3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein -FAQ part 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/227314-ideal-protein-faq-part-2-a.html)

ceeaimage 08-01-2012 09:44 PM

Thank you for the response. How do I use the two products? Are each considered one of my meals? Did you use them and see a difference.
Thank you so much for the information....
I've hit stalls or small loss... I'm getting frustrated but won't give up.
20 down and 20 to go... (-;

ceeaimage 08-01-2012 09:46 PM

BTW wuv2bloved your loss is incredible and you look fabulous...

BirdnTootsMom 08-14-2012 02:49 PM

I think I already know the answer to this but I will ask anyway...
Are we allowed to have turkey bacon in Phase 1?

CherieB 09-24-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdnTootsMom (Post 4437568)
I think I already know the answer to this but I will ask anyway...
Are we allowed to have turkey bacon in Phase 1?

I don't know if you got a response but I was told yes - up to 2 slices.

ambersmilz 09-26-2012 09:33 PM

Does anyone know if the IP is gluten free?

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac and so I can not have anything that has gluten in it. My doctor told me to look into this diet but I do not know if it is celiac friendly or not. Anyone else g-free?

ambersmilz 09-26-2012 09:45 PM

Are eggs allowed on phase one?

scorbett1103 09-26-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambersmilz (Post 4481043)
Are eggs allowed on phase one?

Yes - you can have 2 egg whites a day as a "freebie" or replace your dinner protein with 4 whole eggs + 2 egg whites.

My coach also allowed me to have a hard boiled egg once per day if I was really hungry and having trouble getting through the in-between meals.

t3b 10-07-2012 11:26 AM

Hi! I'm. new to this blogging thing and fairly new to IP. I have read posts where people exercise however my coach said no. I'm on phase 1. Can someone help explain? I was thinking it might help me to exercise. Trying to be 100%!

nobylspoon 10-07-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t3b (Post 4490772)
Hi! I'm. new to this blogging thing and fairly new to IP. I have read posts where people exercise however my coach said no. I'm on phase 1. Can someone help explain? I was thinking it might help me to exercise. Trying to be 100%!

My coach said nothing to raise my heartrate in week 1. After that, I can do mild things like a leisurely walk but nothing strenuous until the first month is over. After my first month we wants me in the gym getting into a weight training routine a few times a week (with added protein on workout days).

Most coaches seem to prefer you wait at least 3 weeks before doing anything that will raise your heartrate. However, my IP branch is located inside my gym so they feel more obligated to allow working out sooner.

t3b 10-07-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobylspoon (Post 4490795)
My coach said nothing to raise my heartrate in week 1. After that, I can do mild things like a leisurely walk but nothing strenuous until the first month is over. After my first month we wants me in the gym getting into a weight training routine a few times a week (with added protein on workout days).

Most coaches seem to prefer you wait at least 3 weeks before doing anything that will raise your heartrate. However, my IP branch is located inside my gym so they feel more obligated to allow working out sooner.

Thank you! I have been wondering about weight training too. I am going to check into it. I think I will feel better exercising. So I have three IP meals (including snack) and one meal of eight ounces of protein. How do you know to eat an extra IP - any exercise or only if heavy exercise?

szzanni86 10-07-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolChickInAFatSuit (Post 4366027)
I just checked for the ingredients in MIO and found this:

Here is the ingredient list:

Water, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

What are you getting here? Propylene Glycol is a clear and slightly bitter liquid that is used to prevent discoloration of foods during storage. It has been shown to cause various diseases in animal studies when consumed in large quantities.

Acesulfame Potassium is a fake sweetener that is potentially carcinogenic.

“Natural Flavor” with fake colors to cause you to imagine the berries depicted on the package. Unfortunately those artificial colors may cause cancer and hyperactivity too.

Last but not least, potassium sorbate is a mold inhibitor* – it allows this product to sit on a shelf for months.

So, Mio is a gobbledegook of chemicals designed to entice consumers, but mostly to increase Kraft profits.

Read the whole article here:
http://blog.fooducate.com/2011/04/11...ng-real-in-it/

Almost everyone will find something "not good"for you in any food. You are concerned about using Mio which i use every day. However, with all respect, your IP food also uses Acesulfame Potassium and silicon dioxide which is used in production of glass and cement. So you could say IP products are not totally healthy for you either. Just saying. Look at your IP ingredients. I love my Mio, it gives me a break from boring.

JulieMango 12-13-2012 12:02 PM

Looking for IP products WITHOUT sucralose...

Hi all,

I've just started IP this morning and trying to find out which IP foods don't contain sucralose/Splenda as I don't want to ingest it due to the way my body reacts to it (headaches, overall bad feeling, etc.). :(

I will be using truvia for my tea.

Any tips? I've searched online and on 3FC for a thread that may already have this but no luck. As I'm on my 1st week I only have the samples and so don't have the full boxes to look through all the ingredients.

Thank you!
:)

ragdoll74 12-13-2012 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieMango (Post 4555807)
Hi all,

I've just started IP this morning and trying to find out which IP foods don't contain sucralose/Splenda as I don't want to ingest it due to the way my body reacts to it (headaches, overall bad feeling, etc.). :(

Any tips? I've searched online and on 3FC for a thread that may already have this but no luck. As I'm on my 1st week I only have the samples and so don't have the full boxes to look through all the ingredients.

Thank you!

This probably needs to be updated with the new products, but it's a start.

You can also get that info on plainprotein.com. Click on the items and you can see the nutritional side panel.

lulubelly 12-13-2012 12:40 PM

Best IP foods to buy phase 1

I am sure it is listed somewhere, I am still in phase one cheated starting again today! I am kinda lost still when it comes to the forums. Can someone please tell me where I can find a list of the better tasting foods? thanks! so much...I'm frusterated:(

nobylspoon 12-13-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieMango (Post 4555807)
Hi all,

Thank you!

I would suggest pure stevia extract instead of Truvia. Truvia has a high carb count.