Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Mama ....

I know our bodies like to lose a lot and then lose nothing. Don't lose faith, you'll get there.

A tip that was recommended to me by my coach when I slowed way down, is to have a protein pack instead of your cooked protein. I have been doing it for about 5 weeks now, it helped me. It can be tough to do at times and it you can't hang with that, try it every other day or so.
Being less than 3 months in, I don't know if I'm experienced enough to be on this thread but was reading and saw you Sherry! How have you been?? Haven't seen you on the daily chat in a long time and I see now that you've reached your goal, huge congrats girl!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
damn that beer was worth it!!!!
One other thing I've found - and I'm not sure of this, but the evidence strongly suggests it - is that alcohol really screws up the weight loss. Weeks when I had anything at all to drink - even a single, 100-calorie, lowest-carb-possible shot of scotch - I lost nothing all week, no matter what I did.

Could have been just part of a normal plateau, but, I really think there's a correlation.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #303  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaf373 View Post
One other thing I've found - and I'm not sure of this, but the evidence strongly suggests it - is that alcohol really screws up the weight loss. Weeks when I had anything at all to drink - even a single, 100-calorie, lowest-carb-possible shot of scotch - I lost nothing all week, no matter what I did.

Could have been just part of a normal plateau, but, I really think there's a correlation.
I have drank a few times now (about 10) over the course of the 34 weeks (the first time was at week 17). When I drank just red wine and did not have any food cheat....I still lost. But that was my first planned cheat. Since then, my planned cheats have all been alcohol and food and I don't lose for a little over a week. When I return from the cheat it takes me a solid week to return to the previous weight (I avoid the scale during that time), but then I get into ketosis and start losing well again. You really need to access if it is worth the time loss.

For me...this has been a long journey and my planned cheats have helped me learn how to make good decisions for the rest of my life and have helped me keep plugging to the finish line.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #304  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaf373 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I have drank a few times now (about 10) over the course of the 34 weeks (the first time was at week 17). When I drank just red wine and did not have any food cheat....I still lost. But that was my first planned cheat. Since then, my planned cheats have all been alcohol and food and I don't lose for a little over a week. When I return from the cheat it takes me a solid week to return to the previous weight (I avoid the scale during that time), but then I get into ketosis and start losing well again. You really need to access if it is worth the time loss.

For me...this has been a long journey and my planned cheats have helped me learn how to make good decisions for the rest of my life and have helped me keep plugging to the finish line.
3 weeks ago I had a planned cheat which was my birthday party. I had more burgers than I should, but had many, many beers. Next day I was up 14 lbs and ended up shedding that plus 1 lb that week. I know it was all fluids and glycogen stores, but 14 lbs wow. Took me over a week to get into ketosis according to the ketone sticks. It was still worth it except for the massive hangover I had the next day. We all get right back on track and continue to lose. Keep at it ladies!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #305  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Attaching one of my favorite cartoons... this is how it's been for me lately...

hugs
Love it! The shops here were loaded with Belgian chocolates the last two weeks. Grrrrrrrr.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #306  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Day three!!! I really like day 3 for some reason. OHH maybe it is because on day 3 my friend Ketosis comes to visit me. Hello Friend!!!

So far so good. I was super sad day 1 & 2 because it was cold here and I was out of hot chocholate. It arrived yesterday so that was a great breakfast.

Hope everyone has an amazing day!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #307  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Love it! The shops here were loaded with Belgian chocolates the last two weeks. Grrrrrrrr.
OMGosh!.. I'd never survive that!.. I think it was my great-niece's [ birthday cake ] a couple of weeks ago that kicked off my sweets cravings... I'm still suffering...... must...control...myself!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Day three!!! I really like day 3 for some reason. OHH maybe it is because on day 3 my friend Ketosis comes to visit me. Hello Friend!!!

So far so good. I was super sad day 1 & 2 because it was cold here and I was out of hot chocholate. It arrived yesterday so that was a great breakfast.

If I can make it to Day 3, I think that's when the big K hits me too... I'm trying to remember exactly how I did this protocol for the first 3 months when it worked so well & the weight just fell off... one thing I remembered yesterday was that I had breakfast as soon as I got up, instead of waiting 'til 10:00 like I've been doing for the past couple of months... then regular meals the rest of the day, as close to the same times every day as I can get them... & of course, no trying to tweak the protocol, no more thinking "just this one [whatever] won't hurt"..

Hang in there, Melissa... after today, ketosis will keep you going...

hugs
Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #308  

Quote:
Yes, if you give up your meat, you will be drinking 4 packets. Also, no restricted items. I hope it helps!

My personal recommendation is to have a nice meal of cooked protein once a week. I just started doing that 2 weeks ago, I'm glad I did. It gives me some quality time at the dinner table, enjoying a nice dinner, while petting the hubby and smooching the doggies...
This is kinda how I've been doing, cooked protein only a couple of times a week, but I was wondering if that was okay... the first 3 months on protocol, I had the recommended one per day... I'm thinking about going back to that, just to see if I can get things moving again... I don't really think that's my biggest problem, but maybe it'll fill me up more & will help me deal with these stupid cravings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
3 weeks ago I had a planned cheat which was my birthday party. I had more burgers than I should, but had many, many beers. Next day I was up 14 lbs and ended up shedding that plus 1 lb that week. I know it was all fluids and glycogen stores, but 14 lbs wow. Took me over a week to get into ketosis according to the ketone sticks. It was still worth it except for the massive hangover I had the next day. We all get right back on track and continue to lose. Keep at it ladies!
WOW!!!.. 14 lbs... good for you, juiceman, getting rid of the extra lbs. so fast... you've been such a success story & your posts are super-inspiring...

hugs
Old 04-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #309  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Being less than 3 months in, I don't know if I'm experienced enough to be on this thread but was reading and saw you Sherry! How have you been?? Haven't seen you on the daily chat in a long time and I see now that you've reached your goal, huge congrats girl!!
Hey Ontario!

So nice to see you, you are looking amazing!!!! Amazing I say!
Want to give a big to our other friends, Juice, Sheshie and Darbs! and a big to Rondar and her beautiful boy, Jace ♥. Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Yea, you won't see me on the daily chat, just can't hang there much any more. Bless those newbies hearts and those who really help them out! We all needed "angels" when we first started, but because my time is limited, I have to stay where it's more helpful.

I couple of notes: I posted yesterday (which is located about your heads) about Syntrax Nectar and Rondar turned me on too. If you order this product, check the netrition on each flavor, so flavors have a very low amount of protein. I guess you could still use them but you would have to add more protein poweder or whatever.

My clinic just screwed me on my WI tonight, but the good news is that I will WI in the morning..... YEA BABY! Much prefer to weigh in the morning anyway... *sniff sniff* Is that a Phase 2 I smell? Ohhh I sure hope so!

Have a awesome day !

P.S. Anyone having trouble with the refresh here? Grrrrrr
Old 04-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Hey Ontario!

Want to give a big to our other friends, Juice, Sheshie and Darbs! and a big to Rondar and her beautiful boy, Jace ♥. Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Yea, you won't see me on the daily chat, just can't hang there much any more. Bless those newbies hearts and those who really help them out! We all needed "angels" when we first started, but because my time is limited, I have to stay where it's more helpful.

I couple of notes: I posted yesterday (which is located about your heads) about Syntrax Nectar and Rondar turned me on too. If you order this product, check the netrition on each flavor, so flavors have a very low amount of protein. I guess you could still use them but you would have to add more protein poweder or whatever.

My clinic just screwed me on my WI tonight, but the good news is that I will WI in the morning..... YEA BABY! Much prefer to weigh in the morning anyway... *sniff sniff* Is that a Phase 2 I smell? Ohhh I sure hope so!

Have a awesome day !

P.S. Anyone having trouble with the refresh here? Grrrrrr
Thank you my friend!! I'm so happy you're still around and doing SO well, can't wait to hear about your WI tomorrow!!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #311  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi! Am I allowed to jump in here? I'm on my 15th week and I read this thread daily and not sure when you're allowed to hop over. Curious to hear from those that stayed OP all the way until they reached their goal? I'm 20 lbs away from my goal and wanting to CHEAT big time (never felt like this for the first 3 months. Also, I had it in my mind to be done May 30th and now it looks like I'll be pushing that to June 30th. It's been a big mental killer to think of doing phase 1 that long. Looking for some encouragement...
Old 04-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #312  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Hi! Am I allowed to jump in here? I'm on my 15th week and I read this thread daily and not sure when you're allowed to hop over. Curious to hear from those that stayed OP all the way until they reached their goal? I'm 20 lbs away from my goal and wanting to CHEAT big time (never felt like this for the first 3 months. Also, I had it in my mind to be done May 30th and now it looks like I'll be pushing that to June 30th. It's been a big mental killer to think of doing phase 1 that long. Looking for some encouragement...
An encouraging story (I think)LOL. I had gastric bypass when I was 35. They did it the "old way" then. HUGE scar! (Similar to open heart surgery scar). I lost 70 pounds then stalled for 20 years!!!! Wish I'd had IP then. June is looking pretty darn good to me. I'll finally be able to get that last 40 pounds gone!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #313  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Here are my words of advice and encouragement. I cheated 3 weeks ago for my Bday. I originally thought I would be at goal by then, but was not and had already scheduled the event. I could have stayed on protocol, but decided I really didn't want too. I drank a horse trough of beer and numerous burgers that day. The next day I was up 14 lbs. I know it was not fat, but fluids and glycogen. I started to get bumed out a bit, but told myself I had planned this and I knew this would happen. I am fairly strong willed person and got right back on protocol the following day even though I still had another horse trough of beer to drink, I threw it out. I am very disciplined and was able to get right back on plan no problem. Was it worth it? Not really, just got a bad hangover and spent the next week restarting, loosing the 14 lbs of crap/fluid and 1 pound extra. Who knows I could be at goal today if not for that. I did it, don't really regret it but will finish 100%.

You need to ask yourself if you can handle the temptation to not get back on program after your cheat. It is tremendously hard. Is your cheat worth it since you are 20lbs from goal? Would it be better to bear down and shed those last 20 and enjoy your cheat? If I could do it over I would just have stayed on plan and had a party afterwards.

Its a personal choice. Be honest with yoursefl when you start asking yourself those questions. Hope this helps a bit.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #314  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Hi Ash!!!

I don't see any rules that say you have to be so far along before you jump in here, so come on in!

I have been 100% protocol since day one and I have been boot camping all the way thru. I was like you, I figured I would hit goal within 6 weeks, 8 weeks max and ya know what? I am on my 13th week. I have been beyond frustrated at times. It really got bad on one weekend when my hubby washed all my jeans in hot water and didn't tell me (he was tired of me saying that they were to big) the next day I went to put them on and I couldn't get them on. I FREAKED! After stewing in my misery for about 5 hours I started crying and when I explain what the matter was, he told me what he did, he had no idea that I couldn't get into them. I'm telling you, that just about de-railed the whole diet, I was about ready to do some serious EATING! lol.

All I can tell you Ash is to keep your head up, look towards your goal and stay focused. That's what I've done thru it all. I do love this diet but brother, I don't want to be on it one more day then I have to. My life of eating to enjoy it (wisely) is out there waiting for me, my "free days" are calling to me but first I have to suceed. We can do this, all of us can do this, we just can't cave into temptation. Remove any and all temptation from your kitchen Ash.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #315  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post

Happy ketosis...stay strong....

Quote:
Hey Ontario!

Want to give a big to our other friends, Juice, Sheshie and Darbs! and a big to Rondar and her beautiful boy, Jace ♥.so!
Good luck with phase 2

Quote:
Anyone is allowed here....I started this so that the newbies won't get discouraged by anything those who have been on the program longer say. As far as your problem...we started at a very similar weight and my original goal was 175. I had planned on being at goal by my cruise in February....I was around 182. Well I had a cruise the last week in Feb, a Wine weekend the 3rd week in March, an overnight in Saratoga, NY, and Atlantic City last week....there wasn't a ton of time to get anything rolling in between all those cheats, but I have managed to take off about 10 pounds in those 2 months with a 9 day cruise cheat, a 3 day wine weekend, and a 5 day trip to AC....all of those days completely whatever I wanted to eat or drink (and boy did I drink). Do I wish I was done and at goal right now....ABSOLUTELY....BUT.....

During that time I learned the most I have learned on this program....I have learned to lose the all or nothing mentality (for the first four months I was pyscho....I didn't even leave my house...I just did IP protocol 100%). I have learned that when I reach goal...it won't be over...I don't go back to the old eating...I need to change forever...so what is the rush?

The last 2 months have helped me keep going and have taught me lessons that I would have never learned otherwise. And I plan my cheat and then I am 100% the day I will say I will be...no more snowball effect.

Well, I have nothing planned (thank goodness) until June 28th. My plan is to get this done. I hope to drop a quick 10 to get me in the low 160's and then hopefully drop another 10 before I leave for Las Vegas on June 28th.

So my original goal was 175 and a size 12 and hopefully some 10's.

Today I am 173 and a size 8 in almost every store. My new goal is to be below 156. So here I go and I hope to get this done.

Don't be discouraged...and think the longer you take the more your lifelong habits will change permanently. Stay strong, be good to yourself, and take your time to a lifetime of health.
Closed Thread