Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239highest/233IP/cw219.8/gw150

Height: 5ft 2

Default How long before you can workout???

I am on my 3rd week of IP and getting nervous that I won't be able to lose the weight (I guess its a feeling due to all the other things I've tried in the past). I've lost 8lbs but I feel that maybe I should be doing better.

I am wondering if perhaps I should be doing some type of working out to help me not only lose more inches, but to also tone.
I am going on what is supposed to be my "happy" vacation in 3 and 1/2 months and when I look in the mirror I get scared, there is no way I can go looking this way and have fun.
I don't want to be taunted by how I look, or feel uncomfortable or get upset looking for something that covers up....I want to go and enjoy the NEW ME...
Help any suggestions????
thinmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Hey, I am still considered a "Newbie" but I have noticed that on the weeks I ate more protein (at dinner, so chicken/salmon/beef) I have lost more at WI's. It could just be a fluke but I have looked back at my food diary with my coach and it seems to correlate directly to more weight loss. I am not talking about eating a whole extra portion of protein, but a more generous helping if you will.
Just a suggestion, also having more "movement" has helped a lot. I hope this helps, I feel so good about my weight loss that I have put off exercise (other than light walking) until after goal. One thing at a time for me!
Newpair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I'm not an IP diet expert so this is generic advice for a very low calorie diet like the IP diet.

Brisk walking can be done seven days a week without straining your CNS or stressing your body thus cortisol levels are not going to be affected.

Having said that - if you're not used to doing any exerise at all brisk walking can still be taxing. Thus - take it easy for a couple days and increase your pace and distance over time. Also, make sure you stretch your hamstrings after walking.

Walking can be done along side other exercise as well if it is allowed. Walking burns a fairly small number of calories but they add up over time. First thing in the morning, make it a habit. In 3.5 months walking daily will add an addiitonal 8-10 lbs of fat loss to what you're already going to lose on the diet.

Stick to your plan. 3 months is a long time but it will be here before you know it! Daily discipline is crucial and whenever you feel like wavering just remember why you're doing this. You can do it!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I'm not an IP diet expert so this is generic advice for a very low calorie diet like the IP diet.

Brisk walking can be done seven days a week without straining your CNS or stressing your body thus cortisol levels are not going to be affected.

Having said that - if you're not used to doing any exerise at all brisk walking can still be taxing. Thus - take it easy for a couple days and increase your pace and distance over time. Also, make sure you stretch your hamstrings after walking.

Walking can be done along side other exercise as well if it is allowed. Walking burns a fairly small number of calories but they add up over time. First thing in the morning, make it a habit. In 3.5 months walking daily will add an addiitonal 8-10 lbs of fat loss to what you're already going to lose on the diet.

Stick to your plan. 3 months is a long time but it will be here before you know it! Daily discipline is crucial and whenever you feel like wavering just remember why you're doing this. You can do it!
I wish there was a "like" button, This is great advice!
Newpair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #5  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

I've never stopped working out. I'm on my 3rd week with IP, and work out 3 to 4 times a week by myself and 1 day with a trainer. Exercises can only help if not on the scale you will feel stronger.
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpair View Post
Hey, I am still considered a "Newbie" but I have noticed that on the weeks I ate more protein (at dinner, so chicken/salmon/beef) I have lost more at WI's. It could just be a fluke but I have looked back at my food diary with my coach and it seems to correlate directly to more weight loss. I am not talking about eating a whole extra portion of protein, but a more generous helping if you will.
Just a suggestion, also having more "movement" has helped a lot. I hope this helps, I feel so good about my weight loss that I have put off exercise (other than light walking) until after goal. One thing at a time for me!
How long have u been doing IP, your weight loss is wonderful! I have also read on some other posts people saying the same that when they ate more they lost more.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

Thank you John. I used to work out all the time and then had some medical issues, where I just kept gaining and my system went thru some type of shut down. I did not know you could lose the much with just walking daily, wow that sure is wonderful. I love the elliptical machine and I used to do bootcamp classes that were awesome, but not sure that I could handle bootcamp on the amount of food we consume on IP.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #8  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Ease back into things since you've had some time off. Time and consistancy is the key.

Since you're going to be losing so much weight I would strongly advise you also start doing weight training but check with your IP coach first.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote