Old 06-02-2011, 10:34 AM   #1  
Jocey

S/C/G: (191)...171/151.5/145

Height: 5"4"

Question Drinks

I am new to the protein diet and I find I am having trouble drinking all the water I need. I have given up diet pop completely and drink herbal tea. I was wondering if I am allowed to add chrystal lite to my water? Plus when I am at work I can't drink much because I would always need to go to the washroom. Any suggestion would be most appreciate. I am on day 6 only.
Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

MIO is allowed, as well as crystal light IF it is made with splenda (You should talk to your coach about this, some are not as concerned about the aspertame thing as others).

About going to the washroom all the time, I found that after a week or so my body got more used to the amount of water I was drinking and I didn't need to go nearly as often. That first week I was probably going 6-8 times during a school day though, haha.
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I use Crystal Light with Splenda - but only occasionally as a drink. Really it's because I like making decaf black tea cold as my 'iced tea' (I just prefer it). It's taken me a LONG time to bump up my water to a level that it's appropriate. I can suck back 4-5 litres some days now without thinking (big girl, need water). When I first started it was tough to get what IP wanted me to get. I drink one pot of tea in the morning another in the afternoon and a big glass of water with lunch. That gives me 2.5 litres and I'm not home yet.

It will happen, I loose better when I'm drinking my water. I had a week of -2 and my coached mentioned the water so I tested it by really concentrating on it. I lost -5 the next week.

Keep trying, use the Crystal Light with Splenda though. It will happen!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

I use my fave herbal tea (raspberry thriller - caf free) to make a jug of cold ice tea everyday. I add a little stevia and lemon juice to it. I just use one bag in the jug. I drink it throughout the day, sometimes I just keep topping it up with water. My 14yr old son has started drinking it (it's amazing what kids can get used to...I have not bought any pop or sugary drinks into the house since I started IP...my son whined about it the first couple of weeks, now he says all he's ever thirsty for is water or milk!).
Give it some time, in a week or so, you are going to crave water, water, water!
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #5  
Jocey

S/C/G: (191)...171/151.5/145

Height: 5"4"

Thanks everyone. Your quick response is so appreciated. I am definitely going to try the ice tea and stick to splenda. I can't wait for next week.
Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Your bathroom trips will slow down. When you first start a low carb diet your body drops a lot of water as muscle glycogen levels fall. Within a week your glycogen levels will have leveled out along with your addiitonal bathroom trips.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

John is absolutely right! My first week, I was up 2 or 3 times a night. Second week was 1 or 2 times and now I don't need to get up at all and I haven't changed my water drinking habits at all. This may be TMI, but my first pee every morning is like a never ending torrential downpour....sometimes, it even makes me laugh...the never ending pee!!!
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I just finished a week and yes, it slows down. I drink Tazo passion (decaf) and it tastes great hot and cooled down and use MIO (sooo portable and easy!). Got this awesome insulated hot and cold straw cup so it makes it sooo easy to keep on drinking.
Perpetualdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

I just sip on water all day. I get more than enough. I too have noticed a decrease of having to go after week one.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 231/204/190

Height: 6'

We drink iced green tea around our house, its delicious with splenda, and has antioxidants.
FLAMINGO is offline   Reply With Quote