Old 04-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Default What's going on with TOM these days?

I apologize, especially to the guys who may be reading this, about the TMI:

Today is my 18th day on the IP diet (yayy!!). It's also my 8th day of TOM, which has always lasted 5 days for me. I also just suddenly started getting cramps 2 days ago, which is weird because that usually happens a few days before TOM visits. It's just... been different, like really light (not complaining!) and constant. And I'm running out of pantiliners.

Is this normal?
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #2  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

this first 2 times after being on IP, it lasted for 10 days (i am normally around 5 days). this time is really strange because it was really heavy with bad cramps for 3 days and now it's almost gone. TOM doesn't make any sense on IP.
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

You are releasing a ton of estrogen with your fat loss, so yes, this is normal. It's also important to note that this disruption to your normal cycle interferes with birth control pills. Check out some of the stickies for more info.
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #4  

Haha you're right, longdivision, TOM does not make sense on IP. :P Glad I'm not the only one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
You are releasing a ton of estrogen with your fat loss, so yes, this is normal. It's also important to note that this disruption to your normal cycle interferes with birth control pills. Check out some of the stickies for more info.
Thanks so much for the explanation! Do you know where exactly I could find this info? I don't have the internet at home, so I can only get on while at work, and needless to say I can't spend too much time reading all the threads. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

I'm getting ready to start and my body is going crazy with cravings and obsessions with food! I gave in a tiny bit and I think it was a huge mistake! I got a headache and even worse cravings!!
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #6  

I still have yet to find info about TOM on the stickies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
I'm getting ready to start and my body is going crazy with cravings and obsessions with food! I gave in a tiny bit and I think it was a huge mistake! I got a headache and even worse cravings!!
Mine started Tuesday, 3/29, and it's STILL going lol. It changed today, it's normal (instead of super light), so maybe I've got just a few days left? I hope! Luckily, I haven't had any of my usual junk food/chocolate cravings. I actually crave red meat on this diet. Sort of. In the afternoon, I canNOT wait for dinner, when I can stir fry some 93/7 ground beef (with veggies of course). I never realized how amazing meat tasted just by itself! Haha.

Anyway, if I do crave carb-filled food, I will keep your experience in mind and just say no!