Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/169/150

Default Any MS'ers doing IP?

I'm wondering if anyone else doing IP that has MS is finding some aspects a bit challenging. I'm having a hard time drinking all the water and maintaining a normal life. I am not losing as fast as I would like to even though I am following the plan to the letter (with the exception of only getting about 1/2 the water in per day).
tingles70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5'1"

Default coach help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingles70 View Post
I'm wondering if anyone else doing IP that has MS is finding some aspects a bit challenging. I'm having a hard time drinking all the water and maintaining a normal life. I am not losing as fast as I would like to even though I am following the plan to the letter (with the exception of only getting about 1/2 the water in per day).
Hi, I don't know what day you started but 8 lbs sounds good so far. I do not have MS but I was thinking your coach might have someone to connect with, also hopefully your post will bring in more input. I find it hard to get all the water in on a daily basis and every day I am commited to doing better........ IP has still worked for me, aprox 2.5 lbs a week, may have been faster if I drank the water but I will take it cuz it is so much better than I have ever did before IP. Welcome and stay encouraged because it is worth it. Oh, perhaps some of the sites at the beginning of 3 fat chicks may have some threads related to MS..Bye for now

Last edited by thumper; 03-21-2011 at 11:31 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #3  

Default Thanks!

Thank you for your reply Thumper! I guess I am a little impatient. My weight this morning was better. I guess 10 lbs in two weeks is nothing to hang my head about. My biggest hurdle is getting all the water in, but I will keep at it as well.

Thanks again!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #4  

Newbie on Day 2. I am tired and my thoughts are just about food. This is so hard but I need this restriction. When do you start to lose the hunger feeling and have extra energy?
riverprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #5  

I'm a little over two weeks in and I felt much better on day 4. Stick with it, it is only a couple more days and you will be over the hump. I promise it gets better.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Water Consumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingles70 View Post
I'm a little over two weeks in and I felt much better on day 4. Stick with it, it is only a couple more days and you will be over the hump. I promise it gets better.
What I do to get my water in is I start the day with a glass or two, usually when I get up I"m a little thirsty anyway and have pills to take. Then I eat breakfast and I have a container that holds 3 cups that I use at work. I try and get at least one container in by lunch and that puts me at 5 cups. I usually drink another before I eat my lunch, that makes 7 and I only have one glass left to drink when I get home. Sometimes I drink a little more, like if I exercise.
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:13 PM   #7  

Height: 5'10"

I have MS and I have troubles getting the water in but I do not think that it is MS related. I have never drank alot during the day. When I am at work I totally forget to drink. How long have you been diagnosed?
hemimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #8  

Red face 11 years

11 years ago I was diagnosed. I am doing very well. I work full time, take Tysabri, and have a pretty active lifestyle outside of work too. I was having some pretty serious reflux issues (thank you MS!) that were not responding to traditional meds, so I decided to do Ideal Protein to lose 27 lbs with my Dr's full blessing to try to control the reflux. I have noticed that I feel WAY better since being on IP. Ton's more energy, especially in the afternoon when the MS fatigue can hit. I am not taking the IP vitamins, I am taking a more potent high energy multi from Soloray. I do take the IP potassium I guess.

How long have you been diagnosed? The reason that I have the trouble with all that water is that the MS affects my bladder, and with that much water I have to go every 15 minutes!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #9  

Height: 5'10"

I was diagnosed six years ago. I am doing very well also. I take Copaxone. I have had two children since my diagnosis with no problems. I did not even discuss the Ideal Protein diet with my doctor. I know that I will feel alot better if I can get my additional weight off. My mom also has MS and she has the worst form. She is in a nursing home and is not able to walk and she is only 63. I think that one of the biggest issues is her weight and I have vowed to get this weight off and keep it off. I chose this diet because the MS diet is low carb. Tomorrow is my second weigh in and I will definately say that I do feel better.
hemimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #10  

So sorry to hear about your Mom. But great to hear that you are feeling good on this diet. I was on Copaxone for about five years then switched to Ty. It was really strange not to give myself a shot every day when I switched after 5 years of doing it. I do feel like this diet has had a cleansing effect on my system. My thoughts even seem clearer (which is a Godsend at times).

The only thing that I don't like about this plan is the cost. A friend of mine uses some IP and some Lindora, so I think I'm going to try that as well. I just ordered some of the Lindora shakes at 1/2 the price of the IP shakes. So I'll see how it goes. They seem pretty comparable. Lindora is a little higher carb, but I can adjust that in my meals.

This carrot cracks me up....