PM

I think they taste quite a bit the same. You have to be very careful I think some of the torani sugar free stuff doesn't use splenda, so read the ingrediences very carefully...

wildflower613 07-25-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 3955489)
I think they taste quite a bit the same. You have to be very careful I think some of the torani sugar free stuff doesn't use splenda, so read the ingrediences very carefully...

I will have to make sure of that! thanks

Jasesgirl 07-26-2011 03:18 AM

I bought:

Devinci sugar free raspberry syrup
Devinci sugar free mint syrup
Devinci sugar free chocolate syrup
Devinci sugar free white chocolate syrup

Ive used both the raspberry syrup and mint syrup in my chocolate pudding to add flavour
and ive combined the raspberry syrup and white chocolate syrup into club soda for a drink..
and ive combined chocolate and mint syrup with club soda for a drink as well..

I really like all of them..

Watkat 07-26-2011 11:12 AM

Here are the Davinci sugar-free syrups made with Splenda:

Almond Sugar Free Syrup
Amaretto Sugar Free Syrup
B-52 Sugar Free Syrup
Banana Sugar Free Syrup
Blueberry Sugar Free Syrup
Butter Rum Sugar Free Syrup
Butterscotch Sugar Free Syrup
Caramel Sugar Free Syrup
Cherry Sugar Free Syrup
Chocolate Sugar Free Syrup
Cinnamon Sugar Free Syrup
Coconut Sugar Free Syrup
Cookie Dough Sugar Free Syrup
Creme de Menthe Sugar Free Syrup
Dulce de Leche Sugar Free Syrup
Egg Nog Sugar Free Syrup
English Toffee Sugar Free Syrup
French Vanilla Sugar Free Syrup
German Chocolate Cake Sugar Free Syrup
Gingerbread Sugar Free Syrup
Hazelnut (Original) Sugar Free Syrup (Untoasted)
Huckleberry Sugar Free Syrup
Irish Cream Sugar Free Syrup
KAHLUAŽ Flavored Sugar Free Syrup
Lime Sugar Free Syrup
Macadamia Nut Sugar Free Syrup
Orange Sugar Free Syrup
Pancake Sugar Free Syrup
Peach Sugar Free Syrup
Peanut Butter Sugar Free Syrup
Peppermint Paddy Sugar Free Syrup
Peppermint Sugar Free Syrup
Pineapple Sugar Free Syrup
Praline Sugar Free Syrup
Pumpkin Pie Sugar Free Syrup
Raspberry Sugar Free Syrup
Root Beer Sugar Free Syrup
Strawberry Sugar Free Syrup
Sweetener Sugar Free Syrup
Toasted Marshmallow Sugar Free Syrup
Vanilla Sugar Free Syrup
Watermelon Sugar Free Syrup
White Chocolate Sugar Free Syrup

readytobea10 07-26-2011 11:22 AM

I have tried both and i prefer the Torani. It doesn't have that "diet" taste and I know the chocolate, hazelnut, and vanilla use Splenda.

Watkat 07-26-2011 11:43 AM

Here are all the Torani syrups that are sugar free made with Splenda:
I received an email from Torani saying ALL of their sugar-free syrups are made with Splenda.
Sugar Free Almond RocaŽ
Sugar Free Almond
Sugar Free Black Cherry
Sugar Free Brown Sugar Cinnamon
Sugar Free Caramel
Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Sugar Free Chocolate Macadamia Nut
Sugar Free Chocolate
Sugar Free Classic Caramel
Sugar Free Classic Hazelnut
Sugar Free Coconut
Sugar Free Coffee
Sugar Free English Toffee
Sugar Free French Vanilla
Sugar Free Gingerbread
Sugar Free Hazelnut
Sugar Free Irish Cream
Sugar Free Lemon
Sugar Free Lime
Sugar Free Mango
Sugar Free Orange
Sugar Free Peach
Sugar Free Peanut Butter
Sugar Free Peppermint
Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie
Sugar Free Raspberry
Sugar Free Salted Caramel
Sugar Free Strawberry
Sugar Free Sweetener syrup
Sugar Free Vanilla Bean
Sugar Free Vanilla
Sugar Free Watermelon
Sugar Free White Chocolate

Ishbel 07-26-2011 11:55 AM

OMGOSH I love this site, this looks like something I could/would try. I'm having difficulty getting used to my coffee black and I'm at one packet of french vanilla splenda. I really like the WF Caramel too but if this is something we can use then I might try this next.

wildflower613 07-26-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 3956247)
OMGOSH I love this site, this looks like something I could/would try. I'm having difficulty getting used to my coffee black and I'm at one packet of french vanilla splenda. I really like the WF Caramel too but if this is something we can use then I might try this next.

This was me earlier this week!! I loved my McDonald's LARGE Iced coffee everyday....now that I found the vanilla Torani 0/0/0 I am :) :) :) My next mission find a way to use more milk...hmmmm?

wildflower613 07-26-2011 02:26 PM

Thanks watkat!! I went ahead and ordered the DaVinic SF Peanut Butter, SF Pumpkin Pie, and SF Chocolate. I also got the Torani SF Vanilla at Wal-Mart. So excited to make a Pumpkin Spice Latte like Starbucks!! Next one I want to try is the SF Peppermint Paddy. Yum!

Bellamack 07-26-2011 02:38 PM

Please post the recipe for the pumpkin spice latte. thanx :)

wildflower613 07-26-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3956623)
Please post the recipe for the pumpkin spice latte. thanx :)

The plan is to use extra black coffee as the espresso shots, SF Pumpkin Pie syrup, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, possibly Chai Tea, Milk and Sugar Free whipped cream if I'm feeling really naughty. I will definitely post the recipe once I have it fine tuned! My syrups are on their way.

Bellamack 07-26-2011 04:04 PM

Thanks,
I just ordered coconut, pumpkin spice, english toffee. I already have vanilla, raspberry & caramel.

Looking forward to the pumpkin! YUM :)

Watkat 07-26-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower613 (Post 3956592)
Thanks watkat!! I went ahead and ordered the DaVinic SF Peanut Butter, SF Pumpkin Pie, and SF Chocolate. I also got the Torani SF Vanilla at Wal-Mart. So excited to make a Pumpkin Spice Latte like Starbucks!! Next one I want to try is the SF Peppermint Paddy. Yum!

You are welcome. I love these! I have the Torani.
Sure makes food taste LOTS better!!1:D

niknakjack 07-26-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower613 (Post 3956584)
This was me earlier this week!! I loved my McDonald's LARGE Iced coffee everyday....now that I found the vanilla Torani 0/0/0 I am :) :) :) My next mission find a way to use more milk...hmmmm?

If you like Iced coffee you will like this.

1 Packet of chocolate IP drink
10 oz. cold coffee, blend together serve over ice, it's yummy!

niknakjack 07-26-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower613 (Post 3956584)

Oh and now you can add your favorite flavored syrup to this yummy frozen coffee deliciousness

I think I'll try this recipe w/1 Packet IP vanilla pudding add 10 oz. cold coffee pour over ice sounds good!

Ishbel 07-26-2011 11:04 PM

Where are you buying them from??? Right off the site??

wildflower613 07-27-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 3957481)
Where are you buying them from??? Right off the site??

Yeah I bought mine right off the davinci site as shipping wasn't too bad, only $5. The torani I found at my local grocer and my Wal-mart.

wildflower613 07-27-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niknakjack (Post 3957459)
If you like Iced coffee you will like this.

1 Packet of chocolate IP drink
10 oz. cold coffee, blend together serve over ice, it's yummy!

Originally, I did the cappuccino mix with my coffee and a little bit of stevia (iced) which was really good now my goal is to have a flavored coffee drink without using up one of my packets for the day. Enter, 0/0/0/ syrups to save the day!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 07-27-2011 12:27 AM

Another really good drink, I drink it most of the winter... chocolaty chai tea with eggnog syrup... it is so good... my friend got me hooked on real eggnog and chai tea before christmas but after starting IP I had to find a replacement and love this one...

I also drink a lot of iced coffee with whatever flavors I have. I have Peanut butter, ( put that with my chocolate pudding as a nice thick drink). picked up a couple of new flavors, dulce de leche, cinnamon, and have almond roca..
I also bought coconut extract, and banana extract. Going to buy vanilla pudding next week so I can have a pina colada. it is just fun to experiment.

wildflower613 07-27-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 3957584)
Another really good drink, I drink it most of the winter... chocolaty chai tea with eggnog syrup... it is so good... my friend got me hooked on real eggnog and chai tea before christmas but after starting IP I had to find a replacement and love this one...

I also drink a lot of iced coffee with whatever flavors I have. I have Peanut butter, ( put that with my chocolate pudding as a nice thick drink). picked up a couple of new flavors, dulce de leche, cinnamon, and have almond roca..
I also bought coconut extract, and banana extract. Going to buy vanilla pudding next week so I can have a pina colada. it is just fun to experiment.

Oh that sounds sooo good. I have a long list of flavors that I want but I thought I better not get too many. Definitely going to want the eggnog and peppermint paddy for the holiday season! Also, last night I was just thinking how good some peanut butter would be in the chocolate pudding "cakes"!!

Ishbel 07-27-2011 10:41 AM

I'm kinda going a little nutzo on the site. Anyone have any opinions on the flavors? From above I've picked:

Egg Nog Sugar Free Syrup 750 mL
Caramel Sugar Free Syrup 750 mL
Peanut Butter Sugar Free Syrup 750 mL
Raspberry Sugar Free Syrup 750 mL

I'm thinking of buying the pumps to help me measure - do any of you have them with pumps? or do you just use a measuring spoon?

Carla

wildflower613 07-27-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 3958176)
I'm kinda going a little nutzo on the site. Anyone have any opinions on the flavors? From above I've picked:

I'm thinking of buying the pumps to help me measure - do any of you have them with pumps? or do you just use a measuring spoon?

Carla

I have only tried the vanilla (which is good) so far so I can't say which ones! I'm sure if I like the 3 I got I'm going to go crazy too! I wanted the pump but I figured I would need a different pump for every flavor and I would rather spend the money on more syrup. I am just using a little 4 oz bottle that I have to measure the 1 oz.

DRM 07-27-2011 01:29 PM

Thanks all for this Great info. I love Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee. I usually get a medium with skim milk and add splenda. But now I found Torani sweetened with Splenda at the local Giant store. Now I will try this to sweeten my Iced Coffee instead. Can't wait....

karenfromtexas 07-27-2011 05:13 PM

I found the Torani syrups at my local Walmart today, thanks to whomever posted where to find it :) However, I didn't buy any because all they had were raspberry, hazelnut, and chocolate. I was looking for something more exotic. I also don't like having to buy a huge bottle. I would prefer to buy smaller bottles so I can have more variety. Does anyone know offhand if you can get it like that online somewhere?

Karen

Watkat 07-27-2011 06:42 PM

Karen, I don't know where to find smaller bottles. I share with my family.
Here is the Torani website:http://shop.torani.com/
You might email or call them.

JellyMae87 07-27-2011 07:14 PM

Can we add these to our water?? Maybe I will be able to get it down faster!

Watkat 07-27-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyMae87 (Post 3959265)

Sure. I don't see why they wouldn't work. I will try it. I have some here.
Okay, the English Toffee is not good. Tastes really like coconut. I am not a fan of coconut. Maybe I just used too much. I think I would stick with the fruit flavors for my water.

wuv2bloved 07-27-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

The Raspberry is good with the water and so is the vanilla!

Watkat 07-27-2011 09:27 PM

THe raspberrry sounds so good! Maybe I will make a slushie!!

katiebeth7 07-27-2011 11:52 PM

Yummmm! I have been using the Torani sf chocolate syrup with the EAS rtd vanilla shake with an instant coffee single serve packet. Heaven on ice for breakfast. I'm using the low carb Advantage EAS shakes as a one a day substitute. Let me know if it works well to make a drink from the puddings!!

Watkat 07-28-2011 07:05 PM

I got my Torani PB syrup this afternoon and immediately tried it with my dark chocolate pudding to make a drink. I added almost 20 oz of water and ice and it was WONDERFUL!! I am so glad I ordered the peanut butter.

wildflower613 07-29-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watkat (Post 3961169)
I got my Torani PB syrup this afternoon and immediately tried it with my dark chocolate pudding to make a drink. I added almost 20 oz of water and ice and it was WONDERFUL!! I am so glad I ordered the peanut butter.

I cannot wait for mine to get here!! and I love it when you can really stretch your drinks out like that and make them so big.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 07-29-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 3958176)

Carla

Hi Carla I have tried every one of them... the raspberry is the only one I didn't totally like... tasted like cough syrup to me... but I also have chocolate raspberry coffee so it was good in there. I did buy 2 pumps for it. I don't know if saskatoon has this but the cheapest place I found them was the grocery people warehouse. they are about $8.79... the little bottles can be found at coffee houses or here in Edmonton at Sweet Tweet, and you can order them online from them just google the name.

Quote:

yes you can, these syrups are what they make Italian sodas with... soda water and syrup...
I have used all the flavors in my puddings, and the peanut butter one in my pudding cakes, the almond rocha in my butterscotch pudding cakes... I use the peanutbutter when I make the thai peanut sauce to give a more authentic peanut butter taste. Right now I am into the iced coffees, or the iced drinks with puddings so I experiment a lot with them... Just another way to get by.:D

wildflower613 08-01-2011 09:07 PM

So I finally got mine today! Can't wait to start playing with them tomorrow :) I didn't realize the PB had 1g Carb :( The chocolate and pumpkin ones both say 0

coliep 08-01-2011 09:41 PM

the caramel also has one gram of carb . . . I was disappointed because I didn't even check before I bought it. =(

wildflower613 08-02-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coliep (Post 3968130)
the caramel also has one gram of carb . . . I was disappointed because I didn't even check before I bought it. =(

I don't think there was a place online (Davinci at least) where you could see the actual nutrition facts. I just assumed it was 0 but I guess I better be careful with that one.

Porthardygurl 08-02-2011 02:01 AM

i have the white chocolate and the raspberry syrups by devinci and man..the two mixed taste awesome..
just like the pepermint paddy tastes awesome with the chocolate..however the chocolate does have a little strange aftertaste..

wildflower613 08-02-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 3968446)
i have the white chocolate and the raspberry syrups by devinci and man..the two mixed taste awesome..
just like the pepermint paddy tastes awesome with the chocolate..however the chocolate does have a little strange aftertaste..

Ooh I want peppermint paddy bad! It's next on my list

niknakjack 08-02-2011 08:48 AM

Netrition.com

On this site its $4.95 for s/h no matter the size of your order and they have both torani and da vinci and you can mix and match.

Netrition.com

I ordered 7 bottles, 3 da vinci and 4 torani
I haves tried both brands and they are similar

I got strawberry, orange, toffee, vanilla, pumpkin pie, egg nog, dulce de leche