Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 06:31 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 24 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 23 March 2011
Old 03-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!
I woke up to a winter wonderland...and I thought winter was over for us folks in coastal CT. Today I am off to do classroom observations (I'm getting my Master's/teaching certification) and am hoping that the kids won't be too antsy since they won't be able to have outdoor recess.
Weigh-in is tomorrow. I think I'm doing better this week than last so hopefully I'll have a good loss to report next week.
Have a happy Thursday!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #3  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all! WI #11 for me today and it was a only 1.0 pound loss. A little be dissapointing but a loss is a loss. I thought I would see more since I had a very active week at our hosue. Tore out 20-30 trees, bunch of old shrubs and bushes, dug a hole 6 ft x 3 ft x 6.5ft deep to fix some leaking points on my foundation wall. Lots of manual labor.

I hope to have a little bit higher number next week. Take care and have a great day. We are all doing so well.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all! WI #11 for me today and it was a only 1.0 pound loss. A little be dissapointing but a loss is a loss. I thought I would see more since I had a very active week at our hosue. Tore out 20-30 trees, bunch of old shrubs and bushes, dug a hole 6 ft x 3 ft x 6.5ft deep to fix some leaking points on my foundation wall. Lots of manual labor.

I hope to have a little bit higher number next week. Take care and have a great day. We are all doing so well.
Well that is 1 lb. that you will never see again! Keep up the good work, and can I hire you to do some yard work over here lol ?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Well that is 1 lb. that you will never see again! Keep up the good work, and can I hire you to do some yard work over here lol ?
Thank you! I wish I could get my own yard work done. Seems never ending. We bought our house 2 years ago and 2.5 acres. Seems like all I do this time of year is mow, mow, trim, rake....etc. I enjoy it all and the property has really taken shape from what it was from the previous owners.

Atleast I am in KS where the weather looks like it is starting to stay spring like. CT looks like it is still cold. Hit me up when it warms up...LOL! Doing great yourself, keep at it!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Well -1 this week at weigh in..but i'm ok with that...I have 6 lbs left...and its so exciting...Come on Summer I'm ready for you...
Today is exciting..I have carpenters over putting in new counter tops in my bathroom and sinks/facuets...
We bought this lovely house in the Hill Country on an acre..it calm and just right for two people..the deer play in the yard but its older so slowimg i'm changing things...Today I'm going to paint while they work in the bathrooms..
I'm in the kitchen..also I bought a new run for the livingroom I lay it on the tile floor and its warm and inviting...
My nesting juices are flowing today...Have a great Day...
Old 03-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine216 View Post
I also have hypo (diagnosed after my daughter was born 7 years ago). Nothing worked for me other than IP. I've been carefull with brocoly and cabage, making sure it's cooked. Other than that, I have not changed much or worry about the soy. It seems like my losses are a little slower but I'm still so happy with this, I feel awesome. I've had my thyroid checked and my Doctor tells me everything is fine. I always, always take all of my piles at the same time. I've found that it helps.
Thank you for sharing! I also always take my pills at the same time (in the morning) and I wait 2 hours before having my supplements & packet for breaksfast (as recommended by my coach). I was even impressed that my coach knew what to do about Thyroid medication as I did not expect her too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Just wanted to share, I threw all caution to the wind and just posted about an unofficial goal I met this week. I have only shared the pics with 2 close friends, and now with all of 3FC because I feel like I can, which is HUGE. For me, as a photographer, I've always stuck by the excuse that I don't enjoy being on the other side of the lens, that's why I TAKE the pics. Well, bit of a confession, I have always LONGED for the day when I would be comfortable HAVING my picture taken. I'm not there yet but can see that the day may actually come!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3772172
You look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
How do you make your mashed turnips?
I boil the turnips until they are tender although I bet it would be better if I roasted them. I use the 1 oz skim milk (that I do not use in coffee or tea), a bit of water, sea salt and pepper. I love them! I even had a colleague ask me if she could taste some when I had some at work at lunch time one day and she liked it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygal View Post
Stacy, congratulations! I just wanted to pop in to report my progress at my WI today, it was #5 and I was down another 4 lbs.! That makes a total of 23 in 29 days....I would NEVER have dreamed that was possible 29 days ago!

I need to catch up with all of today's posts....was late getting home this evening and then was on the phone forever checking on my dad, who's in the hospital in Florida.....1500 miles away from me so I've been a little more than worried.

Keep up the good work everyone.....this diet rocks!

Hugs,

Mary
Way to go!!! Good luck to your dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
I just finished day 3! I am already seeing results. 3 years ago I was working somewhere with a size 16 uniform. I haven't been able to button both of the buttons in over a year. For giggles today I said "let's try these on!" THEY FIT! How exciting!
Yay! Great start! Keep with it!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-24-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Well -1 this week at weigh in..but i'm ok with that...I have 6 lbs left...and its so exciting...Come on Summer I'm ready for you...
Today is exciting..I have carpenters over putting in new counter tops in my bathroom and sinks/facuets...
We bought this lovely house in the Hill Country on an acre..it calm and just right for two people..the deer play in the yard but its older so slowimg i'm changing things...Today I'm going to paint while they work in the bathrooms..
I'm in the kitchen..also I bought a new run for the livingroom I lay it on the tile floor and its warm and inviting...
My nesting juices are flowing today...Have a great Day...
You're soooo close to goal, I bet you can almost "taste" it.....amazing. Keep up the great work!

Quote:

1lb. lost is a whole heck of a lot better than 1 lb. gained, but I know you know that Perhaps all the activity worked against you? Oh well, I bet you'll have another great loss next week and in the meantime, it must feel great getting all that work done

Just wanted to thank everyone for their compliments on my progress pics. I figured the cat's out of the bag now, still can't believe I've posted pics of myself for the "world to see" (and FULL LENGTH pictures at that) LOL, but, I guess it's all part of the process and I can't wait to look at these pics a few months from now to see just how far I've come....hugely motivating.

It's another cold, snowy day here, but the sun is out at least. Gotta look for a silver lining somewhere I guess. Doc appt. to get blood work results and hopefully we can get something done about this awfully sore back of mine (I guess it's really more of a sore a$$ since it's the tailbone area), and then WI #5 tomorrow morning before I'm off to a resort and spa to shoot all weekend. I've already started to pack my supplements and food I'll need and I'm already excited about the money I'll be saving NOT eating at the restaurants at this place.

Hope everyone has a beautiful, OP day!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions yesterday on freshening my breath during ketosis!

On another note, I will be going in for my first WI on Saturday, and I'm kind of nervous. I've become accustomed to working hard at losing weight, and stepping on the scale only to see that I've gained instead. I wouldn't weigh myself for weeks or months at a time because it always was a terrible discouragement. I'm hoping this time it will be different, but I'm still worried.

Quote:

Wow, it sounds like with all that yard work, maybe you lost 5 pounds of fat, but gained 4 pounds of muscle! Did you lose inches?
Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #10  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions yesterday on freshening my breath during ketosis!

On another note, I will be going in for my first WI on Saturday, and I'm kind of nervous. I've become accustomed to working hard at losing weight, and stepping on the scale only to see that I've gained instead. I wouldn't weigh myself for weeks or months at a time because it always was a terrible discouragement. I'm hoping this time it will be different, but I'm still worried.

Wow, it sounds like with all that yard work, maybe you lost 5 pounds of fat, but gained 4 pounds of muscle! Did you lose inches?
If you follow the IP protocol, you will have a wonderful WI. No need to be nervous as long as you have followed the plan, it works. You will do great.

I follow only the IP protocol and use all alternatives. I weigh at home and do not do measurements. I am more concerned with the weight number at this point.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #11  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Good morning IPers!! I hear birds chirping and my grass is turning green and that can only mean 1 thing...Spring is here!! Hallelujah!

Work was crazy last night and I didn't get my evening veggies in. This morning the scale didn't move. Hmm. Connected? I think so! Today, I'm planning on drinking loads of water and big salads for lunch and dinner. Tomorrow, I will break through on the scale!

Have a fabulous day!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 130.5/123.25/115

Height: 5'0"

First official weigh in and I was down 4 lbs! Couldn't be happier! Day of work, then Brownies for my 7 year old and a meeting at the school with my 16 year old for her upcoming Germany trip.

Other than that, I'm very happy with the first weigh in.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa413 View Post
First official weigh in and I was down 4 lbs! Couldn't be happier! Day of work, then Brownies for my 7 year old and a meeting at the school with my 16 year old for her upcoming Germany trip.

That's great!!! Keep it up!! I'm hoping the same will happen for me on Saturday, as I've been sticking to the diet closely!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa413 View Post

Congrats on a great WI - awesome!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:

Hi Juiceman,

My 22 year old son is wanting to do IP with alternative products, and I'm wondering if you'd give me a sample day of what you use. He's a big guy, and obviously he'll need a lot more protein than I'm getting. Also, he's getting ready for university exams, then will be working construction, so he'll need to keep his energy up. (No sitting around the house feeling weak like I did for the first week! .)

Any advice you have is much appreciated! Thanks.

Kelly
Closed Thread