Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #196  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
An IP crepe is a restricted packet (1/day), turkey bacon and an egg are both protiens (1/day). I'm not sure if you had the whole crepe pkt (I usually get 3 crepes out of 1) but if you did, then you had 2+ protiens for 1 meal. Not a bad thing but that means you need to have 2 non-restricted IP and 4 cups of veggies spread out for your lunch, supper and snack.
No it was only half the pack and I did count it as my restricted for the day
Old 02-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Are there puddings that are similar that I could use? I haven`t bought the bars yet, cause if the higher carb content, and have just been eating puddings, which I don`t mind. And I also don`t like drinks, or shakes so those are out.
Sorry I do not have an opinion on the pudding since I only had what was in my starter packet.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Just wanted to post my WI #4: This week I'm down -6lbs % -1.3% Bodyfat, for a total after 4 weeks of: -21lbs & -3.4% bodyfat. I feel pretty good about my first month on the diet. The only cheats that I had was a few days here and there (maybe 4 total) I ended up missing the snack IP packet because the end of the day just came too soon! Hope everyone has a great weekend. I just got back from putting 120 miles on my snowmobile today.
CONGRATS!!! That is an awesome weightloss for 4 weeks!!! Keep it up!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 209.6/201/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgadsMe View Post
Yippie Yahoo for You! Amazing job!! I'm not ready to eat out myself, but I know someone will have some good suggestions for you. Just make smart choices and stay true to the protocol and you'll be fine. 9.5lbs GONE!

CONGRATS!!
thank you for words of encouragment I went out tonight and had a 5oz. sirloin steak, mushrooms, broccoli with no butter and a house salad with no cheese and courtons, no carrotts. I think the waitress was getting alittle upset with me? Had yummy rolls with huney butter sitting in front of me but didnt touch them! Hope everyone has a good Valentines Day and can stay on program. Oh one question can we have onions on Phase one its not on my list so I didnt know.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

[QUOTE=blueyesnmt;3708952 Oh one question can we have onions on Phase one its not on my list so I didnt know.[/QUOTE]

I was told and it`s on my paper that you can have onions raw or only VERY SLIGHTLY cooked. You can`t carmelize them, too much sugar comes out? when you do that.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #201  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingshouts View Post
To make the pancakes, this is what I do...
Crunch up a packet of crispy cereal
in a small bowl
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp of vanilla
1/4 tsp of baking powder
cinnamin to taste
add cereal and mix well..
cook just as you would a regular pancake.
I eat mine with WF syrup!
I couldn't exactly remember what the recipe was when I made them but mine was pretty much this but I only used one egg white and forgot about the vanilla! It was still good without it though!

NSV for me today is I decided to dry my size 14 jeans (I've been hanging everything up so they wouldnt shrink) and they fit PERFECTLY!!!!

I was SO excited! I was doing my happy dance!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
My thyroid is (unless this protocol has changed it) and has been for the last 10 years, managed well. I take a compound of t4 and t3 that has kept my tsh at 2.5. And my energy was fine before I started this, great actually, I've always been very athletic. I am getting between 800 to 1000 mg of calcium a day. I get 800 in the calcium supplement we all take, and maybe another 200 in the packaged foods. I've just looked at all of them, and that seems to be it. Before this, I was consuming a lot of salad, fish, veggies, unsweetened soy or hemp milk, green powders, a lot of organic whole foods. Since starting the program, yes I've gotten smaller, but my face looks tired and ashen, my joints ache, my energy is low, I'm cold all the time, I look much older, in just 4 weeks. It's fairly disconcerting.
That is what the bouncy cardiologist said to me when I told her about my lack of energy. It seemed fairly thoughtless and she may have said that "it will get better for me". It hasn't.
I'm also wondering if IP may have changed your need for thyroid meds. I take T3 and T4 (Synthroid and Cytomel) and I'm going next week to see the results in my levels since being on IP. I was told by several dr/endo that once you introduce T3 - that the TSH number is pretty much useless. You need to have your T4 and more importantly your T3 levels cked. I've read that low calorie diets slow the T4 to T3 conversion - so if that's the case it seems logical that IP may mean you need more T3. Meaning that maybe you aren't converting as well as you did pre-IP. The only way to know is to test T3 levels.

I know before I got my thyroid meds regulated again (pre-IP - I had been off meds completely for over 10 yrs) my joints hurt unbelievable.

Also - have your Pg levels cked. Prior to getting back on thyroid meds - my Pg levels were almost -0-. I remember one morning looking in the mirror and thinking I looked 60 (I was 41 and suddenly looked WAY older than just a year before) and thinking if I felt this bad (joint pain) at 40 - there was no way I could live another 20 years. Come to find out I had no Pg. There is a huge connection between Pg and Thyroid and for me - being Thyroid deficient had caused a Pg deficiency - and other things. It's take 2 years to get it all straightened back out.

And always being cold - that's a normal side affect of IP - and added to thyroid probably is just worse. I on the other hand am usually hot because my hormonal issues override the thyroid coldness.

I can certainly relate to the whole - can't fit anymore pills in. It's be a REAL struggle for me to get all my pills in - and keep the timing. I'm missed my Synthroid a lot. I usually take it at bedtime - but when I take my supplements @ dinner I many times don't have the 4 hr cushion. So I miss the Synthroid and take it around 4am when I get up to pee. I've yet to find a good routine for all the pills.

Anyway - just some other things to think about. Wishing you luck!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 183/137/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Losing my mind!

I feel like such a fat pile today! I have been following this IP for almost three weeks now, and I'm not losing! My husband is losing weight like crazy. Feeling like a failure and just needed to vent.....-Dawn
Old 02-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 151/136.6/125

Height: 5ft. 3in.

Default Not losing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damascho View Post
I feel like such a fat pile today! I have been following this IP for almost three weeks now, and I'm not losing! My husband is losing weight like crazy. Feeling like a failure and just needed to vent.....-Dawn
Looking at your current weight, it says you've lost 16 lbs. For 3 weeks on IP that sounds really good.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 222/207.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Down 16 lbs is amazing! I guess men lose faster than women on this program... You are not failure, just look at what you've accomplished in the past several weeks. I'm so jealous!! You keep at it and know tomorrow is a new day! Be happy for your honey. Be happy for you. I know we are!!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 183/137/130

Height: 5'7"

No, no. I know. I should be really excited. I think I'm feeling icky because I went in for my yearly yesterday and she told me I still need to lose some weight. What a bummer. It's been at a standstill this week, that's all. I'm really not a 'negative nancy'.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #207  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgadsMe View Post
The olive oil I'm using is new bottle purchased just for my IP program; a store brand, Kroger. It doesn't smell or taste awful...so I assume it is good. To me I'm tasting a heaviness with an oily aftertaste. No matter what I've tried to disguise a table spoon of it with, that oily taste just finds its way through. I beginning to be bothered by it. Any suggestions on downplaying the oil part? Maybe I should try a more expensive brand for a less oily taste. I usually reach for what's on sale. I'm sure much of this has to do with broadening my tastes..because it just isn't going to taste like Ranch regardless of what I mix in it. Can it?
Hi EgadsMe -- how much olive oil are you eating a day??? -- according to my IP "rule" sheet we can only have 2 teaspoons a day (which is one teaspoon less then a tablespoon) -- from reading your post above it looks like you are eating a tablespoon or more???? I think you will find if you only eat 2 teaspoons a day (I use 1 tsp spread out over 2 salads and 1 tsp for cooking) the flavor will be less intense. I too am a big fan of coconut oil (my coach is checking to see if this is IP okay) -- I also like the greek olive oil - whole foods brand -- very clean tasting. Since I am only getting 2 tsps a day I tend to like the ones with a bit more flavor for my salads - for that I use an unfiltered, cold pressed extra virgin organic olive oil and it is AMAZING Good luck!!!! Hope this helps
Old 02-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #208  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

5 more days on phase 3. Everything is going great. Tired tonight, type later.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #209  

Quote:
No, no. I know. I should be really excited. I think I'm feeling icky because I went in for my yearly yesterday and she told me I still need to lose some weight. What a bummer. It's been at a standstill this week, that's all. I'm really not a 'negative nancy'.
Don't let your doctor's comments get you down ... you already wanted to lose more weight! Look at your start/current/goal weights. You're well on your way to getting your doctor and more than a few pounds of fat off your back, so to speak. Keep up the great work!

Remember that your weight loss won't be a straight line, the same amount every week, let alone every day. If you're weighing yourself every day, can you treat the scale number as data you're gathering and not an assessment of your value or your efforts?
Old 02-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
I'm also wondering if IP may have changed your need for thyroid meds. I take T3 and T4 (Synthroid and Cytomel) and I'm going next week to see the results in my levels since being on IP. I was told by several dr/endo that once you introduce T3 - that the TSH number is pretty much useless. You need to have your T4 and more importantly your T3 levels cked. I've read that low calorie diets slow the T4 to T3 conversion - so if that's the case it seems logical that IP may mean you need more T3. Meaning that maybe you aren't converting as well as you did pre-IP. The only way to know is to test T3 levels.

I know before I got my thyroid meds regulated again (pre-IP - I had been off meds completely for over 10 yrs) my joints hurt unbelievable.

Also - have your Pg levels cked. Prior to getting back on thyroid meds - my Pg levels were almost -0-. I remember one morning looking in the mirror and thinking I looked 60 (I was 41 and suddenly looked WAY older than just a year before) and thinking if I felt this bad (joint pain) at 40 - there was no way I could live another 20 years. Come to find out I had no Pg. There is a huge connection between Pg and Thyroid and for me - being Thyroid deficient had caused a Pg deficiency - and other things. It's take 2 years to get it all straightened back out.

And always being cold - that's a normal side affect of IP - and added to thyroid probably is just worse. I on the other hand am usually hot because my hormonal issues override the thyroid coldness.

I can certainly relate to the whole - can't fit anymore pills in. It's be a REAL struggle for me to get all my pills in - and keep the timing. I'm missed my Synthroid a lot. I usually take it at bedtime - but when I take my supplements @ dinner I many times don't have the 4 hr cushion. So I miss the Synthroid and take it around 4am when I get up to pee. I've yet to find a good routine for all the pills.

Anyway - just some other things to think about. Wishing you luck!
Thank you for that. What are Pg levels? I've never heard of that, does it have something to do with thyroid? I too have missed some of my thyroid pills at night just because I ate dinner too late. Before IP I took my thyroid in the morning - I always hate taking it, it does make me feel a little bit weird, I get pressure in my ears and a kind of swimming head feeling that I don't like. I'm taking it at night now so I can get all the pills in during the day - and it does give me crazy dreams and not entirely restful sleep. I wish wish wish I could figure out a way not to have to take meds for that at all. I would drink seaweed and iodine juice like water if I thought it would work.
Closed Thread