3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 1 March 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/226905-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-1-march-2011-a.html)

EatAnts 03-01-2011 06:08 AM

IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

I hope everyone survived Monday, now on-ward with Tuesday...

To see what you missed yesterday: Monday, 28 February 2011

juiceman11 03-01-2011 07:11 AM

Good morning IP'ers. Hope we all have a great day!

How do we post progress pictures? Should it be done in Mini goals thread and just a link in your signature? Is there another way? Is there a prefered way?

Thank you for the help.

CBG 03-01-2011 07:50 AM

Morning all! It is just too darn cold this morning and I have to bundle up in a few minutes to go and do my farm chores...brrrrrrr!
Work is going to be insane for the rest of this week. We finally get to move into our new school starting today! The excitement, the work, the excitement, the work...did I mention the work? A lot of staff have been at the same school for 20-30 years and never had to move classrooms, let alone into a new school. This is a very stressful time for some of them and will not necessarily bring out the best in them! So what do I do to help? Buy them lunch of course. Funny how food is the one constant source in our lives that we use for our celebrations, milestones and to bring us together in tough times.
Have a terrific day everyone! My goal is for my staff to say...that wasn't so bad! We did it, inspite of the freezing weather, move in the middle of the school year (was supposed to open in September) and survived. :)

whosinthemirror 03-01-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBG (Post 3735982)
Morning all! It is just too darn cold this morning and I have to bundle up in a few minutes to go and do my farm chores...brrrrrrr!
Work is going to be insane for the rest of this week. We finally get to move into our new school starting today! The excitement, the work, the excitement, the work...did I mention the work? A lot of staff have been at the same school for 20-30 years and never had to move classrooms, let alone into a new school. This is a very stressful time for some of them and will not necessarily bring out the best in them! So what do I do to help? Buy them lunch of course. Funny how food is the one constant source in our lives that we use for our celebrations, milestones and to bring us together in tough times.
Have a terrific day everyone! My goal is for my staff to say...that wasn't so bad! We did it, inspite of the freezing weather, move in the middle of the school year (was supposed to open in September) and survived. :)

Good luck with your move! Think of all the calories you will be burning!

Vanessa333 03-01-2011 08:19 AM

good morning fellow Ip ers!! Like I told this week-end last week was horrible, I didn,t even step into this forum, I think I was kind of ashame. Oh well, so far this week is perfect! 100 % OP!

Merci Couts for all your encouragement, I must say your french is pretty impressive!!

Juiceman: If it was my B-day, I would probably cheat for this event but only for the meal (and drinks!) and then go back to phase 1 again. I don't think you should phase OFF for only one meal, I think you will slow down your weight lost during the Phase Off. But that's me! For the question about the pictures.. I don't know!

Have a great OP day everyone!

JudoGirl 03-01-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa333 (Post 3736018)
good morning fellow Ip ers!! Like I told this week-end last week was horrible, I didn,t even step into this forum, I think I was kind of ashame. Oh well, so far this week is perfect! 100 % OP!

Merci Couts for all your encouragement, I must say your french is pretty impressive!!

Juiceman: If it was my B-day, I would probably cheat for this event but only for the meal (and drinks!) and then go back to phase 1 again. I don't think you should phase OFF for only one meal, I think you will slow down your weight lost during the Phase Off. But that's me! For the question about the pictures.. I don't know!

Have a great OP day everyone!

I took a step back for a few weeks..I just felt I needed to...and I am committed back with it..sometimes we just slip into our old selves..but its great that we can catch ourselves...lives journey has a lot of twist to it..
Have a great week...think of something you really want when your done..when I hit my goal I'm going right out and buying a red swimsuit for the season...very excited about that...
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
:cloud9:

Coloradodivegirl 03-01-2011 09:22 AM

**jumping down from the rafters with my glass of water**

Whated to wish everyone a great day and sending good vibes for all to have an OP day!!! :cheer2:

I've been trying to read along and staying caught up. Life is a bit crazy with the end of my fiscal year, but I'm ready to grab it by the horns.

I to am on the IP bootcamp and am loving it. Just wondering if I will ever get the opportunity to indulge in one of these wonder bars that I hear so much about. Maybe after I phase off I can give it a try, or if I stall and need to shake things up. Right now, I see them as a cheat (a legal cheat I know, but still a cheat)

I'm doing good and staying on plan. Tomorrow is my date with Mr. Scale and I always look forward to my big date. Remember folks, talk sweetly to Mr. scale before ya hop on. (Go ahead and call me a kiss a$$)

I have been thing about Amber because I haven't heard from her since last tuesday (I think) Amber, where you be?? I hope your out there, making me proud and just saying NO to those off protocal foods!

Back to the rafters for me, to take a shower.... no peeking and please don't flush either... thanks!

TOGETHER WE CAN!

Hollmark 03-01-2011 09:36 AM

Good morning,
We're having a snow day here in SE Manitoba!! Yay, no school!! I'm having a play date with my 3 year old son:). I love snow days and all, but I really wish the weather would warm up, this is RIDICULOUS!!!
Hope everyone has a great day!!

Beachbella 03-01-2011 09:44 AM

OMG Colorado you are the best! Love having your good vibes and comments on this thread on a daily basis. Keeps it upbeat and so very positive around here.

Day 4 on cleanse and all is still good. No issues. Noticing though i am not very hungry almost a little full feeling all the time...I have no idea what that is all about. I found some cans of black soy beans that have been talked about on this site. I am going to give them a try sometime this week with my stir fry bok choy kick I am on lately. I found them in an Asian market.

Well I hope everyone has a great OP day! Also congrats to all NSV's and WI's today.

DinobowerRN 03-01-2011 09:57 AM

Good Morning to all!! Haven't been very chatty over the past few days but have read everything and it is so inspiring to read everyone's success's!! Congrats to all the losers!!!

Juice: Here's my opinion, it's your life, live it the way you want. :)

Boot Camp: I am in!! Have WI this afternoon and having been only getting non restricted products. Will have to give up my ocassional veggies, but that is not a problem for week. Will start today!!

Question: Having been doing really well with my 13o ounces of water each day but will say some days it is a chore. Do you think it would be ok to have a glass of Kool-Aid made with splenda once in while?

Hope every one has a super duper IP Day!!! :hug:

soccerdixie 03-01-2011 10:18 AM

I have been away for a couple of days haven't been doing very well...but today is a new day....Staying 100% OP and reaching my goals......

Good Luck to everyone today and keep your heads up...one day at a time:carrot:

ladyvrod 03-01-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3735938)
Good morning IP'ers. Hope we all have a great day!

How do we post progress pictures? Should it be done in Mini goals thread and just a link in your signature? Is there another way? Is there a prefered way?

Thank you for the help.

Good Morning!
Yep progress pics in the mini goals section then copy the address and paste it in your signature..............so??? really?? we get progress pics from you? yay! You have done so well I can't wait to see pics.

juiceman11 03-01-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyvrod (Post 3736293)
Good Morning!
Yep progress pics in the mini goals section then copy the address and paste it in your signature..............so??? really?? we get progress pics from you? yay! You have done so well I can't wait to see pics.

Thank you. I am debating doing this. I have my wife take the pics for me and they are of me, full body in gym shorts. I figured I would personally see areas transform this way better than having a shirt on. I must say in the 3 pictures I have, there is a difference. Just do not know if I am comfortable about it.

Pegsi 03-01-2011 10:41 AM

Goodmorning everyone Another successful weigh in looks like 2 lb. Peggy is back! And thats okay cause 0 lb. Peggy sucked lol! SO yay for me!

JuicemanJust go wild on your bday one little cheat like a peice of cake or a whole day of cheats will amount to pretty much the same thing. A 3 to 4 day weight loss delay. You won't be eating enough to gain a bunch of weight! Unless you plan on eating your entire cake by yourself lol! Just watch your sugar intake cause that is what will kick you in the *** the hardest! Otherwise enjoy the food the fun the friends and the family! Then the day after come back 100%! Also don't feel guilty about doing it. Its not a cheat its part of YOUR plan!

DinobowerRN I am not sure what koolaide is made out of but if its pretty much 0/0/0 made with splenda it should be fine. I use Nestea singles thay are fantastic and come in a varity of adult flavors like Lemon green tea and Apple Goji. They are 5 cal. 1 carb 0 sugar. Made with Splenda. some of the others use crystal light check your grocery store to find options. Its nice for a change from just water water water!

juiceman11 03-01-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegsi (Post 3736326)
Goodmorning everyone Another successful weigh in looks like 2 lb. Peggy is back! And thats okay cause 0 lb. Peggy sucked lol! SO yay for me!

JuicemanJust go wild on your bday one little cheat like a peice of cake or a whole day of cheats will amount to pretty much the same thing. A 3 to 4 day weight loss delay. You won't be eating enough to gain a bunch of weight! Unless you plan on eating your entire cake by yourself lol! Just watch your sugar intake cause that is what will kick you in the *** the hardest! Otherwise enjoy the food the fun the friends and the family! Then the day after come back 100%! Also don't feel guilty about doing it. Its not a cheat its part of YOUR plan!

DinobowerRN I am not sure what koolaide is made out of but if its pretty much 0/0/0 made with splenda it should be fine. I use Nestea singles thay are fantastic and come in a varity of adult flavors like Lemon green tea and Apple Goji. They are 5 cal. 1 carb 0 sugar. Made with Splenda. some of the others use crystal light check your grocery store to find options. Its nice for a change from just water water water!

Thank you. Congrats on your 2# loss, way to go!