3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein -FAQ part 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/227314-ideal-protein-faq-part-2-a.html)

Watkat 07-10-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelliroll (Post 3928128)
Is Soya cheese and sauce phase 1 compatible? I am a huge cheese fan and would love some suggestions or ideas on some different substitutes.;):D

I do not know if this is acceptable. You may have to ask your coach.:)

wuv2bloved 07-10-2011 11:25 AM

My coach said that we can have vegan cheese but I forgot to ask what do we count it as....anyone know?

chelliroll 07-10-2011 03:49 PM

Good afternoon all : )
I have a question regarding the apple cidar vinegar dressing recipe. It has 2/3 cup of olive oil in it and i'm wondering could that slow down my weight loss. I have been using it daily for the last week as it is much more flavorful than the WF dressing ( even though I like some of them ). I seem to be stalling at the 6# lost and this will be wk 3 for me tomorrow. I do see a change in my body ie: inches lost im sure, but I feel like im not quite doing something right. Any suggestions? And BTW to all who have been replying to my questions I thank you greatly for all your support, with out you guy's some of us would propably have given up by now.

Watkat 07-10-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelliroll (Post 3929496)
Good afternoon all : )
I have a question regarding the apple cidar vinegar dressing recipe. It has 2/3 cup of olive oil in it and i'm wondering could that slow down my weight loss. I have been using it daily for the last week as it is much more flavorful than the WF dressing ( even though I like some of them ). I seem to be stalling at the 6# lost and this will be wk 3 for me tomorrow. I do see a change in my body ie: inches lost im sure, but I feel like im not quite doing something right. Any suggestions? And BTW to all who have been replying to my questions I thank you greatly for all your support, with out you guy's some of us would propably have given up by now.

We are allowed up to 2 teaspoons of olive oil a day. So just don't use more than 2 teaspoons of dressing on your salad once a day.

kelly1962 07-15-2011 03:39 PM

Can someone tell me how to put the little figures for every 5 lbs lost. I dont know how to do it.

niknakjack 07-15-2011 07:16 PM

Hi, I did the diet four 4 months and ,lost 42lbs and I would actually replace i protein packet for 3 egg whites and veggies. Now I'm doing it again 2 years later to clean myself back up after a stressful 2 months...now I have egg white omlette w/veggies and a chocolate drink mixed w/cold coffee each morning. My coach says you can definatly replace the omlette w/egg whites even 1yolk.
I also read a post som where on here that said egg whites are FREE now just like dill pickles and celery and such. My coach said sure. There are hardly any calories to 3egg whites and it is a good source of protein.
Good Luck.

rooster on a diet 07-16-2011 09:05 AM

Hi all, im new to the ip diet too, on week 2 now and doing great but would love to know more about the egg whites being free too. Im a huge egg white fan. Use to eat them by the dozen ( when training for muscle mass gain ) So got pretty addictided to them LOL! Would love to see showgirlaz shime in on this one. Thanks you!

niknakjack 07-18-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skp (Post 3898206)
What are miracle noodles?

Go to www.miriclenoodle.com and you can read all the info on them. They are basically all water and fiber from plants shaped into noodles or rice. They have no flavor and texture is some what like rice noodles. You rinse them in h2o them cook in boiling h2o for about a minute and then flavor them however you like that is what they will taste like they take on the flavor of whatever you put on them.

MysticSkies 07-20-2011 11:34 AM

A few Questions

Hi,

I'm starting my 2nd week on IP today. I'm not really sure about my coach. So I'd like some feedback from others on the matter.
I went to my 1st appt a week ago yesterday, he did not give me any input into the plan other than the phase 1 information sheet. Before I went to the appt I had done alot of reserch into the program. So I didn't have alot of questions, but I felt like he was really guessing at the answers to most. And some he said he could check in to and find out. He said he was suppose to take measurements and my weight but he really didn't need to unless i really wanted him to... well I did want that info notated. So he did a neck and waist or hip measurement and my weight. I went yesterday, he really didn't have much to say, we did no weight or measurements, and I bought my packets, he also added that he would not be open next week so I needed to make sure I have enough food to make it 2 weeks.
These are my questions; ( he told me all of this was ok to do on the program)
I can have a cheat day once a week. ( i now know this is not true)
I can drink unsweet tea and sweeten it with splenda instead of drinking plain water and this counts as water?
I can use splenda to sweeten foods?
I can't have any tomatoes on phase 1?
Also I see that splenda does have carbs so should I watch that?

Also, he has never done the diet , but became a IP center because his sister had heard good things about it and wanted to be able to buy the products cheaper... so now even if I switch to another coach or center I have to pay the consult fee again and the start up fee. Which was $220, he told me on the phone that he had a special and it was $100 off of the start up... well I get there and he charges me $220 and when I ask he said that it is usually $320. I called a couple of IP centers in the area and they told me $190- 210.

I lost pretty good last week but really feel that I'm getting the short end of the stick with this guy as my coach, he is really nice but I need someone that knows the program and can give me tips and point me in a good direction. It was a big let down yesterday when I realized that my weight and measuremnets would not be recorded. Even though I can do it at home it just seems like it would help if the coach kept record and helped hold you to the plan. We didn't even discuss my week other than me saying "it was good I guess" He also keeps saying that I should have a cheat day to make it easier!

I'd just like to hear what others think about this, if its different at other IP centers maybe it would be worth switching.

Thanks for lisening :)

Mandy

TWoww 07-20-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticSkies (Post 3946626)
Hi,

I'm starting my 2nd week on IP today. I'm not really sure about my coach. So I'd like some feedback from others on the matter.
I went to my 1st appt a week ago yesterday, he did not give me any input into the plan other than the phase 1 information sheet. Before I went to the appt I had done alot of reserch into the program. So I didn't have alot of questions, but I felt like he was really guessing at the answers to most. And some he said he could check in to and find out. He said he was suppose to take measurements and my weight but he really didn't need to unless i really wanted him to... well I did want that info notated. So he did a neck and waist or hip measurement and my weight. I went yesterday, he really didn't have much to say, we did no weight or measurements, and I bought my packets, he also added that he would not be open next week so I needed to make sure I have enough food to make it 2 weeks.
I can drink unsweet tea and sweeten it with splenda instead of drinking plain water and this counts as water?

Also, he has never done the diet , but became a IP center because his sister had heard good things about it and wanted to be able to buy the products cheaper... so now even if I switch to another coach or center I have to pay the consult fee again and the start up fee. Which was $220, he told me on the phone that he had a special and it was $100 off of the start up... well I get there and he charges me $220 and when I ask he said that it is usually $320. I called a couple of IP centers in the area and they told me $190- 210.

I lost pretty good last week but really feel that I'm getting the short end of the stick with this guy as my coach, he is really nice but I need someone that knows the program and can give me tips and point me in a good direction. It was a big let down yesterday when I realized that my weight and measuremnets would not be recorded. Even though I can do it at home it just seems like it would help if the coach kept record and helped hold you to the plan. We didn't even discuss my week other than me saying "it was good I guess" He also keeps saying that I should have a cheat day to make it easier!

I'd just like to hear what others think about this, if its different at other IP centers maybe it would be worth switching.

Mandy

Mandy,
So sorry you have an uneducated coach:( He should at least weigh you once a week, that is part of the reason for the visit. I will tell you, the cheat day is a huge NO! That is something reserved for the phase 4 maintenance phase. Sweenters are allowed but limit to "3". Some people are affected by the artificial sweetners so just keep it to the bare min if you need them. You may have tomatoes as a "restricted" veggie which means only twice in a 7 day period (I don't reccomend the days be back to back). If the tea has caffeine in it, it can not be counted as water. I suggest you drink plain water for a while because you will learn to love and crave it. It is a shame there are people out there with zero knowledge that can open these "clinics". Also as a note, powder splenda has <1 carb gram because of the additives that help it not to clump. Most liquid Splenda products do not have that added carb! Hope this helps some and good luck, do not get frustrated, you have us!!!:dizzy:

niknakjack 07-27-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticSkies (Post 3946626)
Hi,

Mandy

Hmmm.. this does NOT sound good, I'm sure he may be a nice person but you should really try to contact IP home office and tell them about your coach or lack there of. I'm sure IP would not be happy to here that this person is NOT giving you the guidance you deserve or the correct info or you weigh in's. You should let them know so they can train him properly or a lot of people including yourself will be getting the wrong info and the diet may not work correctly then you would all be throwing you money away or rather putting into this guys pocket.

Good Luck, let us know what happens!

niknakjack 07-27-2011 11:46 PM

I also just wanted to add the money you put in to start the program is supposed to be going toward the coaching, that is all part of IP. The money you put out in this program is also paying for the coaching too. Just wanted to point that out to you. YOu should defiantly say something to the IP home office.

Bride2Be310 08-09-2011 11:29 AM

Hello,
I'm not sure if it has been answered somewhere else, but I searched and didn't come across anything.

What happens if you don't eat the full 2 cups of veggies a day? Is that bad?

TIA

Krista7382 08-27-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bride2Be310 (Post 3981494)
Hello,
I'm not sure if it has been answered somewhere else, but I searched and didn't come across anything.

What happens if you don't eat the full 2 cups of veggies a day? Is that bad?

TIA

You are supposed to have 4 file daily plus unlimited lettuce. 2 cups with Lunch and 2 cups with dinner. Not only fo they help you stay full but they help your digestive system. Vegetables are a big part of the diet.

Ladibug7 08-28-2011 07:09 PM

Zevia

This is probably a dumb question but Is ZEVIA brand sugar free stevia sweetened natural diet soda, 0 Calories ok to have once in a while?