Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #16  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Wow! Finally! It took a full 5 days this time to achieve Ketosis, but saw "trace" this morning and am feeling much better. I haven't weighed yet but plan on Wednesday. All my clothes are fitting exactly like they used to and I noticed that I was wearing a pair of jeans that I was wearing last year at this time. I have succeeded for 1 yr at keeping my weight off.

For any of you that are scared to go on Maintenance IT WORKS!! The only time it won't work is if you think "Ignorance is Bliss" and quit weighing and have too many cheat days. I did that about a month ago and the weight did creep up. I finally weighed after being in denial and feeling my clothes get tighter and jumped immediately back on Phase 1. That's where I am right now and after 5 days, my clothes are back to normal and I am feeling so much better.

Junk food isn't worth it. I love the way I feel when I can walk confidently and I am not trying to "hide" myself from people. So here is the last little definition I'll leave with you.

Willpower- Temporary discomfort to achieve a long term goal!

So here is your

Last edited by carlasherea; 05-23-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post

Junk food isn't worth it. I love the way I feel when I can walk confidently and I am not trying to "hide" myself from people.
You're so right! I'm so tired of feeling uncomfortable with myself, adjusting my clothes and comparing myself to all of the other people in the room and realizing I am the biggest person in the room. JUNK FOOD ISN'T WORTH IT!!!!!! "I'm in it to win it!" Sorry I just had to throw in a Randy Jackson, American Idol quote!!!

Congratulations on your loss! You look fantastic!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

So I had my first "cheat" in 9 weeks and 2 days. My coworker "forced" me to take a bite of some pulled pork, it was the smallest little taste, so I know it's not going to throw me out of ketosis. It tasted great, and I'm not even feeling guilty for it. In fact, I'm glad I did because it gave me the idea to challenge myself to make pulled pork that is IP P1/2 friendly.

I'm sure there's one out there, but I haven't come across it. Whenever I "perfect" the recipe, I'll make sure to post it!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
So I had my first "cheat" in 9 weeks and 2 days. My coworker "forced" me to take a bite of some pulled pork, it was the smallest little taste, so I know it's not going to throw me out of ketosis. It tasted great, and I'm not even feeling guilty for it. In fact, I'm glad I did because it gave me the idea to challenge myself to make pulled pork that is IP P1/2 friendly.

I'm sure there's one out there, but I haven't come across it. Whenever I "perfect" the recipe, I'll make sure to post it!
Your coworker is obviously trying to sabotage you efforts. Don't allow people to force you to do anything. She should be supportive and respect your choices.

On the other hand, it isn't the worst thing you could have eaten. At least it was protein!

Keep pushing forward and don't let people like that have control of your success.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #20  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

The only thing about pulled pork I see that makes it not IP friendly..is the barbeque sauce...

Doesn't WF make a BBQ sauce..and spice it up a little with like worcester..or something??

-http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fayes-Pulled-Barbecue-Pork/Detail.aspx
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Drive-by post! I read all of today's posts and up to page 5 of the weekend posts. Wow you all are really rocking this diet! Great job everyone!

I just got salad dressing on my glasses. I'm such a mess at work, I really should wear a bib.

NSV for me: I tried on my little red dress, and it fit! Woohooo! Maybe I'll have to get a picture taken. It's quite a tight little number only good for occassions like New Year's Eve, but it's pretty cool. The Ex bought it for me as a Christmas present (without my knowledge or me trying it on). It barely fit then (2003). It's size 38 (we lived in Prague at the time). So that's my NSV for the entire YEAR! I came into the living room and showed my bf and said, "Now we have to go out somewhere for New Year's so I can wear this!" Hahaha...

Also my Vibram Five Fingers shoes are going to be delivered today. I love running and haven't been able to since I was 23 and had 2 years worth of PT for my knees. My knees are fine now unless I try to run. My chiro recommended these shoes which are like going barefoot and said I should try them to run in. My fingers are crossed for it but I know it may not work. But here's to trying! I know there will be a ramp up period of my feet/legs getting used to them.

Also my hip adductor muscles (inner thigh) are killing me today! It's from gardening this weekend, I know it. Who knew that gardening was such a workout! OMG, I feel like I did hundreds of squats. I need Monday to recover from the weekend. I planted more plants - cucumbers (4!), several varieties of lettuce (plants and seeds), the pepper plants that have been languishing in the 6-pack of seedlings I got 2 weeks ago (shame on me), spinach (from seeds, can't wait until they grow!), and my peas that I planted 2 weeks ago are sprouting and about 3-4 inches high! Oh yeah and I planted some more cucumbers from seeds. I love growing things, it's so exciting! LOL I am also cutting bits of vines off of the pothos plant in our VP's office and have them in water to propogate! He hasn't noticed, and I took pity on his poor pothos plant last week and have watered it back to health. It was almost dead. I'm growing an office plant for my coworker and hopefully several more for me.

Just ate my rhubarb for lunch and it was heavenly. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaF View Post
Morning everyone. Victoria day holiday here in Canada. Rainy and yucky in calgary so no gardening I guess

I had a bad night last night. Wasnt feeling well (our whole household is sick with head cold). We are spring cleaning and getting ready for a garage sale and my DH got pizza for everyone. I had a couple peices before I really thought about it. Gawd, feel super guilty

Then I went to bed at 8pm fully exhausted.

Oh well, all I can do now I guess is start today well. I really want to be OP for a while so my body can get used to things but I have cheated a few times already. Thing is, I have still lost so its almost positive reinforcement for the cheating - oops.

A big thank you for all of you on these boards - checking these boards everyday really helps me and keeps me motivated (even though I do cheat sometimes). thank you!!!!!!
You can be encouraged by this....Last week, my son who has been on IP for 9 weeks, was putting a new motor in his Dragster. Needless to say he was hungry, tired and just said wtf when the taco truck came by...he had a big steak wrap with all the trimmings. At weigh in 2 days later, he was down 9 pounds.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 149.5/145.4/138

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Good morning all! Hope everyone made it through the weekend without too much of a struggle! I know I had a tough time, celebrating my friends birthday at her cape cod cottage...I stayed pretty much on point with foods and shakes etc and even at dinner-they had fried clams, I had the seared salmon and extra veggies. I did however fold and had a gin n tonic! I tried like heck yesterday to double my water intake, so we'll see what happens. I have weigh in #2 tonight!

Hope everyone has a great OP day

I caved too and had a glass of wine! My weigh in today and I am somewhat nervous. On the other hand, this is real life and we need to figure out how to manage and thrive in these situations. Don't beat yourself up too bad! I know I'm not going to. I am proud of my loss and know that I will stay on program the rest of the week.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Hey fellow IP'rs, I'm on the train, left New London, Ct at 7:52 and should be in DC by 2:00! So glad I decided on the train, have my cooler packed for this 3 day business mtg. Only complaint is that I usually have 92oz of water down by now but the bathrooms are so gross, I'm only at 24. Oh well, I will make it up when I get to the hotel. Gonna hit the gym tonight and not sure what else. I started jogging on Sat and it feels great! Had to up the protein though. TTYL peeps
Old 05-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #25  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Mrs. D-

Thank you for helping me with the progress pic link. I wasn't around for a few days so I couldn't thank you on the weekend chat.

Thanks again!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
Well, I have WI#6 this morning and all I can say is that I have had 0 losses for 2 weeks in a row, and that depresses me like you wouldn't believe. I am almost scared to get on the scale because I am afraid of not losing any this week either.
In reading these boards I have seen a few women that spent a couple weeks in a stall and then wham! the following weeks were a big drop in either the weight or just in their physical appearance. hang in
Old 05-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #27  

I can't believe how much I notice a difference in just 2 weeks. I am trying not to weigh daily but I do have a measuring tape and I can see the inches lost. Those pants I couldn't even button up at the beginning of this diet, I can now slip on with ease.
My gas woes seem to have died off, I blame it on the peanut butter bar, or the cream of leek soup one or the other, most likely the bar if you ask me.
Thankfully my Fi has been stealing most of them from me so I will avoid them
Congratulations cinnamon sparkles on your little red dress. I too have one that I REALLY want to fit and feel comfortable in.
Yesterday I discovered turnip fries.. who ever came up with this recipe I want to kiss you! my god they are fantastic. I could eat them constantly!
Even FI loved them so much he made himself a second batch.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #28  

Hi Everyone!! Just want to say I've been lurking for awhile on this forum. I started ideal protein one week ago. I can honestly say I like the program and I'm not hungry and have no cravings. Week 1 weigh in i lost 12 1/2 lbs. Thank you for all the inspiration and recipe ideals.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

After reading all the previous threads on Turnip fries and Rubarb applesauce, I went and bought some yesterday while grocery shopping.

Ive been trying to find those recipes... anyone know where or what they are?

Thanks!!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Turnip fries: slice your turnips to look like fries...I put mine in a large ZipLock baggie and add just enough olive oil to coat. Shake in baggie and put on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your sea salt or any spice you desire...nice with cajun spice as well
Bake at 425 for about 30 minutes turning half way

Rhubarb: "chunk" your rhubarb and place in a pot. add a little water (I don't use much as rhubarb is quite watery once cooked) Cook down until very soft and mushy. Add splenda (or sweetener of choice) a little at a time until desired sweetness, or add strawberry Walden Farms syrup to taste. Alternative: add cinnamon after sweetener for a more "apple sauce" flavor
Closed Thread