Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/158/140

Height: 5'4"

Default New to IP having sleeping issues...anyone else?

I am starting the second week of the IP Diet and doing GREAT (lost 7lbs and 9 3/4 inches the first week)!! However, I have noticed that I am having really bad sleeping issues. Prior to IP I would fall asleep so easily and stay asleep the entire night. Since I have started IP I have a heck of a time even falling asleep and then continually wake up throughout the night. Has anyone else had this happen?? My coach thought that it might be my hormones being affected by the weight loss.

Thanks so much for any info you might be able to give me!

Shelli
sadlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #2  
KMWJ

S/C/G: 171/158/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlo View Post
I am starting the second week of the IP Diet and doing GREAT (lost 7lbs and 9 3/4 inches the first week)!! However, I have noticed that I am having really bad sleeping issues. Prior to IP I would fall asleep so easily and stay asleep the entire night. Since I have started IP I have a heck of a time even falling asleep and then continually wake up throughout the night. Has anyone else had this happen?? My coach thought that it might be my hormones being affected by the weight loss.

Thanks so much for any info you might be able to give me!

Shelli
Weird, I actually find myself sleeping much better at night while I've been on this diet. Why are you waking up throughout the night? Is it because you continually have to use the bathroom? If so, try to have your latest drink of water a few hour before bedtime.

Also, do you by any chance have tea or coffee after dinner? I had a tea a few nights ago around 7 PM and I couldn't fall asleep until 12.. it was clearly the caffeine that was affecting me..
kmjw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #3  
ready to lose it!

S/C/G: 247/231/180

Height: 5' 9"

I had that problem the first 2 weeks. I felt like I just had too much energy. My coach suggested drinking calm before bedtime...works great & it help keep you regular.
vballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #4  
ready to lose it!

S/C/G: 247/231/180

Height: 5' 9"

Here is the website for Calm. I've seen it as cheep as $12 for 8 oz (that will last you a couple of months). http://www.petergillham.com/wp/2009/11/natural-calm/
B-)

vballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #5  
Kristin

S/C/G: 216.1/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5"

Hmm... I too find myself sleeping better!
I hope the suggestions mentioned help you sleep better!
Love2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

When my head hits the pillow I am gone till my cat decides he wants some food lol..

If I drink my water to late I might wake up once to go to the bathroom but my sleep is really good, and I wake up ready to go, but thirsty!
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

I don't sleep either, I used to sleep like the dead (before IP) but now I find myself awake at all hours and have a hard time getting back to sleep. I even take a hydrocodone before bed. Last night I took benedryl for a rash I got in the hot tub, and I finally slept.
I too am hoping this is temporary.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:51 AM   #8  
Started IP 3/2/11

S/C/G: 168/137.6/125

I experienced the same thing the first few weeks. It felt like I was buzzing with energy and would wake up throughout the night but now I am sleeping very sound. Hang in there.
ajr418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

I have had sleep issues for a couple of years, and my first few weeks in IP it got much worse, but as the weight has come off, things have improved so much. I'm sleeping better than I have in a long time. That's just one of several pre-menopause symptoms that have lessened or disappeared along with the fat. Gotta love that!!!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:32 AM   #10  

I just started MOnday, but I am experiencing the same problem. I am usually asleep soon as I hit the pillow but now I am really annoying my husband lol because I am up later and am rolling around all hours of the night...
Aimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #11  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I have gone through periods of not sleeping well and then others of sleeping soundly throughout the night. I think it's just a sign that our bodies are adjusting...

One night, I dreamed that I ate all the junk food in the entire world. I woke up feeling terribly guilty and couldn't get back to sleep. This hasn't happened since about week 4, so I think it's part of the mental piece of getting over the cravings. Never dreamed of food before this diet, and then only a few weird "binge" dreams before this passed.

Other nights, I think I've had too much water too late in the day and I'm up 4-5 times during the night to use the bathroom. I've tried to push my water earlier in the day to help with this, and it seems to be working...

Then there are the the nights that I hit the pillow and wake up the next morning and am surprised when I look at the clock. These, of course, are the best. I do try to give myself more of a chance to sleep on this diet. I've heard from many people that our bodies heal while sleeping... since losing inches is considered "healing," best to allow our bodies the maximum opportunity to sleep. Not to mention then you don't need as much caffeine to get going the next day, which helps in many more ways than just the sleep alone.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/136/135

Height: 5'2"

I find I'm sleeping better and I'm a night shift worker. Only thing that wakes me is having to go to the bathroom so try to cut back on my water closer to bedtime.
korsstubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

I am the opposite, I can't get enough sleep and I am tired all the time. As for the bathroom, I wake up at least twice in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, but go right back to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I just can't seem to get any energy at night, and I am usually a night hawk. I go to bed around 9:30 - 10 pm and get up at 7:30 am for work, and on the weekends I am sleeping 10-12 hours a night. I hope this passes as well as I seem to be sleeping half my life away.
I don't drink caffeinated drinks after my first coffee of the morning either, and I have no choice but to have water with my snack pills late (9pm) as I get home late.
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
I am the opposite, I can't get enough sleep and I am tired all the time. As for the bathroom, I wake up at least twice in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, but go right back to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I just can't seem to get any energy at night, and I am usually a night hawk. I go to bed around 9:30 - 10 pm and get up at 7:30 am for work, and on the weekends I am sleeping 10-12 hours a night. I hope this passes as well as I seem to be sleeping half my life away.
I don't drink caffeinated drinks after my first coffee of the morning either, and I have no choice but to have water with my snack pills late (9pm) as I get home late.

Coach told me one day if I was feeling tired, past week two then it was because somewhere I was getting sugar. The withdrawls from the sugar is the tiredness. We found out that the roasted chicken from the grocery store had sugar in it. I stopped buying it..............no more tiredness.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Coach told me one day if I was feeling tired, past week two then it was because somewhere I was getting sugar. The withdrawls from the sugar is the tiredness. We found out that the roasted chicken from the grocery store had sugar in it. I stopped buying it..............no more tiredness.
Thanks for the info...not too sure where the sugar would be coming from, I don't even use extra splenda on anything. I think my days are full, working looking after my grand daughter after work and I have a 30 minute drive to and from work. I don't know...I will keep OP as I am finally getting into the program, and I will talk to my coach next week. (I live in a Northern Manitoba City and I don't have a coach here, she's in AB)
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote