Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
rjslilmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 59

Unhappy Weight Stall....not enough carbs???

I am heading for WI#5 tomorrow and my weight has seemed to stall...I have lost nothing according to my scale. I have been sticking to the diet and drinking my water, taking my salt and oil...my question is do you think I am not getting enough carbs a day??? I have my three packets of protein but all unrestricted ones and only total carbs a day are maximum 17 carbs...would this be effecting my weight loss journey am I putting myself into starvation mood? TIA>
rjslilmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #2  
Senior Member
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,095

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

You are forgetting to count the carbs in your veggies. I don't know which packets you are using but, maybe try some new ones this week with higher counts? Chocolate drink is 7g, chocolate pudding is 7g, and peach mango is 5g. That is 19g carbs and, maybe a new variety. Sometimes just the change helps.

Also, some people do need more carbs. Not too many but, you could try adding a restricted packet once or twice a week and see if it boosts you. Most people who need more carbs are pretty active in daily life or exercise(d) regular thus, have higher metabolisms. There are others who some literature claim need to have more carbs (certain blood types are suggested to need more carbs, A for instance or slow oxidizers) but, I can't substantiate either of those things.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #3  
Junior Member
 
cpoty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 14

S/C/G: 151/138.2/130

Default

Your body needs at least 20-30 carbs and day to do it's basic functions. If your body does not get that many it will turn protein into glucose for it's functions.

I wouldn't be too concerned if it is the carbs or not. If you are active you may need to add carbs but you might just have hit a plateau. You'll get over it. I once hit a four week plateau with another diet

Drink water water water. Go for a stroll. Eat vegies and most importantly eat all your required food so your body doesn't think it's being starved! If your go into starvation mode your body will do everything in it's
Power to conserve your it's body fat. I wouldn't be concerned this week but if it continues after this week u might have to talk to ur coach for sure.
cpoty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #4  
Junior Member
 
Travelbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 21

S/C/G: 245/194/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Increase your protein. Have an extra protein pack, make sure you're getting 7 oz of meat for dinner. The irony of this diet is the more I eat, the more I lose. If I'm not eating enough, I seem to stall too.
Travelbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
rjslilmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 59

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
You are forgetting to count the carbs in your veggies. I don't know which packets you are using but, maybe try some new ones this week with higher counts? Chocolate drink is 7g, chocolate pudding is 7g, and peach mango is 5g. That is 19g carbs and, maybe a new variety. Sometimes just the change helps.

Also, some people do need more carbs. Not too many but, you could try adding a restricted packet once or twice a week and see if it boosts you. Most people who need more carbs are pretty active in daily life or exercise(d) regular thus, have higher metabolisms. There are others who some literature claim need to have more carbs (certain blood types are suggested to need more carbs, A for instance or slow oxidizers) but, I can't substantiate either of those things.
My total carbs is including all my veggies and everything that is my total daily carb total.
rjslilmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #6  
Senior Member
 
serendipityberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 168

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Default

No, you don't need more carbs. You may need more CALORIES. If you want to see if increased CALORIES will help w/loss, then increase protein (add an egg or can of tuna). Around 5 wks is when wt loss slows down naturally. Keep at it. You will see higher loses one week and a little less then next. My trend around that time was to lose 1-2lbs one wk, 0 the next, followed by a 4ish loss and then another 3. Seems like my body does this pattern every month now.
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #7  
Senior Member
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,095

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjslilmommie View Post
My total carbs is including all my veggies and everything that is my total daily carb total.
Really! WOW! Would you mind giving me that breakdown? I am not sure what veggies you are using. Possibly they are low in calories, fiber, natural carbs and it is acting counter to what you need.

Also, which packets are you using. If you are using only 1, 2 or 3 carb packets maybe try to add more. You need to have a minimum of 20g of carb a day for basic body function. Our bodies don't need much for carbs and some will tell you that you don't need any carbs. I haven't been able to buy into that 100% as what I have read keeps indicating our body does have a few components that run on glucose based energy better than ketase based energy. This usually isn't a problem if you are getting in the right amount of veggies.

Do you mind sharing what you are eating? It might help us out.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #8  
Member
Thread Starter
 
rjslilmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 59

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Really! WOW! Would you mind giving me that breakdown? I am not sure what veggies you are using. Possibly they are low in calories, fiber, natural carbs and it is acting counter to what you need.

Also, which packets are you using. If you are using only 1, 2 or 3 carb packets maybe try to add more. You need to have a minimum of 20g of carb a day for basic body function. Our bodies don't need much for carbs and some will tell you that you don't need any carbs. I haven't been able to buy into that 100% as what I have read keeps indicating our body does have a few components that run on glucose based energy better than ketase based energy. This usually isn't a problem if you are getting in the right amount of veggies.

Do you mind sharing what you are eating? It might help us out.
My average day looks like this:

breakfast: decaf coffee or decaf earl gray tea with EAS Vanilla Drink 1g carb
Lunch: Roman lettuce, 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms and 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
omelt IP package with 1 cup of spinach added to it, if I do not have this then I will have a pudding usually chocolate.
Dinner: 1 cup of steamed brococoli or asparagus, then 1 cup of sliced cucumber and yellow peppers with 5-7 oz of lean meat, usually chicken or fish, rarely do I eat red meat. If I have a stirfry then it is my 2 cups of veggies, usualy mushrooms, spinach and broc with lettuce and my meat with miracle noodles.
Snack: IP package usually a pudding or cappicino drink mix with 1 cup decaf coffee.

I drink about 12-8oz minimum glasses of water a day, plus my 1/2 tsp of sea salt and 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.

Should I be doing someting different? I did buy a few restricted items today as well as miracle noodles.
rjslilmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #9  
Senior Member
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,095

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

I wouldn't worry too much. You are on week five and a stall isn't uncommon and, you could move suddenly for a nice scale change.

What level of protein do you get with the EAS?

You seem to be fine. I think you are getting more carbs than you think.

eas: 1
choc pudding: 7 or omelete: 3
Cappucino: 5 puddings vary:1, 2 or choc which is 7

So: combinations are 5g, 6g or 11g if eas/omelete/pudding
combinations are 9g, 10g, 15g if eas/pudding/pudding
combinations are 8g if eas/omelete/cappucino
combinations are 13g if eas/pudding/cappucino


Add veggies:another 10 to 17g based on what you are describing

You are having 15g to 30g of carbs depending on your choices. Through out a week, if not too many days are at the low end you should be fine.

The only thing I might encourage would be more frequent use of broccoli or spinach to boost your carbs a bit. Otherwise, at this point you seem to be fine. Keep an eye on it after this week's weigh in and after you add the restricted items. you won't need to add many if you are mixing it up with the other packets and veggies.

As was mentioned, you may get equally good results just adding a few different veggies and boosting your protein portions.

Many people do best on the lower carbs and unless you are really stalled, no movement for 3 weeks to a month, I would be inclined to think you are just making some adjustments internally and will get going again soon.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #10  
Member
Thread Starter
 
rjslilmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 59

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I wouldn't worry too much. You are on week five and a stall isn't uncommon and, you could move suddenly for a nice scale change.

What level of protein do you get with the EAS?

You seem to be fine. I think you are getting more carbs than you think.

eas: 1
choc pudding: 7 or omelete: 3
Cappucino: 5 puddings vary:1, 2 or choc which is 7

So: combinations are 5g, 6g or 11g if eas/omelete/pudding
combinations are 9g, 10g, 15g if eas/pudding/pudding
combinations are 8g if eas/omelete/cappucino
combinations are 13g if eas/pudding/cappucino


Add veggies:another 10 to 17g based on what you are describing

You are having 15g to 30g of carbs depending on your choices. Through out a week, if not too many days are at the low end you should be fine.

The only thing I might encourage would be more frequent use of broccoli or spinach to boost your carbs a bit. Otherwise, at this point you seem to be fine. Keep an eye on it after this week's weigh in and after you add the restricted items. you won't need to add many if you are mixing it up with the other packets and veggies.

As was mentioned, you may get equally good results just adding a few different veggies and boosting your protein portions.

Many people do best on the lower carbs and unless you are really stalled, no movement for 3 weeks to a month, I would be inclined to think you are just making some adjustments internally and will get going again soon.
Thank you, the chocolate pudding I Have is only 2g of carbs count, I donlt have the dark chocolate pudding, I had her double check for me the protein for the EAS is 15g?
rjslilmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #11  
Senior Member
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,095

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Well, we are each different so, you can try to see what changes matters for you.

I don't see anything wrong here.

If you are having a 2g of carb chocolate pudding it is either the old one or something different than I get. The new formulation has a bump in carbs to 7g. That is only because a filler which wasn't supposed to be considered as carbs before is now being required to be counted by the FDA for food labeling reasons. Probably, we are getting about the same in terms of useable carbs.

Good luck and stick with it. I am sure you will see the scale move in the near future. I just goes like this sometimes; unfortunately.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
August Weight Loss Challenge FullSteamAhead Chicks up for a Challenge 537 08-15-2009 10:29 AM
Question about carbs TakingCharge Calorie Counters 30 05-21-2009 07:39 AM
why can i still not do it? avi0903 100 lb. Club 83 10-27-2008 10:10 AM
Calories and weight loss azul Weight Loss Support 36 10-04-2008 01:11 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 PM.

Terms of UsePrivacyAdvertiseContact Us3FC HomeModArchivePrivacy StatementTop

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.